Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mirek L
Second Officer
Flight distance : 609724 ft
Canada

Hi,

DJI Fly stores flight records in two types of log files:
  • .txt files in FlighRecord directory (Android)
  • .dat files in MCDatFlightRecords directory under FlightRecords directory (Android)

I have noticed that while my .txt log files are there, a lot of .dat files are missing. Some flights do have .dat files and many don't. Also, it seems that older .dat files get automatically deleted (this does not happen with .txt logs).

Is this normal? What is the logic behind erratic .dat files? Is this DJI Fly app bug which may cause absence of critical log records in case they are required for DJI analysis?

Mirek
2020-7-6
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

How are you determining whether the files are there or not? When I hook my pc to my tablet, it does not see all the files. But when I run a file manager program on the tablet, it shows the "missing" files. I don't know the cause of that problem. So I just use the file manager to copy the files to the sd card so the pc can see them.
2020-7-6
Use props
Mirek L
Second Officer
Canada

GaryDoug Posted at 7-6 18:51
How are you determining whether the files are there or not? When I hook my pc to my tablet, it does not see all the files. But when I run a file manager program on the tablet, it shows the "missing" files. I don't know the cause of that problem. So I just use the file manager to copy the files to the sd card so the pc can see them.

GaryDoug,

I use File Manager built into my Android device (My Files).
I see exactly the same .dat files on PC (when I connect my mobile via USB) as directly on my mobile.
When I copy entire directory MCDatFlightRecords to PC I see same .dat files.

.dat files are definitively missing and they are also being deleted.

It seems like a bug.
Will DJI be able to diagnose any issues I can experience in future if .dat files are not available?

Mirek
2020-7-7
Use props
BobWinNV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 284209 ft
  • >>>
United States

I believe that when you sync your flights (do you have your app set to auto sync your flights?) DJI server grabs the .dat files and then deletes them.
2020-7-7
Use props
Mirek L
Second Officer
Canada

BobWinNV Posted at 7-7 16:34
I believe that when you sync your flights (do you have your app set to auto sync your flights?) DJI server grabs the .dat files and then deletes them.

BobWinNV,

It is possible. I don't have autosync set but I do sync manually from time to time.

However, if this is the case syncing does a poor job at removing all .dat files. It removes some while leaving others.
For example, all my recent .dat files are gone (from July 2 and July 3) but two earlier files (from July 1) are still on my mobile.
Kind of haphazard.

Mirek
2020-7-7
Use props
BobWinNV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 284209 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mirek L Posted at 7-7 17:23
BobWinNV,

It is possible. I don't have autosync set but I do sync manually from time to time.

It does the same to me.
2020-7-7
Use props
virtual
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4897142 ft
Czechia

Mirek L Posted at 7-7 17:23
BobWinNV,

In older app versions (with Mavic Mini) DAT files were removed when synced with DJI servers. 108 app stopped deleting files but there was option to clear flight records in phone manually (I had over 600MB of DAT files), I updated MA2 compatible app version yesterday so I have no experience with latest app...
2020-7-8
Use props
小仙女的星巴克
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4657841 ft
  • >>>
United States

I had 2 of my recent flight logs missing too for MA2.  However Airdata have it.
2020-7-8
Use props
DeputyDawgAtl
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1507073 ft
United States

Hello all,

New to Mavic 3 and fly app.  I have  auto sync on.  Today I had some flights.  One is in the Fly app but won't upload to Airdata

In the fly app, on the right the one in question does not have the cloud icon.  How can i FORCE it up to the cloud?

Thanks
2023-9-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules