Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Apple Silicon Chips
1083 2 2020-7-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hurstja
lvl.4
Flight distance : 43602 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Apple at WWDC 2020 announced plans to transition away from Intel chips to Macs built with its own Apple Silicon chips starting in late 2020. Apple's custom chips are Arm-based and are similar to the A-series chips used in iPhones and iPads.

In fact, apps designed for the ‌iPhone‌ and the ‌iPad‌ will run on Apple Silicon natively when the first Mac with an Apple-designed chip is released, and those apps will be able to be downloaded from the Mac App Store.

Which means that the Go, Fly and DJI Apps-to-come will run on Apple macBooks and iMacs.

I am looking forward trying this on my 16" macbook and its bright screen.

Please give me your thoughts.

Jan
2020-7-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

2020-7-7
Use props
heliaetus
lvl.4
Greece

I'm no fan of Apple 'cause I'm an open source fan, but I think it's a good choice that increases competition and will have a positive impact on mac prices. I believe though for now there's quite large a performance gap between ARM & Intel procs, but clearly ARM procs have matured enough to stand up to Intel's  giants. I hope a see some ARM server procs as well.
Judging from iPadOS / iOS app incompatibility I guess that iMacOS will not be iOS app compatible as well, so don't keep your hopes too high for the DJI apps
2020-7-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules