Balancing Samsung Note9 with Osmo3
857 10 2020-7-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AmyMichele
lvl.1
United States

I researched this gimble for months before purchasing, and was so excited when it arrived... I just spent hours searching "how to" videos on how to balance the Osmo3 with a Note9, because I CAN NOT get it to work. I see lots of videos shot with the Osmo3 using a Note9, so there MUST be a way (please dont say trial and error). I grabbed an old S7 I had and got it balanced in 2 seconds, so it appears the Note9 is TOO BIG for the Osmo3, buit then how is everyone taking these videos with theirs? PLEASE HELP, I need to get going on this ASAP. Thanks in advance
2020-7-4
Use props
AlanHd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

I always find it easiest to balance with the gimbal closed. Just make sure the axis of the phone is perpendicular.

Balance your phone one the horizontal axis first so it doesn’t move when you move it slightly, then when you turn it to Portrait  just move the whole clamp left or right to get it perfectly balance, if you look behind the clamp you can see how it moves.
Once you’ve done it and see where it sits it’s dead easy from there on.
2020-7-4
Use props
AlanHd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

I just want to add that balancing has nothing to do with the size of the phone, it’s just about getting the phones center of gravity aligned with the clamps Center. As long as the phone fits in theory it should balance, where people have problems is when theY fit extra lenses which throws of the Center of gravity, in this case you can get balance weights to offset the extra weight.
2020-7-4
Use props
AmyMichele
lvl.1
United States

Thank you. Turns out I just had to hold the swivel (I'm sure that's NOT what its called) with my finger so it wouldn't move while I was balancing my phone side to side. They SHOW this in the video (but make no mention of the importance, or it being necessary for a successful balance). Then when I turn it on, were all good...
Now to figure out why some of the features wont work (sport mode, the record button, tracking, etc) still watching tutorials, but about to exchange it for the Osmo pocket and give up.
2020-7-4
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank you for choosing DJI and I am sorry for the trouble you had experienced earlier. With regards to the sports mode feature. Please refer to the image posted below for more information on how to trigger the sports mode and other features of the DJI Osmo Mobile 3. In addition, I will be posting a link for the manual of the DJI Osmo Mobile 3. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.

2020-7-5
Use props
AmyMichele
lvl.1
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 7-5 23:05
Hi. Thank you for choosing DJI and I am sorry for the trouble you had experienced earlier. With regards to the sports mode feature. Please refer to the image posted below for more information on how to trigger the sports mode and other features of the DJI Osmo Mobile 3. In addition, I will be posting a link for the manual of the DJI Osmo Mobile 3. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.

[view_image]

Thanks for the response! Can you tell me how to get the zoom to work? Seems like there are several threads going about the zoom trigger working on the osmo3, but now resolution
2020-7-6
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

AmyMichele Posted at 7-6 10:33
Thanks for the response! Can you tell me how to get the zoom to work? Seems like there are several threads going about the zoom trigger working on the osmo3, but now resolution

I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for the additional inquiry. With regards to the zoom on the DJI Osmo Mobile 3. May I know is the zoom trigger not responsive? Please refer to the image below for more information about the ZoomTrigger. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.

2020-7-7
Use props
AmyMichele
lvl.1
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 7-7 01:31
I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for the additional inquiry. With regards to the zoom on the DJI Osmo Mobile 3. May I know is the zoom trigger not responsive? Please refer to the image below for more information about the ZoomTrigger. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.

[view_image]

EXACTLY, it does NOTHING
The zoom is unresponsive and the record button is unresponsive (I have to push my phone to take a photo or start/stop a video).
2020-7-7
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

AmyMichele Posted at 7-7 01:46
EXACTLY, it does NOTHING  
The zoom is unresponsive and the record button is unresponsive (I have to push my phone to take a photo or start/stop a video).

I am sorry to know that the issue still persists. With regards to this concern. May I know is the Samsung Note 9 updated? Are you seeing any error messages on the DJI Mimo application? Is the DJI Osmo Mobile 3 staying connected via Bluetooth of the mobile device? Kindly please try a different recommended mobile device to isolate the issue. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.
2020-7-7
Use props
AmyMichele
lvl.1
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 7-7 20:17
I am sorry to know that the issue still persists. With regards to this concern. May I know is the Samsung Note 9 updated? Are you seeing any error messages on the DJI Mimo application? Is the DJI Osmo Mobile 3 staying connected via Bluetooth of the mobile device? Kindly please try a different recommended mobile device to isolate the issue. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.

no error messages, it is updated, I don't have another mobile device laying around
I think I just need to send it back and upgrade to the pocket, so its 1 device that works as it should without having to pair with anything else. I've tried to use it for a few days and it is inconsistent... the blooper reel alone from the videos I've filmed is longer than the videos... I have to start/stop the record on my phone (not Osmo), the zoom doesn't work, the tracking is inconsistent and sometimes just  stops during filming, the features (tracking, trigger control) work most of the time, then stop for now reason. Its just more frustration than it is a benefit
2020-7-9
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

AmyMichele Posted at 7-9 01:49
no error messages, it is updated, I don't have another mobile device laying around  
I think I just need to send it back and upgrade to the pocket, so its 1 device that works as it should without having to pair with anything else. I've tried to use it for a few days and it is inconsistent... the blooper reel alone from the videos I've filmed is longer than the videos... I have to start/stop the record on my phone (not Osmo), the zoom doesn't work, the tracking is inconsistent and sometimes just  stops during filming, the features (tracking, trigger control) work most of the time, then stop for now reason. Its just more frustration than it is a benefit

I am sorry to know that the issue still persisting after completing multiple trouble shooting steps. With regards to this concern. It is best for you to contact our DJI support team to further diagnose the cause of the issue. If it is more convenient, you can contact the store where you have purchased the said gimbal for further assistance. Again, I am sorry for the trouble. Thank you for your understanding and patience.
2020-7-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules