Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
The Mavic Mini does not work out of the box.
1255 9 2020-7-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
N.O.A
lvl.1
Canada

Why don't the Go apps work with mavic mini If those apps can handle an inspire and Why doesn't the DJI Fly App work with most common phones?
I paid over $700, spent 2 hours charging it and kept my son up to midnight staring at blinking lights and videos until we found out (not from DJI) that we have to activate it with a compatible phone through the DJI FLY app before it can be used without a phone.
The remote and drone connect beacuse I can control the gimbal. Why do I have to buy a used phone to start the propellers for the first time...
DJI should have to tell customers they are required to "activate" the Mavic Mini with a compatible phone before first use or ship them out activated because I can't even fly it with a GoPro and for over-priced old radio tech it should fly out of the box.

2020-7-4
Use props
Fat Panda
lvl.3
Flight distance : 31050 ft
Hong Kong

It's common sense, all DJI drones need to be activated before flying.
2020-7-5
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi N.O.A, we are sorry to hear about the difficulties that you encountered. The Mavic Mini need to be activated via the DJI FLY APP before the first flight. Could you let me know the model and OS of your mobile device, please?
At the same time, you are recommended to refer to the DJI Fly app product page for information regarding compatibility with specific devices: https://www.dji.com/dji-fly#download
2020-7-5
Use props
N.O.A
lvl.1
Canada

2020-7-5
Use props
N.O.A
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Natalia Posted at 7-5 03:11
Hi N.O.A, we are sorry to hear about the difficulties that you encountered. The Mavic Mini need to be activated via the DJI FLY APP before the first flight. Could you let me know the model and OS of your mobile device, please?
At the same time, you are recommended to refer to the DJI Fly app product page for information regarding compatibility with specific devices: https://www.dji.com/dji-fly#download
[view_image]
You avoided answering any of my questions and were not helpful at all.
Why isn't the DJI FLY app compatible with the same devices as the GO apps and why can't I use the mini with the GO apps?
2020-7-5
Use props
N.O.A
lvl.1
Canada

You guys have to tell people that the Mini requires you to download an app to activate it before it works at all before taking peoples money.
2020-7-5
Use props
N.O.A
lvl.1
Canada

Fat Panda Posted at 7-5 02:51
It's common sense, all DJI drones need to be activated before flying.
Why can I fly all inspires with the GO apps but not a mavic mini? I'll guess it's a common sense thing right?
2020-7-5
Use props
N.O.A
lvl.1
Canada

Someone helped me activate the drone. I also found out that the "DJI assistant 2 for mavick" might have activated on my desktop. DJI recommended I download the "DJI ASSISTANT 2" which only works with inspire models.
2020-7-5
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

N.O.A Posted at 7-5 13:30
Someone helped me activate the drone. I also found out that the "DJI assistant 2 for mavick" might have activated on my desktop. DJI recommended I download the "DJI ASSISTANT 2" which only works with inspire models.

Sorry for all the inconvenience caused. The Mavic Mini does not work with the DJI GO/ DJI GO4 APP, it was designed for DJI FLY APP, I will forward your request and feedback to our engineers' team. Yes, it is the "DJI Assistant 2 For Mavic", you may download it from this link: https://www.dji.com/mavic-mini/downloads. As for the compatibility issue between your mobile device and the DJI FLY APP, you are recommended to let us know the model and OS of your mobile device, we'd like to help you check it, thanks.
2020-7-6
Use props
N.O.A
lvl.1
Canada

The app should work with most common devices for the cost of your products; Anyways, before you publish your app Android (Goolge) tells you that you made an app incompatible with most devices and you have to acknowledge that before you can publish to google play so your engineers knew it would not work for most people. Also, shouldn't you guys have already updated the mavic mini download section to include the proper software since I brought it to your attention? You guys have horrible customer service and the Mavic mini isn't advertised accordingly. I'm very unhappy with this drone its range is not accurate and 2 out of the three batteries fail mid flight because they can shake and they lose contact briefly causing the drone to stall then land immediately. I can't recommend the mini to anyone, they slap the batteries together with one eye shut apparently.
2020-7-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules