DJI Fly app Editing on iPad Mini
4897 39 2020-7-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kurt Air2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 205823 ft
Hong Kong

Editing on the Fly app is weird on the iPad Mini.  There are blank black spaces on both ends of the video, but when I hit "Play", there is video in the black space.  When I hit "cut", the cut shows up in a location other than where I want it.  When I attempt to edit on my iPhone, it's fine.  The problem is only on the iPad Mini.  I've deleted and uploaded the app a couple times to see if that worked.  Nope.  The attachment is a screen shot of the editing page.  The black space at the front actually has video in it, and the arrows show where I attempt to "cut", and where the cut showed up.

Is this s a known problem?  ARe there others that have this problem.  I really like the larger screen; it's a bummer that it doesn't work right.  Thanx for any help.
7BC9F1E3-7DFD-450B-88A6-3B005374BEB8.jpeg
2020-7-4
Use props
djiuser_6J9I67cwuRUL
New
Flight distance : 157339 ft
United States

I’m having this same issue with my iPad Pro, so annoying! It seems like a glitch with the iPad app to me.  
2020-7-5
Use props
Kurt Air2
lvl.2
Hong Kong

So, if someone else is having the same issue on an iPad, it’s a glitch in the APP.   Thanks for confirming.  It’s a shame; it’s actually a nice easy editing app.  DJI should figure it out. Flying with the iPad mini for a screen as awesome, much nicer than a phone screen.  
2020-7-5
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this concern. May I know that exact model of the iPad Mini please? Kindly please try a different recommended mobile device to isolate the issue. In addition, I will post a an image below for the recommended mobile device lists. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.

2020-7-5
Use props
Kurt Air2
lvl.2
Hong Kong

iPad Mini 5 iPad. iOS 13.5.1, the most current update.  

Editing works perfectly on 2 different iPhone 11‘s.   Have deleted and reinstalled Fly APP twice, have configured all software on all devices to most current releases. The issue is consistent; the same glitches occur in the same manner and in the same locations.  

It seems to be an iPad-centric issue.  
2020-7-5
Use props
Kurt Air2
lvl.2
Hong Kong

DJI Paladin Posted at 7-5 22:47
Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this concern. May I know that exact model of the iPad Mini please? Kindly please try a different recommended mobile device to isolate the issue. In addition, I will post a an image below for the recommended mobile device lists. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.

[view_image]

I can post a screen recording video of the editing process if that helps.  It’s very strange.  
2020-7-5
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Kurt Air2 Posted at 7-5 23:02
I can post a screen recording video of the editing process if that helps.  It’s very strange.

Thank you for the additional information, yes please that will be a great help for this concern and please try a different recommended mobile device to isolate the issue. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.
2020-7-5
Use props
Kurt Air2
lvl.2
China

It works fine on 2 different iPhone 11. It does not work on iPad Mini 5.  iPad Mini 5 is not on the list you provided, but I don’t know why that would matter as the iPad OS is the same as others  that are on the list.  I am guessing the most current iPad OS upgrade (13.5.1) causes the problems.  It works (edits) fine on multiple iPhones 10 & 11. The problem is only with editing on the iPad.  It’s compatible and operates the aircraft perfectly.   
2020-7-6
Use props
djiuser_DNpiJFEj1hi1
lvl.1

United States

I’m having the same issue on my iPad Air 2 with the latest update.
2020-7-6
Use props
djiuser_DNpiJFEj1hi1
lvl.1

United States

2020-7-6
Use props
djiuser_DNpiJFEj1hi1
lvl.1

United States

2020-7-6
Use props
Kurt Air2
lvl.2
Hong Kong

djiuser_DNpiJFEj1hi1 Posted at 7-6 10:11
I’m having the same issue on my iPad Air 2 with the latest update.

Yeah, it’s gotta be the update.  It was fine, and then it wasn’t.
2020-7-6
Use props
Kurt Air2
lvl.2
Hong Kong

Kurt Air2 Posted at 7-6 11:55
Yeah, it’s gotta be the update.  It was fine, and then it wasn’t.

Here’s a link to a short screen shot video showing what it looks like....

https://youtu.be/ljjL0M31npc

DJI Fly App Glitch
2020-7-6
Use props
Kurt Air2
lvl.2
Hong Kong

Links don’t upload correctly either.....  

For all the incredible tech that goes in their products, DJI FORUM IS ABOUT AT 1999 time frame....
2020-7-6
Use props
Kurt Air2
lvl.2
Hong Kong

The. Video shows the black space at the front, although there is video in there.  The cuts show up as being out of alignment with the “cut line”. Also, the cuts are different sizes and located randomly.  It’s a very strange glitch.  

IPad Mini 5 with most current 13.5.1 upgrade......
2020-7-6
Use props
kontrolroom
lvl.1

United States

Kurt Air2 Posted at 7-6 00:21
It works fine on 2 different iPhone 11. It does not work on iPad Mini 5.  iPad Mini 5 is not on the list you provided, but I don’t know why that would matter as the iPad OS is the same as others  that are on the list.  I am guessing the most current iPad OS upgrade (13.5.1) causes the problems.  It works (edits) fine on multiple iPhones 10 & 11. The problem is only with editing on the iPad.  It’s compatible and operates the aircraft perfectly.

Experiencing the same issue on the same generation devices. App works great on iPhone but the cut feature on the iPad is out of whack. Definitely a software issue with the iPad running the current iOS. Thanks for taking your time to find a solution, I look forward to figuring out how to make this work well on my iPad
2020-7-25
Use props
kontrolroom
lvl.1

United States

experiencing the same issue on identical product generations. The editing app works great on the iPhone but not on the iPad Mini 5. Specifically the cut feature. Thank you for posting above a comprehensive explanation of what the issue is.
2020-7-25
Use props
danellis06460
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8698 ft
United Kingdom

kontrolroom Posted at 7-25 00:33
experiencing the same issue on identical product generations. The editing app works great on the iPhone but not on the iPad Mini 5. Specifically the cut feature. Thank you for posting above a comprehensive explanation of what the issue is.

+1 I’m seeing the same problem on an iPad Pro 11 inch.  Latest IOS.

Hopefully its fixed soon, its a nice app.
2020-7-25
Use props
Kurt Air2
lvl.2
United States

Talked to Apple, and of course they have nothing worthwhile to say about it.  
2020-7-25
Use props
djiuser_3TTuHy4BYvEw
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10207 ft
Canada

Same issue on iPad model A1893 (6th generation) and IOS 13.6. Works correctly on iPhone 11 Pro MAX.
2020-7-26
Use props
djiuser_lrY9fYLGhvBI
lvl.1
Australia

Same on my iPad 11 pro with IOS 13.6.  Renders it useless for editing. Following is immediately after loading the first clip.  The editing strip seems to have no relationship to the editing position.
2020-7-30
Use props
djiuser_lrY9fYLGhvBI
lvl.1
Australia

2020-7-30
Use props
Kurt Air2
lvl.2
United States

djiuser_lrY9fYLGhvBI Posted at 7-30 20:14
[view_image]

Exactly.  The cut mark has no relation to the edit location.  And, it’s random.  Cuts are different sizes.

I’ve gone to just taking out the SD card and putting it all in the computer and iMovie edit.  
2020-7-31
Use props
Kurt Air2
lvl.2
United States

djiuser_lrY9fYLGhvBI Posted at 7-30 20:14
[view_image]

Exactly.  The cut mark has no relation to the edit location.  And, it’s random.  Cuts are different sizes.

I’ve gone to just taking out the SD card and putting it all in the computer and iMovie edit.  
2020-8-1
Use props
Trabor
lvl.1
Flight distance : 66755 ft
United States

Exact same issue with iPad Air v3
2020-8-22
Use props
Trabor
lvl.1
Flight distance : 66755 ft
United States

Trabor Posted at 8-22 04:02
Exact same issue with iPad Air v3

Maybe buy a cheap android tablet till DJI gets their act together??
2020-8-22
Use props
oBkirneH
New
Flight distance : 58684 ft
Denmark

Hi,

I have the same issue on an iPad  6. generation, model MRJP2KN/A.
Currently running iOS v13.6.1

It worker previously.

Works fine on my iPhone X - same iOS version.

On the iPad it looks like the editor doesn't go in full screen. That could cause a scaling issue.
2020-8-23
Use props
Kurt Air2
lvl.2
United States

Same here.  It worked, then it didn’t.  It’s got to be the last upgrade  Enough people are all having the same problem, it’s not isolated.  There’s another upgrade that just came out. I’ll load it and try the edit again and report back.  
2020-8-23
Use props
djiuser_H990IHxeVIeX
lvl.1
Flight distance : 20285 ft
United States

Having the same issue on iPad mini 5, editing cut lines are off and app is a square and not full screen.
2020-8-25
Use props
fans40fed5ef
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1693 ft
United States

Same issue for me latest iPad Pro 11...
2020-9-6
Use props
djiuser_uwmTDudczhL3
New

United States

oBkirneH Posted at 8-23 02:58
Hi,

I have the same issue on an iPad  6. generation, model MRJP2KN/A.

Exact same issue on iPad 6th Gen
2020-10-6
Use props
SublimeQuad
lvl.3
Flight distance : 30348 ft
United States

Same issue on iPad Pro 10" with latest iOS and latest app (.10). Maybe a better question is, "Does anyone have the latest Fly app running properly on an iPad?"

It's a good day to fly,
Michael
2020-10-16
Use props
Kurt Air2
lvl.2
United States

Essentially, yes.  I’ve tried it in 3 different iPad configurations, all 2020  machinery and OS, and none of them work.  It’s OK.  iMovie is infinitely better anyway, albeit with a couple additional steps to get to a finished state.
2020-10-16
Use props
JL Resort
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5988 ft
United States

Same exact problem with brand new iPad Air 4th Gen. all software are up to date. Editor works fine on iPhone 11 Pro
2020-12-25
Use props
fansb2a2e50d
New
Flight distance : 33717 ft
United States

Same. IOS ver 14.4.1 mini gen 5. Cannot believe DJI  couldn’t fix this until today.
I have DJI go4 on same iPad mini, which does not have any issue.
2021-3-18
Use props
Kurt Air2
lvl.2
United States

fansb2a2e50d Posted at 3-18 18:11
Same. IOS ver 14.4.1 mini gen 5. Cannot believe DJI  couldn’t fix this until today.
I have DJI go4 on same iPad mini, which does not have any issue.

Is it actually fixed?  I haven’t tried it in months.  I just download and edit in iMovie.
2021-3-18
Use props
djiuser_4OEdMEcLLK8W
New

United Kingdom

Kurt Air2 Posted at 3-18 18:30
Is it actually fixed?  I haven’t tried it in months.  I just download and edit in iMovie.

It most certainly is not fixed. I am a brand new user of DJI Drone Mini 2 and as such went from Android phone to iPad Mini 5 as no android tablets were recommended but neither was iPad 5 although iPad 4 was....so silly me went and bought iPad 5 yesterday.....now sitting here very disappointed after chatting on-lint to DJI who say there si nothing we can do unless developers do some sort of software update but that they also only really recommend using mobile phones for the complete operation...I wanted a bigger screen to edit my footage on and fly the drone so thought I was doing the right thing.....can anyone recommend a non IOS user such as myself a good editing programme to use on the iPad Min5 please otherwise there will not be much point in me flying the drone at all.  Thank you in advance.
2021-3-19
Use props
Kurt Air2
lvl.2
United States

djiuser_4OEdMEcLLK8W Posted at 3-19 05:57
It most certainly is not fixed. I am a brand new user of DJI Drone Mini 2 and as such went from Android phone to iPad Mini 5 as no android tablets were recommended but neither was iPad 5 although iPad 4 was....so silly me went and bought iPad 5 yesterday.....now sitting here very disappointed after chatting on-lint to DJI who say there si nothing we can do unless developers do some sort of software update but that they also only really recommend using mobile phones for the complete operation...I wanted a bigger screen to edit my footage on and fly the drone so thought I was doing the right thing.....can anyone recommend a non IOS user such as myself a good editing programme to use on the iPad Min5 please otherwise there will not be much point in me flying the drone at all.  Thank you in advance.

I’m all iOS, so no recommendation from me.  
2021-3-19
Use props
djiuser_Ef8MjtTj8wjD
New

United Kingdom

I have the same issues on Ipad mini 4, flys the drone perfect, and live using it!, but when it comes to editing, it sucks arse! Please Dji try and resolve this issue? Already spent a fortune getting all the bits I need to fky the drone. Any news would be much appreciated
2021-4-3
Use props
Kurt Air2
lvl.2
United States

djiuser_Ef8MjtTj8wjD Posted at 4-3 13:06
I have the same issues on Ipad mini 4, flys the drone perfect, and live using it!, but when it comes to editing, it sucks arse! Please Dji try and resolve this issue? Already spent a fortune getting all the bits I need to fky the drone. Any news would be much appreciated

.....and now.... It works!  I have no idea why, but on a whim, after dozens of attempts and finally giving up, I tried to edit something on my iPad Mini 5 and it worked just like on the phone.  

Who knows?  Not me....
2021-4-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules