New Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom Firmware Released (07/07/2020)
46912 195 2020-7-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mavic57pro2
First Officer
Flight distance : 3772247 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fansd125305f Posted at 7-9 05:59
Just a pity that APAS is still not working.

My APAS works fine. Fly the drone towards me and it automatically swerves around me.
2020-7-9
Use props
jpap
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1780679 ft
Greece

Could somebody check if they fixed the annoying bug in ios when the app cannot use iPhone's GPS to get current location?
Btw, I had a few times the problem with camera gimbal being dead after power up so hopefully this update will fix it.  
2020-7-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Oracle Miata Posted at 7-7 11:20
I assume this firmware won’t work with the Smart Controller?

I suspect not until app is updated, mine is still on .32The update is available to SC, just go to about.
2020-7-9
Use props
Fantomgep
lvl.3
Flight distance : 30594 ft
  • >>>
Hungary

Droning 24/7 Posted at 7-9 06:13
Not to derail this thread, but since the topic includes an increased flight distance 8km -> 10Km (FCC) which can increase flight times.............

Dji spec is a 59.29Wh lipo battery....So lets say a 60Wh batt to make things easier?

Sorry, but your calculation is wrong. The watt (work) is time independent value. Watt=Joule/sec.
Work*time is the energie. ( W*t=E) Other word the work/ performance  is the first derivation of the energie.
The air 2 battery is only 40 Wh not 60 as you stated. This means it can perform 40 watts work for 60 min or 3600 sec.
Other worlds it can store 40*60*60 joule energie.(144KJ)
The air2 discharges the battery in 34 min. It means the performance, or the work is 60/34*40=70watt. Or 144KJ/( 34*60sec ).This is the performance of the whole system. The plus 0.5 watt work of the transmitting system only 0,7% difference, which causes 14 sec less flight time. ( 34*0,007*60 sec).
2020-7-9
Use props
PhantomPil
lvl.4
Flight distance : 44731 ft
United Kingdom

Just FYI its important to update each of the batteries before you go flying otherwise you will recieve the "inconsistant firmware" message when insering a battery that hasn't been updated.
2020-7-9
Use props
PhantomPil
lvl.4
United Kingdom

It works fine with the Smart Controller.
Aircraft Firmware: v01.00.0670
DJI GO 4 App Android: v4.3.36

2020-7-9
Use props
djiuser_mqd492LOfJHx
New

France

Bimnomercy Posted at 7-7 21:56
Thank you DJI for this firmware update, but I don't see anything about the new French regulations on electronic reporting.

I remind you nevertheless that since the beginning of July, no mavic 2 newly purchased can legally fly in France because of the absence of electronic reporting. This obliges new buyers to equip their drone with an additional module worth at least 200 €.

Hello,

I want to buy a MAVIC 2 PRO but I live in France (Europe) and the law prohibits the use of this drone as long as it is not equipped with a remote identification system.

I do not want to buy an external electronic box.

I find DJI really late on this point. If it is Skydio will be approved Europe before the Mavic 2 Pro. ;-)
2020-7-9
Use props
Herdlaw
lvl.1
Flight distance : 151663 ft
Australia

I have updated the firmware and now getting Gimbal Overload errors.  Tried gimbal calibration twice and problem not resolved.  Had to downgrade to v01.00.0510 for gimbal errors to stop.  Now working perfectly with v01.00.0510
2020-7-9
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_mqd492LOfJHx Posted at 7-9 16:30
Hello,

I want to buy a MAVIC 2 PRO but I live in France (Europe) and the law prohibits the use of this drone as long as it is not equipped with a remote identification system.

The Mavic 2 is a two year old product.  I'm in the US, so I'm not terribly familiar with European laws, but I think this law you mention is much newer than the product, isn't it?
2020-7-9
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi there Woe. You are very much welcome and thank you for the reply. Again thank you for your valued support and keep on flying.
2020-7-9
Use props
trica de
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1062090 ft
  • >>>
Germany

after 9 month an update WOW !!! I will test that now.... THX
2020-7-9
Use props
MauroT
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16041247 ft
  • >>>
Italy

PhantomPil Posted at 7-9 12:58
Just FYI its important to update each of the batteries before you go flying otherwise you will recieve the "inconsistant firmware" message when insering a battery that hasn't been updated.

How? Do you have to upgrade the mavic2 with all the batteries you have? thanks
2020-7-10
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

bikoo Posted at 7-9 02:24
any one tested ?
and when we will get the update for

Good point.
2020-7-10
Use props
akozc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2019951 ft
Macao

MauroT Posted at 7-10 00:06
How? Do you have to upgrade the mavic2 with all the batteries you have? thanks

you need to update all your batteries one by one.
In anyway , as soon as you  insert the battery  it will automatically update itself.
2020-7-10
Use props
hurstja
Second Officer
Flight distance : 43602 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Why does the controller battery load up to 98% and not further? After the firmware update.
2020-7-10
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

hurstja Posted at 7-10 02:59
Why does the controller battery load up to 98% and not further? After the firmware update.

I noticed that as well.
2020-7-10
Use props
Oracle Miata
First Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

Updated through the SC yesterday.  Tested, everything seems in order.  Range seems to have increased in an area I normally fly.
2020-7-10
Use props
knarfboy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 494508 ft
  • >>>
Germany

The Mavic Assistant offer me a newer Version...

The internal Version ist date 2020-07-08 not 2020-07-07 ..... Has DJI change something on it?
2020-7-10
Use props
James<3
lvl.2
United States

Droning 24/7 Posted at 7-9 06:13
Not to derail this thread, but since the topic includes an increased flight distance 8km -> 10Km (FCC) which can increase flight times.............

Dji spec is a 59.29Wh lipo battery....So lets say a 60Wh batt to make things easier?

interesting.....
2020-7-10
Use props
akozc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2019951 ft
Macao

may be a jumbo battery like M2A has a solution
2020-7-10
Use props
fans41dc76b4
New

United States

RK7dronzy Posted at 7-8 07:09
Sorry but what good is this update. Encourage people to fly even further away illegally in eu, uk and usa, or will that create more crashes when they run out of power. Never had any issues with the gimble. Now the batteries will start ruuning flat after 2 days which means my third batt will always need recharging , if using one a day as i do. Never had problem with controller in cold weather. Where is the 4k at 60 frames a sec and better resolution in the hyperlapse. It seems to me that dji have ignored all the complaints in this forum over the last year. Rant over.

If it has a longer transit distance, then it will presumably be even more reliable when it’s closer in. I’m sure they made the batter change to give them longer life. No complaints here.
2020-7-10
Use props
Chill Pill
lvl.4
United Kingdom

akozc Posted at 7-10 01:43
you need to update all your batteries one by one.
In anyway , as soon as you  insert the battery  it will automatically update itself.

"In anyway , as soon as you  insert the battery  it will automatically update itself."

Please explain so that i and others understand clearly. Assume that you have completed the firmware upgrade via Assistant 2 and think you are done but you have a couple of spare batteries that you do not update because you do not realise this is nesessary.
You go out on location where there is no mobile data or WI-Fi and start flying your drone and then need to switch batteries, so how is it possible for the battery to perform a firmware update?
2020-7-10
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

So after update today I flew 3 batteries, I found that my signal is much stronger, at 8km away I only lost 1 bar and battery was around 67% so possibly means battery lasts abit longer as well, noticed that I had to update all batteries as well. All in All a very stable and good update, I will try the max distance out of 10km but will need to find a good area so if battery runs low I can land and collect.
2020-7-10
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you run Yagi antennas, will it fry the PCB??
2020-7-10
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

I assume the government realizes the more powerful the signal the safer the experience.
2020-7-10
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

I'm not sure why you guys will fly 10KM anyways.  The idea is to have proper signal penetration for the sake of being able to control the drone properly.  Can we get a 10KM update for the P4PV2.0?
2020-7-10
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Sorry but what good is this update. Encourage people to fly even further away illegally in eu, uk and usa, or will that create more crashes when they run out of power. Never had any issues with the gimble. Now the batteries will start ruuning flat after 2 days which means my third batt will always need recharging , if using one a day as i do. Never had problem with controller in cold weather. Where is the 4k at 60 frames a sec and better resolution in the hyperlapse. It seems to me that dji have ignored all the complaints in this forum over the last year. Rant over.

You are seeing it wrong.  It's safer to have a stronger signal.  If people fly out far and their drone lands in some area that they cannot get then it was their fault for flying out too far.  This is great for weeding out the people who think flying out that far is a good idea.  At close range, you can lose signal.  Hopefully this fixes that problem.  When you fly commercially you do not want to suffer a signal loss.
2020-7-10
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Fix this to 10KM?
2020-7-10
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Battery update, remember to update all your batteries.
2020-7-10
Use props
knarfboy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 494508 ft
  • >>>
Germany

knarfboy Posted at 7-10 06:46
The Mavic Assistant offer me a newer Version...

The internal Version ist date 2020-07-08 not 2020-07-07 ..... Has DJI change something on it?[view_image]

Its look like DJI fix a last minute Bug and replace, a day later, the 2020-07-07  version to a version from 2020-07-08
See https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... =219808&pid=2211281
2020-7-10
Use props
Flygmaskin
lvl.2
Flight distance : 70719 ft
Sweden

Thank you for this much appreciated firmware upgrade which is making a good product even better!

I have a couple of questions which I hope could be answered.

Could a representative from DJI please clarify why this firmware update is mandatory for users flying in china? The chinese release notes say that the Mavic 2 will be unable to takeoff if the new firmware is not installed. And also, please clarify if this is the case for other regions as well.

The increase in range, how is this achieved? I guess the transmission output power in the remote controller can't be changed, since it may violate local national laws.

Will this firmware update affect the range while flying with DJI Goggles, or will the goggles limit the maximum range to the maximum range in the former firmware?

Thank you for your help in answering these questions.
2020-7-11
Use props
Lencouet
lvl.1
France

Bimnomercy Posted at 7-7 21:56
Thank you DJI for this firmware update, but I don't see anything about the new French regulations on electronic reporting.

I remind you nevertheless that since the beginning of July, no mavic 2 newly purchased can legally fly in France because of the absence of electronic reporting. This obliges new buyers to equip their drone with an additional module worth at least 200 €.

so , only for new purchased ones ?
2020-7-11
Use props
Badgersurfer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 14016 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yes it does....
2020-7-11
Use props
Mavic57pro2
First Officer
Flight distance : 3772247 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Chill Pill Posted at 7-10 20:09
"In anyway , as soon as you  insert the battery  it will automatically update itself."

Please explain so that i and others understand clearly. Assume that you have completed the firmware upgrade via Assistant 2 and think you are done but you have a couple of spare batteries that you do not update because you do not realise this is nesessary.
After updating firmware successfully, switch drone off and put next battery in the drone, switch on and assistant will prompt to update the battery, do this for each battery. Job done.
2020-7-11
Use props
TrevorSK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1547713 ft
Canada

e1darie1 Posted at 7-7 03:50
This is exciting update "Increased the maximum transmission distance: 10 km (FCC), 6 km (CE/MIC/SRRC)."

This is exciting for me. I can't wait to try it. My old Mavic pro 1 actually gave me more signal transmission range than my Mavic 2, so hope this fixes the performance to what I was used to with the old drone. I'm currently stuck in isolation separated from my drones
2020-7-11
Use props
BrianKushner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 41420253 ft
  • >>>
United States

e1darie1 Posted at 7-7 03:50
This is exciting update "Increased the maximum transmission distance: 10 km (FCC), 6 km (CE/MIC/SRRC)."

I noticed NO DIFFERENCE after updating.
2020-7-11
Use props
BrianKushner
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Sorry but what good is this update. Encourage people to fly even further away illegally in eu, uk and usa, or will that create more crashes when they run out of power. Never had any issues with the gimble. Now the batteries will start ruuning flat after 2 days which means my third batt will always need recharging , if using one a day as i do. Never had problem with controller in cold weather. Where is the 4k at 60 frames a sec and better resolution in the hyperlapse. It seems to me that dji have ignored all the complaints in this forum over the last year. Rant over.

You can still change your battery depletion time to up to 10 days. 2 days is the DEFAULT
2020-7-11
Use props
BrianKushner
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Tollytastic Posted at 7-8 11:35
No need to worry about the batteries as the two days is the minimum setting.

Cheers

I think they might be trying to mitigate the horrendous puffy battery issue!
2020-7-11
Use props
BrianBracher
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4204829 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Felix Le Chat Posted at 7-9 03:40
The new regulation will be Europe-wide and affect use of airspace by UAV's not carrying the correct hardware. New release Mavic Air 2 Drones sold in the USA were fitted with the avoidance hardware to be FAA compliant. New release Mavic Air 2's sold in Europe were not fitted with the same module. December 31st 2020 is when the Euro Regulation comes into effect. All drones must comply with classification system in order to be awarded a C0: C1: C2: C3 or C4 certification. If you want the complete picture: search out and download:
"Easy Access Rules for Unmanned Aircraft Systems (Regulations (EU) 2019/947 and (EU) 2019/945)"

And remember that there is a two year transition period
2020-7-12
Use props
Droning 24/7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2310082 ft
  • >>>
United States

BrianKushner Posted at 7-11 20:35
I noticed NO DIFFERENCE after updating.

Hmmmm, I was wondering about this 2km "max transmission increase", thinking there's a fox in the henhouse, don't think I'm taking the bait.

This FW update probably has some extra's undisclosed  goodies I don't need nor want.      
2020-7-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules