Mavic Air 2 Crash NOT Covered under Warranty?
2082 5 2020-7-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gbruyngmail.com
lvl.1
Flight distance : 43947 ft
United States

Not sure how much more clear the data could be. Here's the information:

Case #: CAS-4489284-V0L5J4
Weather: Perfect Conditions with NO WIND
Incident: Drone was hovering over water about 5-8 ft. I was flying forward and to the right taking video. Drone then gave msg that GSP Signal lost and to fly with caution. It then ON ITS OWN - went FULL SPEED SIDEWAYS to the LEFT for about 75-100 ft into trees. Video footage of crash here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/hbn7rgv81s1143q/DJI_0027.MP4?dl=0
Reviewing DJI app and flight records, shows absolutly NO LEFT SIDEWAYS input from the controller at ANYTIME. The only input I did went drone went out of control was forward and RIGHT TURN (rotation).
Case Status: I just recived invoce for $69 for replacement drone (thru DJI refresh program). How can this not be covered CLEARLY as a drone issue/fault?!?! I spoke with someone at DJI just a moment ago who reviewed notes and said drone was launch from moving object. Not sure how/why they come up with that idea but it was launched from a STATIONARY WOODEN DECK. Even if the GPS signal was lost, there should NEVER be a reason why the drone would go FULL SPEED sideways without ANY input. I previously use to fly my Phantom 3 in attitude mode and it just floated around a bit during hover. Never anything like this.

DJI --- PLEASE re-REVIEW my flight data as well as the crash video and explain to me how/why I was at fault with this incident.

2020-7-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, we are so sorry for the crash accident and the warranty service was not provided in your case, your concerns have been escalated to the related team to double review, we will have someone to contact you soon, please wait patiently, thanks.
2020-7-6
Use props
gbruyngmail.com
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 7-6 18:49
Hi there, we are so sorry for the crash accident and the warranty service was not provided in your case, your concerns have been escalated to the related team to double review, we will have someone to contact you soon, please wait patiently, thanks.

Thanks for the quick reply. I really hope someone calls tomorrow. I'm into week 3 without my brand new $1000 drone.
2020-7-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

gbruyngmail.com Posted at 7-6 18:55
Thanks for the quick reply. I really hope someone calls tomorrow. I'm into week 3 without my brand new $1000 drone.

I will transfer your request to the team and inform them to call you as soon as possible.
2020-7-6
Use props
djiuser_l7BVdOy9Imxe
lvl.1
Flight distance : 359810 ft
United Kingdom

gbruyngmail.com Posted at 7-6 18:55

Did you get any reply? I had a similar experience where my drone crashed in Atti mode and being told to pay £70 for replacement when the drone acted in a very unexpected way.
2020-9-17
Use props
gbruyngmail.com
lvl.1
United States

djiuser_l7BVdOy9Imxe Posted at 9-17 06:23
Did you get any reply? I had a similar experience where my drone crashed in Atti mode and being told to pay £70 for replacement when the drone acted in a very unexpected way.

Yeah. I got a reply. Many replies from many DJI people. They DID NOT cover it under warranty. I had to go thru my DJI Care plan and pay the fee.

I even had someone call from China. No one could really ever explain what could have done or should have done when the aircraft went full speed LEFT on it's OWN without any input from me (proved thru the APP data logs). Very disappointing but I'm glad I finally found my drone in the murky water and was able to send it back so that I even had the opportunity for the DJI care plan. 1 more crash like that and that's it for the program for me.

2020-9-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules