Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
skolstad1952
lvl.2
Flight distance : 984846 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi
My Mavic air2 with FreeWell PL/ND8 filter install gets a gimbal overload (gimbal actually vibrates) when agressive flying in 90 + degees temperature.
2020-7-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi skolstad1952, sorry for the trouble with the gimbal, does the error persist when removing the FreeWell ND filter? The combability of the third-party accessories cannot be fully ensured, how about using DJI ND filters?
2020-7-3
Use props
skolstad1952
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Hi
I just did a flight with Freewell filter installed at 73 deg and no gimbal overload
2020-7-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

skolstad1952 Posted at 7-4 09:06
Hi
I just did a flight with Freewell filter installed at 73 deg and no gimbal overload

Good to know, but we still recommend to use the DJI provided ND filters in case the error happens again. Fly safely.
2020-7-6
Use props
skolstad1952
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 7-6 00:38
Good to know, but we still recommend to use the DJI provided ND filters in case the error happens again. Fly safely.

Hi Mindy
All this tells me is there maybe a high temp problem with the extra weight of the Freewell filter on the gimbal.
I am attempting to return my Mavic Air 2 to DJI.  Support is processing a return request. The camera and the new features are nice but so many missing features in the Fly app vs the Mavic 2 using the Go4 makes me wish to return it and just fly my Mavic 2 Pro. I have a mini too. The mini is a very good toy and i accept it limits.
2020-7-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

skolstad1952 Posted at 7-6 07:07
Hi Mindy
All this tells me is there maybe a high temp problem with the extra weight of the Freewell filter on the gimbal.
I am attempting to return my Mavic Air 2 to DJI.  Support is processing a return request. The camera and the new features are nice but so many missing features in the Fly app vs the Mavic 2 using the Go4 makes me wish to return it and just fly my Mavic 2 Pro. I have a mini too. The mini is a very good toy and i accept it limits.

I'm so sorry for the late response and the Mavic Air 2 didn't meet your requirement, hope you will get a refund soon. If there is anything else we can do for you, please feel free to let us know.
2020-7-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules