Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New firmware idea for drones without adjustable aperature
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sparkflier
lvl.4
Flight distance : 194619 ft

United States

I have an idea/request for a firmware update for Dji drones with fixed aperature. On drones with a variable aperature, there is a setting to lock the shutter speed and automatically adjust aperature and iso or  to lock aperature or iso and adjust shutter speed automatically.  This is useful to help maintain a good exposure when filming videos. The Auto exposure setting is not useful because the shutter speed is constantly changing which could cause the video to look weird and the iso could go too high and make the video noisy.   So anyways, my idea is to make a new firmware that has the option of auto iso/shutter speed priority mode for drones like the spark and Mavic series. So that way, you can maintain a fixed shutter speed and exposure, and the iso would go down or up as needed when the lighting changes in the video as when tilting the camera or when the drone is moving.
2020-7-6
Use props
heliaetus
lvl.4
Greece

Although it's a good idea I don't think it's gonna work because digital sensor sensitivity is constant and ISO is emulated. You can read here about exposure in digital cameras
2020-7-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules