Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Failed to update firmware
3117 9 2020-7-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ariosl
lvl.1
Mexico

When the firmware update V02.02.0401 is being generated, it marks an error 0x020503 and remains at 81% of the update.
100% complete downloading.
100% complete transmitting.
Updating to 81% and the above mentioned error is cut and marked.
Various computers have been tried.
The same happens when you want to download the version to V02.02.0312
100% complete downloading.
100% complete transmitting.
Updating to 68% and it cuts and marks the same error mentioned above.
Drone battery above 80% charge.
It cannot be updated or downgraded.

error uploding

error uploding

error downgraded

error downgraded
2020-7-2
Use props
mchristo
lvl.1
United States

I had something like this happen to my P4 RTK when I first got it and had to send it back for another. It would not connect to the controller or my computer afterwards. I hope the same thing hasn't happened to you.
2020-7-2
Use props
mbuonanno
lvl.4

Italy

Hi Ariosl, try to update your aircraft using the DJI GS RTK app. Connect the USB-C port on the remote controller to the Micro USB port on the aircraft via a USB-C OTG cable and a Micro USB cable. (see User Manual, p.73)  Cheers, Maurizio
2020-7-6
Use props
djiuser_2msRv0NBJJuE
New

United States

Maurizio,

I am experiencing similar issues and the controller cannot recognize the aircraft. All the lights on the aircraft stay red, and directly connecting the aircraft to the controller using the USB cable does not help. The controller still does not see the aircraft.

When I connect the aircraft to the DJI Assistant software, it reports the aircraft firmware version as v01.05.0106.

Is there a next step? I am very technically minded if the solution is involved.
2020-7-23
Use props
fans4cf8ab67
lvl.1
Flight distance : 15623 ft
United Kingdom

Hi ariosl I now have the same issue. Did you find a solution to this?
2023-3-22
Use props
patiam
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1093865 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans4cf8ab67 Posted at 3-22 08:37
Hi ariosl I now have the same issue. Did you find a solution to this?

Have you tried this?

"Hi Ariosl, try to update your aircraft using the DJI GS RTK app. Connect the USB-C port on the remote controller to the Micro USB port on the aircraft via a USB-C OTG cable and a Micro USB cable. (see User Manual, p.73)  Cheers, Maurizio"
2023-3-23
Use props
petergroft
lvl.1

India

1. SWITCH TO A FASTER INTERNET CONNECTION
Android system updates, especially those that add new features, can be between 500MB to 1.5 GB. Hence, using a stable internet connection when downloading these updates is vital. To start, you can run a quick speed test on your phone and verify the strength of your internet connection.

Alternatively, you could switch to a different network connection to see if that helps. If you’re connecting to a Wi-Fi network, use the 5 GHz frequency rather than the 2.4 GHz frequency for better download speeds.

2. CHARGE YOUR PHONE
Installing system updates takes time. Your Android phone may not install an update if it does not have enough battery power. This prevents your phone from shutting down in the middle of an update.
Ideally, you should make sure that your phone has over 50% battery before you install any update. You can also leave your phone plugged in to ensure that it does not run out of power.

3. FREE UP STORAGE SPACE
A lack of storage space can also lead to the ‘Android system update failed to install’ error. It is, in fact, one of the most common reasons why Android updates fail to install. You’ll need to check your phone’s storage status to rule out this possibility.

Head over to the Settings app and tap on Storage to view a breakdown of the storage.

Greetings,
Peter
2023-4-3
Use props
patiam
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1093865 ft
  • >>>
United States

petergroft Posted at 4-3 21:27
1. SWITCH TO A FASTER INTERNET CONNECTION
Android system updates, especially those that add new features, can be between 500MB to 1.5 GB. Hence, using a stable internet connection when downloading these updates is vital. To start, you can run a quick speed test on your phone and verify the strength of your internet connection.

We're talking about firmware updates, not Android System updates Peter. On a dedicated Android device, not a phone.
2023-4-4
Use props
wynquest9206
lvl.1
Canada

I'm quite annoyed at how difficult it is to update firmware on the drones - I have a Mini 4 Pro and am using a 1 GB internet wired connection on the computer, with the drone connected via USB cable to the computer with the DJI Assistant 2 application - lots of storage on the drone - yet it gets to 68% updating and fails each time.  Why is this still an issue, seems like it should be very simple.  
2023-11-20
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

wynquest9206 Posted at 11-20 14:19
I'm quite annoyed at how difficult it is to update firmware on the drones - I have a Mini 4 Pro and am using a 1 GB internet wired connection on the computer, with the drone connected via USB cable to the computer with the DJI Assistant 2 application - lots of storage on the drone - yet it gets to 68% updating and fails each time.  Why is this still an issue, seems like it should be very simple.

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're deeply sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Please try to uninstall the DJI Assistant 2 software on your computer and please install the version on the link below. In addition, does the issue show when the firmware is downloading or installing? Please provide us screenshots or screen recordings for us to check the behavior. Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/global/downl ... sumer-drones-series
2023-11-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules