Compass calibration every time
838 2 2020-7-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
-SkyNinja-
lvl.1
Flight distance : 104833 ft
United States

My Mavic 2 Zoom asks for a compass calibration every time I fly it. It doesn't matter if I am at home, in a field in the country or at the beach, it informs me compass calibration required. Even when at the location, I change battery and again it wants the compass calibrated. Has something changed through a firmware update?  Is it because it is not retaining information via an internal battery or super capacitor?
I don't remember it being this way when I bought it and flew from my back yard, it was just power up and go.

Stephen
2020-7-5
Use props
-SkyNinja-
lvl.1
Flight distance : 104833 ft
United States

It seems when I connect my Samsung S7 it does not ask to calibrate compass however Ipad Mini 5 does. The Ipad is Wifi only but this is drone calibration so I do not know what is happening. I will backup the files from the Ipad, remove and reinstall the app. The only reason for the backup would be to preserve my flight data.
2020-7-6
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Stephen. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we know if your DJI Mavic 2 Zoom had a hard landing or a crash before this issue happened? You can try to download the DJI Assistant 2 ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/softwares/assistant-dji-2-for-mavic ) to your computer and restore factory defaults then refresh the firmware of your DJI Mavic 2 Zoom and reboot the unit and re-calibrate the IMU and compass. Please try changing the location to see if the message will still persist. Thank you.
2020-7-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules