Image Quallity...still struggling
456 4 2020-7-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dragonfly87
lvl.2
Germany

Hey guys!

My first post on this forum and I'm pretty new to drone flying and making videos. While experimenting with the video features and learning new things every day besides of the pure flight skills needed for the MA2,  I'm still struggling with the image quality.
I am a passionate photographer so I'm pretty used to Iso, shutter, etc. and on the one hand the low light noise is horrible I think...away from ISO 100 every other senso sensitivity comes with pretty much noise. But on the other hand, you can create some really cool results in post-production.

Wht about you? What are your experiences with post? what works best for you? any dont's relating to image quality while shootin up in the air?

By the way, what do you think about my recent pic?

HDR Pano

HDR Pano

(Sorry for the bad quality, can only upload Files with about 1mb...what the heck? )

Greetings, Dragonfly
2020-7-4
Use props
M4cr0s
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1404308 ft
Norway

I'm with you bro.

Been spoiled shooting a host of larger sensor cameras (Nikon and Fujifilm) for the past 12 years and now shooting with what is essentially a fixed aperture "compact" is a challenge ;) There are limitations in dynamic range and one can't really push ISO above 400, ideally no more than 200. This is never going to be a low-light king ;)

I haven't looked much into shooting bracketed shots yet since the exposure steps between the bracketed shots is fairly limited.

What gives me the best results so far is using the wide and 180 degree pano modes, save as RAW, throw the .dngs into ACR/Lightroom, do basic adjustments, export to .tiff. Then open them in Microsoft ICE let it stich them and choose the projection that works best for the scene. Export to .psd or .tiff and do final adjustments in Photoshop. This produces massive files, in some cases 180 degree panos will be 14-15 000 pixels wide. Whatever gruff is in the files when you really look up close isn't going to be an issue even if you crop to say 16:9 for screen. They should look great in superwide prints as well.

So, personally I'll be focusing on utilizing the pano modes to get high resolution files. Its a bit difficult to predict quite how composition will look before shooting, but at least there is cropping room and you can get awesome perspectives that really stands out from good old groundbased photograpy.
2020-7-4
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Welcome to DJI Forum. Thank you for sharing this beautiful picture you have captured. With regards to post processing. I hope that our valued DJI co pilots can provide your the best information for these queries. Thank you.
2020-7-6
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12477300 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi dragonfly,

Bad quality....well not for the picture as a picture   great capture!

cheers
JJB
2020-7-7
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

2MB is the limit (for normal pictures that is ok).
I like you image though!
2020-7-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules