RC connected to drone but not IPhone
2013 8 2020-7-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_imaueOfvBEXV
lvl.1
United States

Hi, I recently received my Mavic mini. The first issue is that it takes for ever for my rc to find my drone on the app. And Somtimes when it does. It connects to the phone and then disconnects very quickly. Other times I can fly the drone for 10 minutes and have a video feed the whole time with gps. It just seems to keep disconnecting from my phone. Because I can still fly the drone very easily, it just has no video feed with my phone and gives me the two prompts "aircraft not connected" or "aircraft not connected to mobile" all soft ware is up to date. I have visually inspected all the parts. Satellites when the phone do connect work perfect and the connection is strong. Their is never a "weak signal" warning, it just immediately disconnects. Somtimes when I try to connect the phone to the controller unplugging the cord from the phone and back into the phone seem to get the drone to connect. Witch makes me think it's the cord. I just need some help sorting this out. Thank you

(I can still fly the drone when the message in the picture pops up)
30F46216-20E2-44D8-B785-610BE8359FB1.png
2020-7-4
Use props
djiuser_imaueOfvBEXV
lvl.1
United States

I can get to the camera page every time I fly but it's just so dang hard to connect and get it there. And even harder to make it stay!
FC6E2DE2-DDE4-4BFC-9FD8-D372CB6E2243.jpeg
2020-7-4
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

As you have discovered, you don't have to connect to the phone to fly the drone...but it does make it far easier and safer. Is your phone on the DJI approved compatibility list?

I would just try replacing the cable. They are relatively cheap.

2020-7-4
Use props
djiuser_imaueOfvBEXV
lvl.1
United States

GaryDoug Posted at 7-4 20:29
As you have discovered, you don't have to connect to the phone to fly the drone...but it does make it far easier and safer. Is your phone on the DJI approved compatibility list?

I would just try replacing the cable. They are relatively cheap.

Yes, it is a iPhone X. I have ordered new cables. The problem for me is that just yesterday I had two flight with no issues at all and no connectivity issue. Man I hope it was just an error on my part earlier. Thank you for your help
2020-7-5
Use props
Dakster
lvl.4
Flight distance : 378196 ft
United Kingdom

djiuser_imaueOfvBEXV Posted at 7-5 05:16
Yes, it is a iPhone X. I have ordered new cables. The problem for me is that just yesterday I had two flight with no issues at all and no connectivity issue. Man I hope it was just an error on my part earlier. Thank you for your help

Is your phone in a case when used in the RC? I have an iPhone XS and when used while it’s in its case, stops the cable being fully inserting into the phone causing the same problem. No case, or careful how I plug the lead into the phone = no problems
2020-7-5
Use props
djiuser_imaueOfvBEXV
lvl.1
United States

Dakster Posted at 7-5 06:32
Is your phone in a case when used in the RC? I have an iPhone XS and when used while it’s in its case, stops the cable being fully inserting into the phone causing the same problem. No case, or careful how I plug the lead into the phone = no problems

I take my otter box off. I'll try and see if putting the connector in any differently helps and I'll check the ports and cables to make sure they're clean
2020-7-5
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry for trouble this has caused. With regards to this concern. Kindly please try to refresh the firmware of your DJI Mavic Mini  using the DJI Assistant 2 and please try to uninstall and reinstall the DJI Fly application on the phone. Please note to back you DJI Fly data before uninstalling the said application. In additional, kindly please check this official DJI tutorial video on the best practices when flying the drone. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.

2020-7-7
Use props
LOADiNG//
lvl.2
Flight distance : 12513 ft
United States

This exact same thing happened to me today when trying to fly my friends Mavic Mini with my iPhone X, the drone would take forever to connect then when it did it would lose connection within 5 seconds of the gimbal feed showing on screen. Sometimes it wouldn't lose connection and I was able to takeoff with video feed, but then it would always lose connection after about 5 minutes from of flying. I could still fly the drone obviously but had no video feed and I could not change flight modes or anything like that since it wasn't connected. I had my iPhone X case off and the cable was brand new and in the phone properly.
To get the aircraft to connect I would have to turn the drone off, the controller off and close the app, then restart everything but the exact same thing would happen. My friend flies the drone using iPhone 11 and while he does have connection issues his are not that bad, but to be honest you shouldn't have basic connection issues for a drone that is supposedly a "final product". My Mavic Air 2 is two days away from being at my door and if I have the same problems I will probably return it, I cant justify $800 for a drone that has buggy software to that extent....I literally had to stop flying because it was just too annoying and would never work. I could understand an Iphone 6 or something much older, but and Iphone X is not that old.
2020-7-11
Use props
LOADiNG//
lvl.2
Flight distance : 12513 ft
United States

So I went back and looked it was disconnecting every 2 minutes not 5. This was if you could get it to connect at all.
29750DE4-4661-45BF-BC8C-28CD5CCBC389.png
2020-7-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules