DJI ... PLEASE have an option to disable/lower beeping
670 14 2020-7-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
OneQuickSix
lvl.2
Flight distance : 781729 ft
United States

This goes for the Mavic Air 2 as well.  I won't rehash what many others have already said about their disdane for the beeping.  And if  it HAS to stay on for the RTH, I could kind of accept that-- but if you are paying attention when the signal is lost, you already know it is performing RTH, you don't really need the continual beeps.  How about a single beep or two when it engages, and that's it.  Or maybe a beep every X seconds as I believe others have mentioned?

HOWEVER, the real issue is the controllers are (loudly) beeping when the battery hits 20%, regardless of whether the drone is 10 feet in front of you or what.  Again, a single beep or two would be fine, but the incessant beeping is completely unnecessary here.  As I mentioned in another post, I am a worse pilot for it, during those times the klaxon is blaring at me.

Could the engineers please consider making the beeping, especially for the 20% battery, either: a) Optional, b) Much quieter c) Adjustable, d) Played through the phone interface, and any combination of these as well in a near-future firmware release?
2020-7-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

+1 great idea.
2020-7-7
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

+1 great idea.
2020-7-7
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Awesome idea
2020-7-7
Use props
virtual
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4897142 ft
Czechia

I agree, adjustable app setting would be great!
I can live with it but it is unnecessarily stressful.
2020-7-7
Use props
Sean-newbie
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

There is possibly a ''requests'' page somewhere or maybe you could add ''feature request'' to the title.
My solution to this problem, .....switch my hearing aid off, it works a treat lol
2020-7-7
Use props
fansa3ca2932
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1614416 ft
Russia

+ many!
2020-7-7
Use props
Lieronet
lvl.3
Flight distance : 809948 ft
Slovakia

i wish they would
2020-7-7
Use props
ABeardedItalian
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1063107 ft
United States

Yes please let this be app adjustable, hide it in the menu's if you have to. The mini's so quiet and great for peaceful flying but when RTH is triggered or if the low battery warning goes off it's an awkward moment while you wait for your drone to return. Being able to lower the volume or the ability to cancel the sound like the way we can ignore other warnings would be extremely helpful.
2020-7-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I think vibration + beep every 10/15 seconds would suffice, but I’m not sure they can without configuring Hardware. Maybe just set to go off on critical low battery @15%.
2020-7-7
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there OneQuickSix. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing your insights with regards to this matter.  I will cascade this thread to the designated DJI department for further attention and evaluation. All significant suggestions or requests will be implemented after the evaluation of the DJI Engineers. For the latest DJI updates. Kindly please stay tuned or visit our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Again, thank you for your valued support and fly safe always.
2020-7-7
Use props
OneQuickSix
lvl.2
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 7-7 19:56
Hello there OneQuickSix. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing your insights with regards to this matter.  I will cascade this thread to the designated DJI department for further attention and evaluation. All significant suggestions or requests will be implemented after the evaluation of the DJI Engineers. For the latest DJI updates. Kindly please stay tuned or visit our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Again, thank you for your valued support and fly safe always.

Thank you, Stephen ... much appreciated!  I'm assuming there is not need to re-post this in "Mavic Air 2" forum, correct?  That is, I'm assuming a suggestion to the engineers for the Mini would also be the same engineers (or passed onto, if different) for the Air 2?

Thanks again,
2020-7-7
Use props
OneQuickSix
lvl.2
United States

Sean-newbie Posted at 7-7 03:43
... My solution to this problem, .....switch my hearing aid off, it works a treat lol

Nice.  So many times I wish I could switch off the sound ... on a great many things, not just the controllers' beeping, lol.  I have been "cursed" with exceptional hearing my entire life.  Despite rapidly approaching my 50's and having visited my fair-share of loud rock concerts, my hearing still remains that of a 20-something ... although it finally is beginning to diminish.
2020-7-7
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

OneQuickSix Posted at 7-7 23:11
Thank you, Stephen ... much appreciated!  I'm assuming there is not need to re-post this in "Mavic Air 2" forum, correct?  That is, I'm assuming a suggestion to the engineers for the Mini would also be the same engineers (or passed onto, if different) for the Air 2?

Thanks again,

Hi there OneQuickSix. You are very much welcome and rest assured that this addition information will also be forwarded. Again, thank you for your valued support and please stay safe always.
2020-7-9
Use props
Pashi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4862598 ft
  • >>>
Russia

+1 Agreed!!!
2020-7-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now