Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Foil on the back of the gimbal
713 6 2020-7-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_uRYpnlJtgCaO
lvl.4
Flight distance : 62320 ft
Germany

On the back of the gimbal there is an adhesive foil which does not stick properly anymore. Therefore the gimbal gets often stuck to the edge of the drone's housing. Although this foil has no yellow marking, can I peel it off or does it have a special function?

Thanks!

2020-7-6
Use props
DJI Co-Pilot
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1064741 ft
Japan

Can you post a picture of the gimbal and the foil to give us a better idea of what you mean?
2020-7-7
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing this information with us. As DJI Co-Pilot posted on post #2. Can you please post a sample photo of the said foil for us to be able to see and assist you further. Just a reminder that DJI do not recommend doing a DIY in fixing or removing any parts of the said DJI drone to avoid damaging the said unit and not to void the warranty of the said drone as well. Thank you.
2020-7-7
Use props
djiuser_uRYpnlJtgCaO
lvl.4
Germany

DJI Stephen Posted at 7-7 20:00
Hello there. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing this information with us. As DJI Co-Pilot posted on post #2. Can you please post a sample photo of the said foil for us to be able to see and assist you further. Just a reminder that DJI do not recommend doing a DIY in fixing or removing any parts of the said DJI drone to avoid damaging the said unit and not to void the warranty of the said drone as well. Thank you.

Here is a picture.

As already mentioned above, this foil does not stick properly on my MZ2 anymore and partly prevents the gimbal from moving freely. What's the purpose of this foil anyway?
2020-7-7
Use props
DrohneSG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1001906 ft
Germany

Remove this crap and have fun. My M2Z is flying without it for more then 18 month.  Can't remember if such foil was there on unpacking. Anyway, it has no function but only causes trouble.
2020-7-9
Use props
djiuser_uRYpnlJtgCaO
lvl.4
Germany

DrohneSG Posted at 7-9 01:39
Remove this crap and have fun. My M2Z is flying without it for more then 18 month.  Can't remember if such foil was there on unpacking. Anyway, it has no function but only causes trouble.

Alright, thanks! I guess I don't have another choice anyway and sending the drone to DJI just to replace this foil is a little too much :-)
2020-7-9
Use props
windsurfkruzer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 186535 ft
Australia

djiuser_uRYpnlJtgCaO Posted at 7-9 01:47
Alright, thanks! I guess I don't have another choice anyway and sending the drone to DJI just to replace this foil is a little too much :-)

Looks like packaging protective tape.
Mine does not have it.
Remove and enjoy.
2020-7-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules