1747 7 2020-7-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mikes1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1740699 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just purchased the new Ipad 11 Gen 2 and was hoping to use all of its capabilities. Charging the Ipad while connected to the DJI radio would not be the ultimate goal BUT would be a nice option. I would like to connect a hub to the Ipad and connect the transmitter to the hub. Basically using the hub as a pass-through. Then connect an external battery to the HUB so the Ipad can charge IF I need that option. I would also use the HDMI on the HUB to connect the Ipad directly to a TV being used as an external monitor. Because of the use of the HDMI cable, I think that external charging would help battery life on the Ipad. The HUB's I've tried do get a little warm so I know it is consuming battery power from the Ipad. I can wirelessly mirror the Ipad now but sometimes it's a little laggy and it requires an internet connection on the Ipad and TV. The HDMI picture running straight to the TV from the Ipad 11 Pro is incredible using a fiber optic cable and there is ZERO lag. This video option is much better than mirroring OR using the mini HDMI connected to the Inspire 2 or M600 transmitter. I have purchased three hubs that allow charging and highspeed date thru the port that seemed to have all the requirements but nothing is working. I have tried connecting the radio to one of the USB 3.0 ports using an adaptor hoping the DJI radio would see it as a data port but NONE of the DJI apps or 3rd party apps recognize the radio. NOW we just need to figure out what type or brand of HUB that will work "if any". Has anyone tried this? Have you had any luck? If so can you share?
2020-7-5
Use props
KDP +
Second Officer
Flight distance : 947930 ft
Belgium

It sounds like you want a complete and complex setup.... I just take my Mavic Pro and my smart controller, and 10 seconds later  I'm in the air...  If I want a bigger screen, I just connect it to the HDMI of the smart controller... but in general, you like to stay mobile so no additional screen necessary...

Don't understand me wrong, it is not negative what you do.  But in my opinion, droning is based on stability and security, and each additional component which is involved or is inserted, can give you troubles...
Maybe if it works after a lot of testing, and one component or app gets a firmware update, you can start your research over again...
2020-7-5
Use props
mikes1
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

KDP + Posted at 7-5 10:09
It sounds like you want a complete and complex setup.... I just take my Mavic Pro and my smart controller, and 10 seconds later  I'm in the air...  If I want a bigger screen, I just connect it to the HDMI of the smart controller... but in general, you like to stay mobile so no additional screen necessary...

Don't understand me wrong, it is not negative what you do.  But in my opinion, droning is based on stability and security, and each additional component which is involved or is inserted, can give you troubles...

Thanks. In general, you make good points. I don't have or want a smart controller. I need something that can be used across several platforms. Also, I do a lot of commercial work for long periods of time that would greatly benefit from the setup as I have described. I have also done a lot of work with first responders in my area and the setup I'm exploring would help during those missions especially being able to get a 4K picture on a large monitor. As new software and hardware come online there are always new opportunities they offer. I believe this is one of those cases. This setup would not be for everyone and it is certainly not mobile but I'm not looking for mobile. Maybe the question that I'm asking will spark interest or maybe there is someone else wanting to do the same thing. Thanks again.
2020-7-5
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I sure you have, but have you unplugged the side cable from the controller,  this disables the other full sized USB port even if nothing is connected.
2020-7-5
Use props
mikes1
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 7-5 23:43
I sure you have, but have you unplugged the side cable from the controller,  this disables the other full sized USB port even if nothing is connected.

Yes, there is nothing plugged into the charging port. I have tried this on 4 different drone platforms with the same results. I have used multiple cables from the cheapest to the most recent ones that support USB C thunderbolt connections with 100mb and 10 gig data rates. Apparently DJI is not supporting this right now but that doesn't mean it can't be done with present-day hardware OR future software updates from DJI and IOS. I have several other types of hubs coming today and we will continue to test. Thanks for your input.
2020-7-6
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum. With regards to this matter. I hope that our valued DJI co pilots can provide you the best recommendation for this query. I am sorry, as per checking the iPad Pro 11 is not listed on the recommended mobile device list as of the moment. The said mobile device may work but we cannot guarantee the stability and compatibility of the said mobile device during flight. Rest assured that our DJI R&D team are continuously testing multiple mobile device to be add on the said list in the future. Thank you.
2020-7-8
Use props
mikes1
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 7-8 20:35
Hi. Thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum. With regards to this matter. I hope that our valued DJI co pilots can provide you the best recommendation for this query. I am sorry, as per checking the iPad Pro 11 is not listed on the recommended mobile device list as of the moment. The said mobile device may work but we cannot guarantee the stability and compatibility of the said mobile device during flight. Rest assured that our DJI R&D team are continuously testing multiple mobile device to be add on the said list in the future. Thank you.

Thanks for your reply. I did check the recommended devices and it said the Ipad Pro should work although there are several different flavors of the Pro and I didn't see any specific model discussed. I have been flying the Inspire 1 Pro, M600, Mavic Pro, and Mavic Pro 2 using this model of the Ipad with no issues so the Ipad isn't the issue. Note: I have also tried this with an Android tablet and I have the same issues. What I have been wanting to do, if possible, would give almost everyone no matter what UAV they are using the ability to connect directly to an HDMI monitor using a HUB. The lastest IPads can send a 4K 60-hertz signal with zero lag. Absolutely the best picture I have ever seen. Way better than connecting the Inspire or the M600 to the tv using the mini HDMI. I have used the mirroring feature on the Ipad and Android tablets and they do work well but it's a little laggy and requires both devices to be on the same network. I have tried 7 different HUBs and have only found one that will allow the Ipad to be charged or that will allow data to run thru the USB C port on the HUB. When I connect the radio (any DJI radio) to the USB C port on the HUB I do get a audible "ding" as if the radio is trying to connect but it never does. It is the same normal audibal "ding" you hear everytime the app, radio, and UAV connects. But then the Ipad will continue to "ding" about every 5 seconds until I unplug the cable. It's just not getting the "handshake" it needs I guess? I have tried multiple cables including the cables that DJI and Apple provided but haven't had any success. I know that some people might suggest I just buy the smart controller or the Crystalsky monitor but that is money I don't want to spend. I NEED something that will work across several UAV platforms. I would hope that DJI could look into this request and see if there is something in the firmware they could tweak to allow this to work or at least find out if this is a hardware issue or something that Apple could be asked to fix. I'm including the link to the HUB I'm testing now. Thanks for your help.
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/hyp ... 191.p?skuId=6377191
2020-7-9
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

mikes1 Posted at 7-9 09:11
Thanks for your reply. I did check the recommended devices and it said the Ipad Pro should work although there are several different flavors of the Pro and I didn't see any specific model discussed. I have been flying the Inspire 1 Pro, M600, Mavic Pro, and Mavic Pro 2 using this model of the Ipad with no issues so the Ipad isn't the issue. Note: I have also tried this with an Android tablet and I have the same issues. What I have been wanting to do, if possible, would give almost everyone no matter what UAV they are using the ability to connect directly to an HDMI monitor using a HUB. The lastest IPads can send a 4K 60-hertz signal with zero lag. Absolutely the best picture I have ever seen. Way better than connecting the Inspire or the M600 to the tv using the mini HDMI. I have used the mirroring feature on the Ipad and Android tablets and they do work well but it's a little laggy and requires both devices to be on the same network. I have tried 7 different HUBs and have only found one that will allow the Ipad to be charged or that will allow data to run thru the USB C port on the HUB. When I connect the radio (any DJI radio) to the USB C port on the HUB I do get a audible "ding" as if the radio is trying to connect but it never does. It is the same normal audibal "ding" you hear everytime the app, radio, and UAV connects. But then the Ipad will continue to "ding" about every 5 seconds until I unplug the cable. It's just not getting the "handshake" it needs I guess? I have tried multiple cables including the cables that DJI and Apple provided but haven't had any success. I know that some people might suggest I just buy the smart controller or the Crystalsky monitor but that is money I don't want to spend. I NEED something that will work across several UAV platforms. I would hope that DJI could look into this request and see if there is something in the firmware they could tweak to allow this to work or at least find out if this is a hardware issue or something that Apple could be asked to fix. I'm including the link to the HUB I'm testing now. Thanks for your help.
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/hyp ... 191.p?skuId=6377191

Thank you for the additional information and I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. I will forward this concern and thread to our designated DJI support team for further attention. Thank you.
2020-7-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules