Update from firmware 01.04.00.10 or not ?
569 7 2020-7-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
maxpol321
New
Italy

Hello, I have just bought a new Osmo Action camera.
I have seen that the firmware version is  01.04.00.10(6698) ,  which I suppose is the starting firmware for a brand new camera.
Should I allow the update of the firmware ?   I have read that new firmwares will cause some functionalities (rocksteady, for example) to work worse than before, so I don't know wether to update or not.
Not the camera is showing the lag (delay) in the screen , I know that new firmwares can avoid it but it is not a big deal for me.
Thank you
maxpol321

2020-7-6
Use props
lleo
lvl.1

Italy

Sorry if I post here but I'm new, I tried to open a thread but I had a mesage saying I couldn't post anything in new groups. Don't know what does it mean.
I have a question on Osmo Action and Mimo but I don't know where to post it. Any help appreciated.
Thank you

2020-7-6
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there maxpol321. Thank you for reaching out and for purchasing the DJI Osmo Action. Just a reminder that if there is a new update for the DJI Osmo Action and for the DJI Mimo application. DJI recommend to do the update. In addition, DJI often release firmware updates for DJI products to fix bugs, improve functions and add news features as well. Thank you and please stay safe always.
2020-7-6
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

lleo Posted at 7-6 08:45
Sorry if I post here but I'm new, I tried to open a thread but I had a mesage saying I couldn't post anything in new groups. Don't know what does it mean.
I have a question on Osmo Action and Mimo but I don't know where to post it. Any help appreciated.
Thank you

Hello there lleo. I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for reaching out. How may we help you with your DJI Osmo Action and with your DJI Mimo application? In addition I will be posting a DJI Forum link where in you can find ways on how to post here at DJI Forum. Thank you.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=205727
2020-7-7
Use props
lleo
lvl.1

Italy

Hi Stephen and thank you for your help.
I'm new to DJI, I only bought my Action since a couple weeks. However I noted that to use it via Mimo app, both bluetooth and wifi must be on. If I turn the wifi off, the Action gets disconnected from the Mimo app.
This is a major problem because when I'm outside, I don't always have a wifi available, so it's virtually impossible to use the Action together the app.
To solve this issue, the Action should work also only connected to the phone through the bluetooth.
I hope there's a solution, a hint or it'll be modified soon, since it's something it can't be used as it should.
2020-7-13
Use props
lleo
lvl.1

Italy

Sorry, of course with Action I mean the Osmo.
2020-7-13
Use props
Rahul K
lvl.2
Flight distance : 67884 ft
Canada

Hi lleo,

The Osmo action uses Bluetooth to discover the devices and initiate wifi connection but the video transmission & control is done over Wifi. This is because bluetooth doesn't have the bandwidth to transmit video even at a lower res. This is the same process for the Osmo Pocket and pretty much every drone.

If you have ever used the Camera view finder app on any smartwatch (Apple or Wear OS) you would know that bluetooth for video transmission isn't very good.
2020-7-13
Use props
lleo
lvl.1

Italy

Hi Rahul, thank you for the hint.
I would only need the app to put the camera straight when wearing it. I used it once with a chest strap; the problem is to put the camera straight horizontal. Mounting the camera in that way, the only way I have to check if it's perfectly horizontal, it's on the phone. If the camera moves during the walk, I cannot see it if the app is not working due the lack of wifi.
I can always edit the video if it's inclined, but this means that in the straightening proces it has to be resized, basically cut.
If so, I'll be forced to get a gimbal.
2020-7-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules