Battery/Warranty
1184 5 2020-7-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mr. Motta
lvl.4
Flight distance : 221906 ft
United States

Would this void the battery warranty?  Just curious..

2020-7-4
Use props
Rustic17
First Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

How would DJI ever know what charger you used???
2020-7-4
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Maybe it's an intelligent charger...?   
2020-7-5
Use props
Mr. Motta
lvl.4
Flight distance : 221906 ft
United States

Rustic17 Posted at 7-4 22:07
How would DJI ever know what charger you used???

You tell me.
2020-7-5
Use props
Rustic17
First Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

Your question in the post is would using this charger affect the battery warranty.  My thoughts are that there's no way for DJI to know if you used this charger or not unless you tell them.  My opinion only but I don't think there's some magic feature of the battery that tells it a non-DJI charger was used to charge it.  You must have some concerns over this since you made the post.  I'd like to know your thoughts on why there might be a warranty issue, if any.  One other thought is there are so many safeguards in the Intelligent battery, I would think it would protect itself if connected to a faulty charger.  That's the way it's designed.  My original post was trying to allay your concerns but I guess it didn't.
2020-7-5
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank you for sharing this video and for this information. Just a reminder that DJI does not recommend for you to use third party chargers when charging the DJI intelligent flight battery of your drone. Third party charges may work however since its not yet tested by DJI. We cannot guarantee if it will work all the time and if it will not cause any issue on the said batteries. In addition, I hope that you will the best information from our fellow co pilots with regards to this matter. Thank you and safe flying.
2020-7-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules