propellers stopped mid air. dropped out of the sky and went diving
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tazztone
lvl.3
Flight distance : 10 ft
Switzerland

can anyone tell me wth happened here?see the log here: https://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/9HVW5A3I4TOM40N8PQC0

we let the drone indicate the gimbal and find all the sattelites before launching it from the boat. a few seconds in the air the drone just shut off, dropped on my head and the boat before going diving in the lake. i jumped after it diving and got it out. the battery was still lighting up green at 4/4 indicators when we powered it off and removed it.
currently the drone is in the oven dehydrating at 40°C.
2020-7-5
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Data just stops.  Notice any burn marks at the battery connections ?
2020-7-5
Use props
tazztone
lvl.3
Switzerland

ALABAMA Posted at 7-5 15:35
Data just stops.  Notice any burn marks at the battery connections ?
indeed there are.

i can remeber the battery didn't get wet yet. the whole compartment was still dry when i removed the battery. somehow the water didn't enter in there yet.
20200706_065509-01-picsay.jpeg
20200706_065355-01-picsay.jpeg
2020-7-5
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

I would start a claim with DJI.  
2020-7-6
Use props
tazztone
lvl.3
Switzerland

ALABAMA Posted at 7-6 14:03
I would start a claim with DJI.

i am out of warranty period though
2020-7-6
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there tazztone. I am sorry to read and to know know what happened to your DJI Phantom 4 and for the trouble this has caused. Since this unfortunate event happened I would recommend you to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance.  We have a professional team that will do there best to check what happened to the said drone and will give out the best resolution for this issue. For additional information, the repair fee would depend on the outcome of the assessment and the warranty of our DJI Product. Again, I am sorry for the trouble and please stay safe always.
2020-7-6
Use props
tazztone
lvl.3
Switzerland

DJI Stephen Posted at 2020-7-6 20:46
Hello there tazztone. I am sorry to read and to know know what happened to your DJI Phantom 4 and for the trouble this has caused. Since this unfortunate event happened I would recommend you to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance.  We have a professional team that will do there best to check what happened to the said drone and will give out the best resolution for this issue. For additional information, the repair fee would depend on the outcome of the assessment and the warranty of our DJI Product. Again, I am sorry for the trouble and please stay safe always.

happy end:
turned out i still was in warranty period (DJI support could check that using the serial number).
so DJI sent me a new drone which i immediately sold
2021-6-22
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

tazztone Posted at 6-22 01:08
happy end:
turned out i still was in warranty period (DJI support could check that using the serial number).
so DJI sent me a new drone which i immediately sold

Hi there tazztone. Thank you for the reply and for giving us this update. Again, thank you for your support and have a nice day. .
2021-6-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules