DJI turned off all AirSense receivers outside US!!!
8105 94 2020-7-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
WebParrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

CemAygun Posted at 12-9 17:42
Ah, I did not know they also had ADS-B...

Any aircraft can add the 'transmitter'.  Many of the quality ultra's have them included as spec, and in some areas they are required, dependent on where they are flying... ( e.g., lots of air traffic )

I'm NOT an ultra lite pilot.  I'm only parroting what I learned from a true pilot from a nearby ultralight club strip [ not strip club... air strip club :-). ]
2020-12-9
Use props
PAYBACK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 683885 ft
South Africa

I have EU model 3W with ADS-B sensor built in. Used 3utools to unlock the function.
2020-12-9
Use props
MySky
Second Officer
Flight distance : 364902 ft
Germany

PAYBACK Posted at 12-9 22:19
I have EU model 3W with ADS-B sensor built in. Used 3utools to unlock the function.

Can you please give more details ?
2020-12-9
Use props
tataq87
lvl.1
Flight distance : 149423 ft
Indonesia

djiuser_yv12od2fuT1W Posted at 10-7 05:26
this is the reply i received from dji, its installed, not activated!

are you sure about this?
2020-12-10
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

8JlJDKadkPox Posted at 7-11 09:51
Check this:
https://patents.google.com/patent/US7414567B2/en

Not relevant. Patent holding does not imply cannot be used outside the country holding the Patent.

The Australian CSIRO own the patent for WiFi. As an example.

In Australia, All aircraft require ADS-B equipment installed and operating to fly IFR.

It sucks that DJI do not support ADS-B here in Oz.
2020-12-10
Use props
JohnLietzke
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3125968 ft
United States

bjr981s Posted at 12-10 00:43
Not relevant. Patent holding does not imply cannot be used outside the country holding the Patent.

The Australian CSIRO own the patent for WiFi. As an example.

I was unaware that Australia was also aggrievedly implementing ADS-B on all manned aircraft.  As the Mavic Air 2 only has an ADS-B In receiver and would not be emitting an additional signal requiring certification it seems counter intuitive to not have the feature available given the technology is mandated in aircraft.

I hope there is some logic for not enabling a safety feature or some other testing, regulation and/or diagnostic justification.
2020-12-10
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

JohnLietzke Posted at 12-10 12:58
I was unaware that Australia was also aggrievedly implementing ADS-B on all manned aircraft.  As the Mavic Air 2 only has an ADS-B In receiver and would not be emitting an additional signal requiring certification it seems counter intuitive to not have the feature available given the technology is mandated in aircraft.

I hope there is some logic for not enabling a safety feature or some other testing, regulation and/or diagnostic justification.

"I was unaware that Australia was also aggrievedly implementing ADS-B on all manned aircraft.  "

Not all aircraft, only those flying IFR. And, as far as I am aware, they will be using the same system as in the US.
2020-12-10
Use props
JohnLietzke
Second Officer
United States

Geebax Posted at 12-10 13:52
"I was unaware that Australia was also aggrievedly implementing ADS-B on all manned aircraft.  "

Not all aircraft, only those flying IFR. And, as far as I am aware, they will be using the same system as in the US.

Australia is leaps and bounds ahead of Europe with the IFR policy mandate.
2020-12-10
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Flight distance : 810 ft
Philippines

WebParrot Posted at 12-9 21:12
Any aircraft can add the 'transmitter'.  Many of the quality ultra's have them included as spec, and in some areas they are required, dependent on where they are flying... ( e.g., lots of air traffic )

I'm NOT an ultra lite pilot.  I'm only parroting what I learned from a true pilot from a nearby ultralight club strip [ not strip club... air strip club :-). ]

"ultralight club strip [ not strip club... air strip club :-). ]" Hahahahahaha Good one
2020-12-11
Use props
PAYBACK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 683885 ft
South Africa

MySky Posted at 12-9 23:42
Can you please give more details ?

Using IOS so there is no Fake GPS app out there so you need to use 3Utools virtual location function. See YouTube video below. Was curious more than anything but by unlocking FCC mode via 3utools you unlock the ADS-B option in DJI Fly app. I didn’t have time to test not many planes in my area but functionally is there.

2020-12-12
Use props
MySky
Second Officer
Flight distance : 364902 ft
Germany

PAYBACK Posted at 12-12 00:00
Using IOS so there is no Fake GPS app out there so you need to use 3Utools virtual location function. See YouTube video below. Was curious more than anything but by unlocking FCC mode via 3utools you unlock the ADS-B option in DJI Fly app. I didn’t have time to test not many planes in my area but functionally is there.

https://youtu.be/CKRu6JOhPcw

Interesting procedure. Fingers crossed, that it will work for you and waiting for your results.
But i think, the order the devices need to be turned on / off might be a little risky.

Cheating the GPS signal on Android devices to change the WIFI TX power from CE to FCC didn't have any effect on ADS-B and if i am not wrong, DJI has suppressed this possibility with one of the last Fly app or FW updates.
2020-12-12
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

CemAygun Posted at 12-11 21:29
"ultralight club strip [ not strip club... air strip club :-). ]" Hahahahahaha  Good one

{ and FWIW, either one has both plusses and minus's as well as ups and downs }    --->    ;-)
2020-12-12
Use props
virtual
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4897142 ft
Czechia

MySky Posted at 12-12 00:38
Interesting procedure. Fingers crossed, that it will work for you and waiting for your results.
But i think, the order the devices need to be turned on / off might be a little risky.

Well, better option would be to turn-on ADS-B for all user worldwide (despite the fact that many airplanes in Europe are not equipped with ADS-B out).
2020-12-13
Use props
JohnLietzke
Second Officer
United States

virtual Posted at 12-13 02:41
Well, better option would be to turn-on ADS-B for all user worldwide (despite the fact that many airplanes in Europe are not equipped with ADS-B out).

I agree, we need a global standard and rapid implementation plan of the ADS-B system.  There are so many regulatory bodies both aviation and frequency around the world that have to approve usage that the process of getting an established safety feature implemented is a long road.  Some jurisdictions regulate the usage of 1090MHz and 978 MHz use application.  Therefore, certain hardware, like in the case of the Mavic Air 2 ADS-B receiver, cannot be included and if it is from a region which includes it must be disabled.

Here is some information about ADS-B https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Automatic_Dependent_Surveillance–Broadcast#Implementations_by_country

Manned aircraft to aircraft collisions are what ADS-B is designed to help prevent.  Drones while a less probable cause of a manned aircraft crash still are a potential risk.   
2020-12-13
Use props
djiuser_hP3IfBZpTIKD
lvl.1

United Kingdom

djiuser_qlxRNQhNfWyw Posted at 2020-7-5 13:59
I would also be interested in getting an answer to this question. I bought the US version equipped with ADS-B and have been using the drone in the EU region.

However till now I have not received any airsense cautions or warnings even though a helicopter was flying in the general area where I was flying during one of my last flights.

You ll only receive if you are in the US . Any place else from the states the air sense will not be activated even if you bought your drone from the states but the air sense will not work out of the states.
2021-1-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules