DJI OSMO Mobile 3 doesn't work
7849 14 2020-7-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Randune23
lvl.1

United States

I don't understand how a product can be made and it not function correctly.  I went and previewed many video reviews on some YouTube creators I follow.  So I bought one at Best Buy and couldn't wait to try it out.  I installed the Mimo app, charged the gimbal, balanced the phone, and powered on.  Inside the Mimo app it found the OSMO and asked me if I wanted to pair.  I selected "YES" and went back to the instruction manual.  I noticed the green/yellow light just kept blinking and the battery icon on the app says the OSMO is red even though it shows the 3 lights stating it is fully charged.  The Shutter/Record button, the "M" button, joystick, and the trigger do not work.

I saw on the DJI Forum that there are tons of these same posts with no help from DJI.  So what gives?  How can all these people have the same issue but have DJI not respond at all?  I always looked up to DJI as a company based on the content creators I follow.  I really wanted to be able to have a very high-quality gimbal for a videoshoot I have coming up in a week.  But with this unit not working...if I don't hear anything back from DJI then this pile is going right back to Best Buy.

In customer service you would think a company as large as DJI would at least answer the people who want to buy and use your products.

Your feedback on how to fix this unit is greatly appreciated.

Randy
2020-7-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Randy, sorry for the trouble with Osmo Mobile 3, affected by the COVID-19 and understaffing, the posts in Forum may not be replied timely, we are doing our best to overcome the impact.
For your Osmo Mobile 3, may we verify whether it has been activated? Blinking yellow and green indicates the gimbal is in Standby Mode, you may try to press the M button three times to exit the standby mode.
Here is the tutorial video of how to activate the gimbal, hope it helps.
2020-7-4
Use props
Randune23
lvl.1

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 7-4 00:05
Hi Randy, sorry for the trouble with Osmo Mobile 3, affected by the COVID-19 and understaffing, the posts in Forum may not be replied timely, we are doing our best to overcome the impact.
For your Osmo Mobile 3, may we verify whether it has been activated? Blinking yellow and green indicates the gimbal is in Standby Mode, you may try to press the M button three times to exit the standby mode.

Well, sorry about the short-staffed issues, but someone with DJI can probably get online and answer some questions.  This seems like an on-going issue based on the number of people having the same issues.  I love that you actually responded.  However, I installed the phone into the gimbal, logged into the DJI Mimo app (even updated my personal profile), and guess what?  The light is still blinking.  I watched the video, followed all the instructions but still having the same issues.  So I don't know how I activate the gimbal after watching the video.

Randy
2020-7-6
Use props
Randune23
lvl.1

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 7-4 00:05

I was able to activate it and had to pull my iPhone out of the cheap $10 case I bought at Walmart.  I got it balanced and it "kinda" worked for a while.  But it doesn't work as many of the YouTube creators I follow in their review videos.  I don't know what I'm missing.  Then when we were in the mountains (w/ no service) I couldn't connect to the WiFi b/c it said it wasn't available.  Then when I did get service the same flashing yellow (non-activated) light came on.  I just wish something that I spent this much money on would work like you would think it would.
2020-7-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Randune23 Posted at 7-9 22:47
I was able to activate it and had to pull my iPhone out of the cheap $10 case I bought at Walmart.  I got it balanced and it "kinda" worked for a while.  But it doesn't work as many of the YouTube creators I follow in their review videos.  I don't know what I'm missing.  Then when we were in the mountains (w/ no service) I couldn't connect to the WiFi b/c it said it wasn't available.  Then when I did get service the same flashing yellow (non-activated) light came on.  I just wish something that I spent this much money on would work like you would think it would.

Sorry for the late response, Osmo Mobile 3 connects to the mobile phone via Bluetooth, it shall not be affected when you were in the mountains.
Please ensure there is no other Bluetooth is enabled when connecting to Osmo Mobile 3. Blinking yellow indicates Bluetooth disconnected, you may press M button,  Shutter button and the Trigger button at the same time to reset the Bluetooth and then connect again.
2020-7-14
Use props
Randune23
lvl.1

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 7-14 05:55
Sorry for the late response, Osmo Mobile 3 connects to the mobile phone via Bluetooth, it shall not be affected when you were in the mountains.
Please ensure there is no other Bluetooth is enabled when connecting to Osmo Mobile 3. Blinking yellow indicates Bluetooth disconnected, you may press M button,  Shutter button and the Trigger button at the same time to reset the Bluetooth and then connect again.

In getting ready for a video shoot that I have this Sunday, I pulled out the OSMO 3 to see if I could get it to FINALLY work remotely close to the video reviews I've seen online.  I am wanting to shoot some low angle and high angle shots of people working out.  I want to be able to get really up close and personal and I'm praying that this will take the footage I need.

After I turned it on, it gave me the same yellow/green flashing light and when I connected the Mimo app I could see the gimbal battery icon was once again red and I could not operate the gimbal.  I turned it off and back on, and pressed the trigger twice to recenter the phone.  Then I did what you suggested and pressed the M button 3 times and it seemed to work pretty well (and the yellow/green flashing light went a solid green).

Well, we are going on another mountain hike this Sunday morning and  I will give in one more try.  But if it doesn't work like I've seen all the successful content creators on YouTube, then back to Best Buy it goes.  Then afterward I will write a "not so pleasant" review.  I just don't understand why things (especially when it comes to technology such as drones, gimbals, etc) work like you would think they would work right out of the box.  Is that too much to ask that something you spend $140 actually works like it was designed to???

I don't think so.  I've read some other reviews on not only the OSMO mobile 3 but other gimbals.  I reached out to some of my mentors to get their insight into which one is the best gimbal.

Wish me luck.

Randy
2020-7-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Randune23 Posted at 7-22 19:13
In getting ready for a video shoot that I have this Sunday, I pulled out the OSMO 3 to see if I could get it to FINALLY work remotely close to the video reviews I've seen online.  I am wanting to shoot some low angle and high angle shots of people working out.  I want to be able to get really up close and personal and I'm praying that this will take the footage I need.

After I turned it on, it gave me the same yellow/green flashing light and when I connected the Mimo app I could see the gimbal battery icon was once again red and I could not operate the gimbal.  I turned it off and back on, and pressed the trigger twice to recenter the phone.  Then I did what you suggested and pressed the M button 3 times and it seemed to work pretty well (and the yellow/green flashing light went a solid green).

We apologize again for the unpleasant experience with Osmo Mobile 3, this is never the experience we expect you to have with our product. It is recommended to send back for a diagnosis. Please keep us updated if there is anything else we can help you, thanks.
2020-7-25
Use props
Randune23
lvl.1

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 7-25 04:00
We apologize again for the unpleasant experience with Osmo Mobile 3, this is never the experience we expect you to have with our product. It is recommended to send back for a diagnosis. Please keep us updated if there is anything else we can help you, thanks.

YEAH...HOUSTON we no longer have any problems!!!  I took the one that would not work back to Best Buy and they exchanged it without any concern.  Tonight I balanced my phone, powered it own, paired it, activated it, and it WORKS LIKE A CHARM!!!  Weird huh?  Ironically, with tech if things are going to go wrong they will go wrong with me.

It's so nice to see it working how it was designed to.

Even more ironic...DJI drops the OM4 today!  Really?  I watched two video reviews on YouTube today and I really didn't see the need to upgrade.  The sticker mounts on your phone (for life and cannot be in a case) is a little odd for me.  Granted it may save the few seconds it takes to balance your phone with the OSMO 3 that you just connect it via the magnet mount on the back of your phone.  But I love my phone case.

I guess time will tell if the OM4 is worth returning my OSMO 3.

Randy
2020-8-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Randune23 Posted at 8-26 19:56
YEAH...HOUSTON we no longer have any problems!!!  I took the one that would not work back to Best Buy and they exchanged it without any concern.  Tonight I balanced my phone, powered it own, paired it, activated it, and it WORKS LIKE A CHARM!!!  Weird huh?  Ironically, with tech if things are going to go wrong they will go wrong with me.

It's so nice to see it working how it was designed to.

Thank you for your update, Randy, it is great to hear that all is working well now.
DJI OM 4 has just released, compared to Osmo Mobile 3, the main differences are as below, you can check on it if you are interested:
1. Brand-new magnetic quick-release design for a more convenient mounting experience; 2. DJI OM 4 is integrated with new intelligent shooting modes such as DynamicZoom and CloneMe; 3. DJI OM 4 supports Flashlight mode. 4. DJI OM 4 has a stronger motor.
Sorry again for the difficulties you had experienced. If there is anything further I can help, please feel free to let me know, I am here to help.
2020-8-27
Use props
djiuser_OTOJ4SEob4f8
New
United States

DGI Osmo 3 software not working on my Samsung Ultra 22.
Installed software and get an error my device is not compatible. We also have 2 drones. I don't get why we spend a o much monies for products that frequently don't sync or work properly. Feeling disappointed.
2022-3-18
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_OTOJ4SEob4f8 Posted at 3-18 20:58
DGI Osmo 3 software not working on my Samsung Ultra 22.
Installed software and get an error my device is not compatible. We also have 2 drones. I don't get why we spend a o much monies for products that frequently don't sync or work properly. Feeling disappointed.

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. For Andriod users, we recommend you scan the QR code and download the latest apps through the link below:
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... &extra=page%3D1
Or you may reinstall apps from our website. Here is the link:
https://www.dji.com/ca/downloads
If you have any questions, please feel free to talk.
2022-3-19
Use props
TJacobs29
lvl.1

United States

I have had my DJI Osmo Mobile 3 for about 2 years now and used it about 10 times total. It stays in the case and has been well cared for, still looks new. The last time I tried using it, it just flings around and never works. It's not balanced to start off, no matter how much I position it and how even it is. When it's on and the app is open it either says Phone Not Connected or Motor Protected. I have watched every youtube video and read every forum with no success. It seems like this is a common issue with no support or help from DJI on how to fix it. At this point this is just a brick because I can't use it. I am hesitant to buy the new one if this happened for no reason and DJI offers no support so if you don't have any ideas on a fix I would appreciate any recommendations on another kind/brand as well. The link contains a video of what it's doing. It literally just flops around and doesn't work, almost seems like the motor isn't working at all. https://www.dropbox.com/s/4d3swpy1bjl10uu/IMG_0044.MOV?dl=0
2022-10-11
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

TJacobs29 Posted at 10-11 13:57
I have had my DJI Osmo Mobile 3 for about 2 years now and used it about 10 times total. It stays in the case and has been well cared for, still looks new. The last time I tried using it, it just flings around and never works. It's not balanced to start off, no matter how much I position it and how even it is. When it's on and the app is open it either says Phone Not Connected or Motor Protected. I have watched every youtube video and read every forum with no success. It seems like this is a common issue with no support or help from DJI on how to fix it. At this point this is just a brick because I can't use it. I am hesitant to buy the new one if this happened for no reason and DJI offers no support so if you don't have any ideas on a fix I would appreciate any recommendations on another kind/brand as well. The link contains a video of what it's doing. It literally just flops around and doesn't work, almost seems like the motor isn't working at all. https://www.dropbox.com/s/4d3swpy1bjl10uu/IMG_0044.MOV?dl=0

We are greatly sorry to hear about that. Could you please tell us which way you contact us? Please provide us with the related ticket number for our further checks.
2022-10-11
Use props
djiuser_ugFSVMSm7Bhj
New

Mexico

I have exactly the same issue, used it for a few times and doesn’t work
2022-12-25
Use props
Iamoabraham
New

Nigeria

You may not believe me, but after 2 years, this worked for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Di2UMK1gnFE
2023-8-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules