861 4 2020-7-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_DxN9oIxXFlr4
lvl.3
Flight distance : 363661 ft
United States

Hi All,

The other day I was taking my drone up to get some photos. I was within controlled airspace near an airport. However, I have a commercial drone license and I submitted a request to get automated authorization to fly in that area. The authorization was good for up to 300 feet. But the DJI app insisted I could only go up to 197 feet. There was no way to over-ride this. Pretty sure the authorization from the FAA should over-rule whatever DJI thinks ;)

Is there some way to correct this? preferably a way to correct it at the time it actually happens so i can get the shots I needed.
I'm really surprised there's no way to request authorization within the DJI app.
2020-7-6
Use props
DJI Co-Pilot
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1064741 ft
Japan

Hi djiuser_DxN9oIxXFlr4,

You can unlock a restricted zone either through the app or at the official website. Make sure that you register a DJI user account before executing the unlocking procedure.
I suggest you to check out this clip to get more detailed information:

2020-7-6
Use props
rwynant V1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>
United States

Some authorization zones are altitude limited...... like 60m limit......it should showup on the geozone map.

Randy
2020-7-7
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there.  I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please check the said location on this link ( https://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-map ) to see the restrictions of the location where you are flying your DJI drone. In addition for us to be able to assist you with regards to this matter. Kindly please send an email as well to our DJI flysafe department at flysafe@dji.com for us to be able to assist you further. Thank you.
2020-7-7
Use props
Francis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 774203 ft
Brazil

DJI didnt realize that it is not a gov  aviation department, doing what is not its business, causing   more troubles  than benefits. The world is not its dictatorial country.
2020-7-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules