Propeller change - unsteady liftoff?
1543 8 2020-7-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FlyingPiper
lvl.1
United States

Hi all -   this is my first post. I am just purchassed the Mini and its made 'lock down' that much more bearable.

I was flying in the house and hit the wall, scuffing the propellers. So  - I changed them with what was included in the Fly More kit.  Doing the due dilignce I watched a couple of videos and all seemed starightforward. I replaced all four, did all the necessassary recalibrations.. and took off.

What I noticed is that the drone is no longer as steady as it was. From the factory it was rock solid, hovered without wavering. NOW, when it lifts off, it struggles to keep horizontal position. I was thinking it was wind -- but then again today it was doing the same with no wind to speak of.

I tried searching the forum and couldn't come up with anything.   Any ideas?
2020-7-6
Use props
Route77
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1499 ft
United Kingdom

Couple of suggestions.

1) Check you have installed props back properly and the right corresponding motor i.e props are paired diagonally A & B. Have you replaced them in pairs as you should not just replace just one side of the motor. Also make sure you have also changed the screw with a new one from spares.

2) Make sure you have enough GPS Satellites before you take off, it will say home point updated when you have enough. It should not drift with enough satellites.

3) Horizontal Drifting can be result of compass interference and disruption, do a compass calibration again, try to avoid doing it near any metal objects etc.
2020-7-6
Use props
FlyingPiper
lvl.1
United States

Route77 Posted at 7-6 07:42
Couple of suggestions.

1) Check you have installed props back properly and the right corresponding motor i.e props are paired diagonally A & B. Have you replaced them in pairs as you should not just replace just one side of the motor. Also make sure you have also changed the screw with a new one from spares.

Thanks for the suggestions.   

Yes -- the blades were installed based on the stripes found on the tips

Satellites are always greater then 14.

I recalibrated IMU and compass in a clear area (my backyard)
2020-7-6
Use props
Mashroomhut
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2760791 ft
Poland

Hi, Flying Piper!
If the blades are new and all recalibrations are done. I know it is always the last thing everyone wants to finde. Check the aircraft for some small cracks - first examine the legs.
I hope it is something else, but if one leg is no more stable, the AC may behave unstable too.
2020-7-6
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Try reinstalling the scuffed props. A little scuffing should not hurt much, most of mine are really banged up and still work fine.

Also, note that lighting will make a difference in the ability to stay in place when close to the ground, under 30 feet. As will the texture of the ground underneath. Are you testing in the same location and lighting as before?

2020-7-6
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there FlyingPiper. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with your DJI Mavic Mini after a crash and thank you for reaching out. After doing all the troubleshooting steps our fellow DJI co pilots gave and still the said drone is still struggling to keep horizontal position. I would recommended you to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. Just a friendly reminder that  DJI do not recommend doing a DIY in fixing the said DJI drone to avoid further damaging the said unit. We hope to hear from you soon and looking forward to resolve this issue as soon as possible. Thank you.
2020-7-6
Use props
FlyingPiper
lvl.1
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 7-6 22:51
Hello there FlyingPiper. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with your DJI Mavic Mini after a crash and thank you for reaching out. After doing all the troubleshooting steps our fellow DJI co pilots gave and still the said drone is still struggling to keep horizontal position. I would recommended you to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. Just a friendly reminder that  DJI do not recommend doing a DIY in fixing the said DJI drone to avoid further damaging the said unit. We hope to hear from you soon and looking forward to resolve this issue as soon as possible. Thank you.

Hello Stephen,

Thank you. I have no intention of DIY, except for the propellers and anything suggested by DJI.  I will head on over to support to give that a go.

Thanks!
Tom

2020-7-7
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

FlyingPiper Posted at 7-7 02:49
Hello Stephen,

Thank you. I have no intention of DIY, except for the propellers and anything suggested by DJI.  I will head on over to support to give that a go.

Hi there Tom. You are very much welcome and thank you for the given information. If you have any other concerns or inquiries with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and support you.
2020-7-8
Use props
Jonathan L
New

Australia

Hey Tom, I'm in the same situation as you were. Did you manage to solve the problem?
2021-7-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules