Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI spark fell in the sea
1004 8 2020-7-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansdf7eca8a
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1348 ft
Greece

Hello guys. My spark fell in the sea by mistake. When this happened, I contacted customer support via online chat and asked them about the repair cost. Especially, I asked them if the unit can be repaired (not replaced) or not - because if it couldn't be repaired I would buy a new one - and they told me that I had to send it to them for damage assessment. So, I opened a case and I sent it to the respective department in Germany. However, when they received the spark, they sent me an email asking € 347,00 for replacement as ”there is no value to repair”. I think this is not a very professional behavior on their part because someway they forced me to send my spark to them and now they say that they cannot fix it but I have to replace it.
Any ideas??
2020-7-6
Use props
fansdf7eca8a
lvl.1
Greece

DJI spark fell in the sea

Hello guys. My spark fell in the sea by mistake. When this happened, I contacted customer support via online chat and asked them about the repair cost. Especially, I asked them if the unit can be repaired (not replaced) or not - because if it couldn't be repaired I would buy a new one - and they told me that I had to send it to them for damage assessment. So, I opened a case and I sent it to the respective department in Germany. However, when they received the speak, they sent me an email asking € 347,00 for replacement as ”there is no value to repair”. I think this is not a very professional behavior on their part because someway they forced me to send my spark to them and now they say that they cannot fix it but I have to replace it.
Any ideas??
2020-7-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hello there, we are sorry to know the drone was water-damaged and the unpleasant experience with our support. According to DJI policy, if the drone is water-damaged, its performance could be severely affected, the aircraft will be beyond repair, for the safety concern, the replacement service will be provided instead of repair. Hope for your understanding regarding this.
For the support issue, we will forward to the management department to look into whether they gave the wrong information. We will keep you updated once we figure it out, please wait patiently, thank you.
2020-7-6
Use props
fansdf7eca8a
lvl.1
Greece

DJI Mindy Posted at 7-6 19:28
Hello there, we are sorry to know the drone was water-damaged and the unpleasant experience with our support. According to DJI policy, if the drone is water-damaged, its performance could be severely affected, the aircraft will be beyond repair, for the safety concern, the replacement service will be provided instead of repair. Hope for your understanding regarding this.
For the support issue, we will forward to the management department to look into whether they gave the wrong information. We will keep you updated once we figure it out, please wait patiently, thank you.

Hey, thanks for your response.
I fully understand the dji policy. What I can’t understand is why they didn’t tell me from the beginning that the drone will be replaced, so I could avoid paying the shipping costs.
On the other hand, as I can see from another post in this forum (and here is the link: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=160107&extra=&page=1) another guy with the same accident, about 2 years ago, got a 25% discount instead of 15% that I got.
5262F527-2043-4C93-ABBC-F26F08DA1942.jpeg
2020-7-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fansdf7eca8a Posted at 7-6 20:28
Hey, thanks for your response.
I fully understand the dji policy. What I can’t understand is why they didn’t tell me from the beginning that the drone will be replaced, so I could avoid paying the shipping costs.
On the other hand, as I can see from another post in this forum (and here is the link: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=160107&extra=&page=1) another guy with the same accident, about 2 years ago, got a 25% discount instead of 15% that I got.

We've checked the chat record and apologize that our support didn't make it clear during the communication. I've transferred your concerns to the appropriate team for attention, please note the email update, thank you.
2020-7-7
Use props
fansdf7eca8a
lvl.1
Greece

DJI Mindy Posted at 7-7 01:43
We've checked the chat record and apologize that our support didn't make it clear during the communication. I've transferred your concerns to the appropriate team for attention, please note the email update, thank you.

Thanks for your support. Any update for the discount? Please check out my previous post about another customer getting more discount.
2020-7-7
Use props
fansdf7eca8a
lvl.1
Greece

Just received a mail offering 25% discount. Thanks a lot for your assistance!!
2020-7-7
Use props
fansdf7eca8a
lvl.1
Greece

2020-7-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fansdf7eca8a Posted at 7-7 03:27

Good to know and you are welcome, please keep us updated if you need any further assistance, we are always here to help.
2020-7-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules