New Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom Firmware Released (07/07/2020)
46840 195 2020-7-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cool88
New

Malaysia

anto noprianto Posted at 7-16 02:01
so sad after the upgrade my mavic 2 pro the range between aircraft and the remotw is only 30 cm, and then the remote had notif No Rc signal, im also downgrade and upgrage repeatly but the result is the same...please DJI help me

Same problem here. Downgraded the software, relinked RC....any one found a solution?
2020-8-25
Use props
smirnoff9969
lvl.4
Flight distance : 582776 ft
Croatia

I returned from my trip, had few flights no bugs or anything annoying...
2020-8-27
Use props
DH_Pilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3301621 ft
  • >>>
Slovakia

cool88 Posted at 8-25 23:51
Same problem here. Downgraded the software, relinked RC....any one found a solution?

So are you now in the state where you are loosing signal even when you downgraded firmware back to 510?
2020-9-2
Use props
STST
lvl.4
Flight distance : 734882 ft
Israel

anto noprianto Posted at 7-16 02:01
so sad after the upgrade my mavic 2 pro the range between aircraft and the remotw is only 30 cm, and then the remote had notif No Rc signal, im also downgrade and upgrage repeatly but the result is the same...please DJI help me

also same issue, after the Firmware Upgrade ,
the signal lost after few meters.
- downgrade Firmware not fix it.
- Re-link the remote & aircraft not fix it - Different locations & good weather same issue

The M2P are now Unusable with this problem.

2020-9-6
Use props
DH_Pilot
lvl.4
  • >>>
Slovakia

STST Posted at 9-6 04:27
also same issue, after the Firmware Upgrade ,
the signal lost after few meters.
- downgrade Firmware not fix it.

can you try manually switch different channel from 2,4ghz then from 5,8ghz... shuffle them multiple times if that will do something?
2020-9-6
Use props
STST
lvl.4
Israel

DH_Pilot Posted at 9-6 06:25
can you try manually switch different channel from 2,4ghz then from 5,8ghz... shuffle them multiple times if that will do something?

I wish I could, frequency 5.8 is locked for use in the app, in our country, frequency 5.8 is for military use only.
Except for indoor use (it's funny and silly I know, but it's the truth)
2020-9-6
Use props
DH_Pilot
lvl.4
  • >>>
Slovakia

STST Posted at 9-6 06:49
I wish I could, frequency 5.8 is locked for use in the app, in our country, frequency 5.8 is for military use only.
Except for indoor use (it's funny and silly I know, but it's the truth)

And are you able to switch between 2,4 ghz channels? Those are the lower ones like 1 - 13.
2020-9-6
Use props
STST
lvl.4
Israel

DH_Pilot Posted at 9-6 08:14
And are you able to switch between 2,4 ghz channels? Those are the lower ones like 1 - 13.

Yes, but no change.
Its look like the transmitter works at low power.
2020-9-6
Use props
DH_Pilot
lvl.4
  • >>>
Slovakia

STST Posted at 9-6 09:02
Yes, but no change.
Its look like the transmitter works at low power.

That is very strange and disapointing. Then only thing I could think of is to restore factory defaults via DJI Assistant in PC, but DJI Assistant for Mavic 2 doesn't have this option, but version for old Mavic Pro - DJI Assistant have it. I already tried to do reset to factory of Mavic 2 via older DJI assistant via PC. I personally think it is low chance it will help but that is last think I could advice.
2020-9-6
Use props
STST
lvl.4
Israel

DH_Pilot Posted at 9-6 09:15
That is very strange and disapointing. Then only thing I could think of is to restore factory defaults via DJI Assistant in PC, but DJI Assistant for Mavic 2 doesn't have this option, but version for old Mavic Pro - DJI Assistant have it. I already tried to do reset to factory of Mavic 2 via older DJI assistant via PC. I personally think it is low chance it will help but that is last think I could advice.

I already try this.
2020-9-6
Use props
DH_Pilot
lvl.4
  • >>>
Slovakia

STST Posted at 9-6 22:57
I already try this.

Ok then I'm afraid that only DJI could help you either by releasing some fixed FW or providing some kind of fix via beta firmware or so. Or in worst case by sending drone in for service.
2020-9-7
Use props
STST
lvl.4
Israel

DH_Pilot Posted at 9-7 00:14
Ok then I'm afraid that only DJI could help you either by releasing some fixed FW or providing some kind of fix via beta firmware or so. Or in worst case by sending drone in for service.

Yes, but it's frustrating, I have to pay for the repair, because DJI has released a bad firmware version.
2020-9-7
Use props
fans1f690efe
lvl.4
  • >>>
Ireland

RK7dronzy Posted at 7-8 07:09
Sorry but what good is this update. Encourage people to fly even further away illegally in eu, uk and usa, or will that create more crashes when they run out of power. Never had any issues with the gimble. Now the batteries will start ruuning flat after 2 days which means my third batt will always need recharging , if using one a day as i do. Never had problem with controller in cold weather. Where is the 4k at 60 frames a sec and better resolution in the hyperlapse. It seems to me that dji have ignored all the complaints in this forum over the last year. Rant over.

I agree with you ,  my gimbal was working fine before the upgrade now it doesn't respond to the remote properly.  Why drain the batteries after two days
2020-9-9
Use props
Dorianbz
lvl.1
France

Bimnomercy Posted at 7-7 21:56
Thank you DJI for this firmware update, but I don't see anything about the new French regulations on electronic reporting.

I remind you nevertheless that since the beginning of July, no mavic 2 newly purchased can legally fly in France because of the absence of electronic reporting. This obliges new buyers to equip their drone with an additional module worth at least 200 €.

He has a thread on the subject. Apparently they're working on it.
It's technically possible if they make the effort to take an interest in it.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=205582

DJI is in contact with the French authorities concerning this new regulation, and all UAVs equipped with the OcuSync 2 protocol should benefit from a firmware Update that will enable the UAV to transmit the signal frame itself without any external device (i.e. Mavic 2 series, P4 Pro V2.0, P4 RTK, P4 Multispectral, 200 V2 / 210 V2 Matrix).
The other older UAVs (Mavic Air 1, Mavic Pro 1, P4 Pro v1 / Adv. , P4 standard, Inspire, ...) will require the purchase of an external signal box to be fixed on the UAV.

To recap we're talking probably about a WiFi beacon frame -attached with Vendor Information Element (ID 221)- and a JSON payload {"1":<Protocol Version>,"2":"REGISTERED SERIAL NUMBER","4":<Current latitude in decimal Degrees>, "5":<Current longitude in decimal Degrees>,  "6":<AMSL in meters>, "7":<AGL in meters (instead of AMSL)>, "8":<Launch latitude in decimal Degrees>, "9":<Launch longitude in decimal Degrees>, "10":<True air speed in m/s>, "11":<True heading in degrees>}

Update :
I found an article that says that a system was implemented in the last update.
I don't know if it's 100% compliant.

Here the link (in french sorry)

https://blog.studiosport.fr/dji-mavic-2-pro-systeme-identification-a-distance/

2020-9-17
Use props
CanonMax
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8953215 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Well... after reading all comments in this link I hesitated to update my Mavic 2 Pro and the standard controller...
But today I did.... Connected the Mavic 2 to my PC, started the latest DJI Assistant for Mavic and WAITED until the screen stated "update successful" ... during the update the Mavic 2 rebooted 2 or 3 times... JUST WAIT when this happens!!
After that I connected the Remote Controller... and that went well too... You just need to WAIT and not touch the Mavic 2, the Remote or the Cable...
After that I connected my iPad to the Remote Controller, re-booted the Mavic and (indeed) noticed that a few things like MAX FLIGHT DISTANCE were changed and that I needed to re-activate the switch in order to use SPORT and TRIPOD mode... I also inserted my two other batteries and they had to be updated as well.
All fine up to this point....

Then I went out to test this new firmware... went to one of my fields... connected everything and I had not a slight problem... everything worked FINE... Stable connection, great video-feed all as usual...

Take care, fly and update safe...

Max

2020-9-20
Use props
STST
lvl.4
Israel

DH_Pilot Posted at 9-7 00:14
Ok then I'm afraid that only DJI could help you either by releasing some fixed FW or providing some kind of fix via beta firmware or so. Or in worst case by sending drone in for service.

Update:
I had to replace the mainboard,
That cost me 410$.
DJi - Thanks for nothing.
2020-9-22
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

STST Posted at 9-22 11:43
Update:
That cost me 410$.

Did you replaced faulty mainboard by yourself?
2020-9-27
Use props
STST
lvl.4
Israel

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 9-27 15:10
Did you replaced faulty mainboard by yourself?

No,
the repair was done at the store where I bought it.the difference in price, I preferred to repair in the store.

But from watching videos on YouTube,
In my opinion with good hands, with the right tools you can replace yourself.

2020-9-29
Use props
S.J
lvl.4
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Kuwait

RK7dronzy Posted at 7-8 07:09
Sorry but what good is this update. Encourage people to fly even further away illegally in eu, uk and usa, or will that create more crashes when they run out of power. Never had any issues with the gimble. Now the batteries will start ruuning flat after 2 days which means my third batt will always need recharging , if using one a day as i do. Never had problem with controller in cold weather. Where is the 4k at 60 frames a sec and better resolution in the hyperlapse. It seems to me that dji have ignored all the complaints in this forum over the last year. Rant over.

this distance update is for long flight plan routes where you could take a bit the M2P further without any transmission loss during  shooting
2020-10-3
Use props
djiuser_pFsgWZyTlH5y
lvl.3
United States

Thanks, this is helpful
2020-10-5
Use props
sica
lvl.4
Flight distance : 679 ft
Israel

you will miss the pro-1 mavic. He also had small problems at first but they were solved and it turned out to be an almost perfect drone! I would not change MAVIC-PRO on any new product ...
2020-10-5
Use props
Bokstas
lvl.1
Lithuania

After this update, I started to get "control stick error" and "Imu calibration error". I went to adjust these things, but it comes up again and again (time to time), but for the last updates in never come up for years!! That's annoying. The app also when traveling abroad asks to enter pin code sent by SMS (to validate fly safe).. which never have been delivered (((
2020-10-7
Use props
sarafox
lvl.1

United States

Droning 24/7 Posted at 7-9 06:13
Not to derail this thread, but since the topic includes an increased flight distance 8km -> 10Km (FCC) which can increase flight times.............

Dji spec is a 59.29Wh lipo battery....So lets say a 60Wh batt to make things easier?

آموزش سئو
آموزش سئو
آموزش سئو

آموزش سئو
آموزش سئو
آموزش سئو
آموزش سئو
آموزش سئو
آموزش سئو
2020-10-11
Use props
cool88
New

Malaysia

DH_Pilot Posted at 9-2 01:10
So are you now in the state where you are loosing signal even when you downgraded firmware back to 510?

Yes i downgraded problem still persist. Totally cant fly at all.... this is totally disappointing from DJI BRICK my MP2 zoom! Is there any recourse  from DJI to compensate....very disappointing
2020-10-13
Use props
cool88
New

Malaysia

STST Posted at 9-22 11:43
Update:
That cost me 410$.

Your replace the controller mainboard or the  drone ? Thanks
2020-10-13
Use props
STST
lvl.4
United States

cool88 Posted at 10-13 22:05
Your replace the controller mainboard or the  drone ? Thanks

only mainboard  
2020-10-20
Use props
skylarkeast
New
United States

10 Kilometers away and no power to return home. This would have to be a preprogrammed flight, yes?
2020-10-28
Use props
bernardren07
lvl.4
Flight distance : 48504 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

Hi. Should update firmware or wait? Long time no use for drone due covid not allow. I seen some people few problem latest firmware.
2020-10-30
Use props
Just a dude
New

United States

Oracle Miata Posted at 7-7 11:20
I assume this firmware won’t work with the Smart Controller?

Why would you assume that? Anyways yes it works with the smart controller(proud papa of one).
2020-12-18
Use props
Just a dude
New

United States

cool88 Posted at 10-13 20:10
Yes i downgraded problem still persist. Totally cant fly at all.... this is totally disappointing from DJI BRICK my MP2 zoom! Is there any recourse  from DJI to compensate....very disappointing

That’s terrifying
2020-12-18
Use props
fans871e4f7f
New
Flight distance : 35098 ft
United Kingdom

I’ve tried multiple times to upgrade my firmware, but I get a failed to update message. I’ve tried the dji go 4 app and the assistant 2... Anything you can re recommend to solve the problem? Thanks.
2020-12-31
Use props
djiuser_K1X7E0iqS7gl
New

Brazil

fans871e4f7f Posted at 2020-12-31 00:34
I’ve tried multiple times to upgrade my firmware, but I get a failed to update message. I’ve tried the dji go 4 app and the assistant 2... Anything you can re recommend to solve the problem? Thanks.
Hi,

which error?
Before updating, reset the drone settings to factory settings.
see if it resolves
2021-1-2
Use props
Oracle Miata
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just a dude Posted at 2020-12-18 09:57
Why would you assume that? Anyways yes it works with the smart controller(proud papa of one).

Because back in June when I posted this, the SC was on a lesser version of GO 4.  
2021-1-6
Use props
Felix Le Chat
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1348 ft
United Kingdom

fanse3badb5d Posted at 2020-8-12 06:00
Can still be flown as a legacy drone,  so your not actually correct

.... until 2022... after which your "legacy" drone becomes obsolete and faces the greatest degree of restrictions. Try arguing the toss with the Civil Aviation Authority.
2021-3-9
Use props
MeAtHome
lvl.4
Flight distance : 84104 ft
Switzerland

Good day
Could DJI clean up the Mavic 2 documents? There are two release notes available, but non of them contain the 0770 firmware
2021-7-26
Use props
MeAtHome
lvl.4
Flight distance : 84104 ft
Switzerland

Well, some cleaning was done, but not finished...
2021-8-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules