New Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom Firmware Released (07/07/2020)
46845 195 2020-7-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TrevorSK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1547713 ft
Canada

Droning 24/7 Posted at 7-8 09:08
I don't think they've increased power transmission/signal strength (26dbm/FCC 20dbm/CE), they've just "allowed" more  distance under FW controlled distance limits between the AC and RC under the same stock power transmission rates.  

Increasing signal strength (flight control and data) would require high power (up from 26dbm FCC and 20dbm CE) at the transmitter outputs in both the  AC and RC, if that were the case, and of course, our battery run times would be going flat much sooner.

The four rotor motors and the CPU use so much power that it makes the different formats of transmitter/receiver consumption too small to mention in comparison.
2020-7-12
Use props
SkyEye21
lvl.3
United States

Firmware Update (CAUSES COMPLETE LOSS OF CONTROL).  Drone was 20 Meters & 100 Meters from me losing complete control with extreme yawing to the right and left by 35 degree.  Firmware was updated using the DJI APP
2020-7-12
Use props
SkyEye21
lvl.3
United States

Firmware Update (CAUSES COMPLETE LOSS OF CONTROL).  Drone was 20 Meters & 100 Meters from me losing complete control with extreme yawing to the right and left by 35 degree.  Firmware was updated using the DJI APP
2020-7-12
Use props
akozc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2019951 ft
Macao

I physically couldn't  see any difference from the point of extended flight distance (@EC mode in my case)
Before the update, my max flight distance was normally 1-1.5km  at the edge of the city shoreline with average scale polluted WIFI signal emitted from the city.
After the update, I again took off almost at same location and when  my drone reached to 1km distance , has started sending the low signal or low transmission warning messages.
So , I really wonder how could  the update will let the drone could fly as far as 6km (@EC mode)  as announced  in the DJI Update Description.
For sure,  I not willing to fly 6km distance where I might have no control and face some other risks but seems to me  either EC mode or the update is(are) still  bottlenecking the flight distance.
2020-7-12
Use props
gnirtS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

Sascha.ES Posted at 7-8 08:09
DJI is not at all interested in regulation Europe. Only sold drones count. Software development is a catastrophe.
Unfortunately typical China! In 2021 flying in Europe will be very difficult. New drones, new classes. DJI has to certify and will only do this for new drones, so I would not buy a drone that has been or will be released in 2020.

Good rant but factually untrue.

There's a simple reason no drone is certified for CE category use yet - because EASA/EU havent yet got round to finalising the specs and enabling certification!

...they also said it wont be retrospective not DJI.
2020-7-13
Use props
gnirtS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

Felix Le Chat Posted at 7-9 03:40
The new regulation will be Europe-wide and affect use of airspace by UAV's not carrying the correct hardware. New release Mavic Air 2 Drones sold in the USA were fitted with the avoidance hardware to be FAA compliant. New release Mavic Air 2's sold in Europe were not fitted with the same module. December 31st 2020 is when the Euro Regulation comes into effect. All drones must comply with classification system in order to be awarded a C0: C1: C2: C3 or C4 certification. If you want the complete picture: search out and download:
"Easy Access Rules for Unmanned Aircraft Systems (Regulations (EU) 2019/947 and (EU) 2019/945)"

It doesnt matter - even if it does have ADSB-In (which is NOT remote ID.....) it currently isnt possible to certify a drone under the CE/EASA categories and the cert is not retrospective so no MA2, regardless of the hardware complies.
No drone current on the market does or can comply.
2020-7-13
Use props
djiuser_9YDUGHlRbIdD
lvl.3
United States

Flygmaskin Posted at 7-11 07:14
Thank you for this much appreciated firmware upgrade which is making a good product even better!

I have a couple of questions which I hope could be answered.

Will this firmware update affect the range while flying with DJI Goggles, or will the goggles limit the maximum range to the maximum range in the former firmware?

My 'pet rock goggles RE' what to know!
2020-7-13
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

I never go for max distances, but I fly from my yard quite frequently and know exactly where I can go before losing signal.  There are two specific spots (different directions) where in the past I've always lost signal.  With this new update, I was able to go past each of those spots while maintaining signal.  My M2P now matches the capabilities of the my MA2 when it comes to the signal strength.  Glad to see the update!
2020-7-13
Use props
DH_Pilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3301621 ft
  • >>>
Slovakia

Today I performed measurement with RF power meter for both old and new firmware and numbers for 2,4GHz and 5,8GHz are pretty much nearly the same. Everytime I uses custom setting and specific fixed frequency value during measurements. Values are pretty simillar I could even say that 510 firmware have maybe little bit more RF power but it is only in scale measurement discrepancy.
2020-7-13
Use props
SPOILERS
lvl.2
Flight distance : 91188 ft

Spain

Same problems,,, battery at 98% and lost the Mavic conecction at 300 meters
2020-7-14
Use props
SPOILERS
lvl.2
Flight distance : 91188 ft

Spain

Droning 24/7 Posted at 7-12 06:44
Hmmmm, I was wondering about this 2km "max transmission increase", thinking there's a fox in the henhouse, don't think I'm taking the bait.

This FW update probably has some extra's undisclosed  goodies I don't need nor want.

maybe a previous obsolescence firm....
2020-7-14
Use props
S.J
lvl.4
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Kuwait

RK7dronzy Posted at 7-8 07:09
Sorry but what good is this update. Encourage people to fly even further away illegally in eu, uk and usa, or will that create more crashes when they run out of power. Never had any issues with the gimble. Now the batteries will start ruuning flat after 2 days which means my third batt will always need recharging , if using one a day as i do. Never had problem with controller in cold weather. Where is the 4k at 60 frames a sec and better resolution in the hyperlapse. It seems to me that dji have ignored all the complaints in this forum over the last year. Rant over.

I agree to your points.  Also with the latest transmission range extension, how much toll will it take on the flight time.  Somebody got to test this physically .  
2020-7-14
Use props
S.J
lvl.4
Kuwait

fansd125305f Posted at 7-9 05:59
Just a pity that APAS is still not working.

what you mean APAS is not working.  This is the USP of this drone !!
2020-7-14
Use props
S.J
lvl.4
Kuwait

akozc Posted at 7-12 21:20
I physically couldn't  see any difference from the point of extended flight distance (@EC mode in my case)
Before the update, my max flight distance was normally 1-1.5km  at the edge of the city shoreline with average scale polluted WIFI signal emitted from the city.
After the update, I again took off almost at same location and when  my drone reached to 1km distance , has started sending the low signal or low transmission warning messages.

I think FCC/ CE Tx  extended range may be applicable  when you apply way points to your drone application where up to 6KM/ 10KM distance is possible.
2020-7-14
Use props
S.J
lvl.4
Kuwait

djiuser_mqd492LOfJHx Posted at 7-9 16:30
Hello,

I want to buy a MAVIC 2 PRO but I live in France (Europe) and the law prohibits the use of this drone as long as it is not equipped with a remote identification system.

Can you tell me which drone uses the electronic ID unit ? Is there any link for this remote ID unit .

thank you
2020-7-14
Use props
S.J
lvl.4
Kuwait

Droning 24/7 Posted at 7-12 06:44
Hmmmm, I was wondering about this 2km "max transmission increase", thinking there's a fox in the henhouse, don't think I'm taking the bait.

This FW update probably has some extra's undisclosed  goodies I don't need nor want.

I remember  had to suffer the same with my SPARK and finally had to replace my main board due to a schedule update !!
2020-7-14
Use props
Mavic57pro2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3772247 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

S.J Posted at 7-14 08:43
what you mean APAS is not working.  This is the USP of this drone !!

APAS works for me as it did before the firmware update, no issues.
2020-7-14
Use props
KDP +
lvl.4
Flight distance : 947930 ft
Belgium

Updated my M2P.... during first test flight, no problems were discovered.
2020-7-14
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

The new firmware and the Yagi attachment mod made it where I can just go far enough to get a distance shot that I need.  I don't need to go out any further but before the update and the mod, I would lose total signal from strong interference even on 2.4GHz.  Now 2.4GHz is mostly solid.
2020-7-14
Use props
S.J
lvl.4
Kuwait

AntDX316 Posted at 7-14 12:25
The new firmware and the Yagi attachment mod made it where I can just go far enough to get a distance shot that I need.  I don't need to go out any further but before the update and the mod, I would lose total signal from strong interference even on 2.4GHz.  Now 2.4GHz is mostly solid.

how many km did you travel with Yagi antenna.  Any pic available.
2020-7-14
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

S.J Posted at 7-14 13:01
how many km did you travel with Yagi antenna.  Any pic available.

Furthest out was like 700m in Suburban (POI orbit) but was getting Remote Strong Interference alerts so didn't go out further at 2.4GHz.  When I get strong Interference on Auto and I assume at 5.8GHz it just greys out (even super close).  At least with 2.4GHz, I get some sort of warning.  I got the M2Z at 1.2km on Auto but that was years ago.  M2Z still gives me a better signal range than both M2Ps.  I really don't want to go out far but some shots require it.  If I can't go out further I just take 3 shots with no less than 75% overlap then photo-merge the pano (crop if needed)

I haven't tried w/o the Yagis on the new firmware (though, for some reason it says it Has .670 already installed even though I've never turned it on at July 7th and later, I think the latest was June 30th? firmware refreshed twice to ensure a good update).  I was in a situation with the previous firmware, no yagi that at 350m in the same area I was getting a signal cut out.  At least with 2.4GHz, new update, Yagi I was getting a clean signal with a few occasional hiccups but nothing too crazy.  At least it works.

I got to 1.8KM+ along the beach at night w/o issue.  Before, was having plenty of issues close-up but this was w/ the previous M2P.  I don't really run scientific controlled testing.  Someone showed 3 dbi gain with Yagis so it must work.  If you can just get enough penetration to have feed and control, imo it's a win.  When it greys out but you still have telemetry it can be nerve-racking.  I had the Smart Controller crash on me (grey screen then app crash after a few minutes) and I wasn't even too far when it greyed out.  RTH worked beautifully.  I ran to the location where it was signal lost then went back and saw it was there where it took off.

I assume they've allowed more signal performance because of the strong interference caused by Everybody going powerful wifi will cause more problems than keeping it at a lower wattage?
2020-7-14
Use props
anto noprianto
lvl.1

Indonesia

so sad after the upgrade my mavic 2 pro the range between aircraft and the remotw is only 30 cm, and then the remote had notif No Rc signal, im also downgrade and upgrage repeatly but the result is the same...please DJI help me
2020-7-16
Use props
DH_Pilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3301621 ft
  • >>>
Slovakia

anto noprianto Posted at 7-16 02:01
so sad after the upgrade my mavic 2 pro the range between aircraft and the remotw is only 30 cm, and then the remote had notif No Rc signal, im also downgrade and upgrage repeatly but the result is the same...please DJI help me

Try to re-link RC and AC after upgrade, maybe that will help.
2020-7-16
Use props
KDP +
lvl.4
Flight distance : 947930 ft
Belgium

Maybe a hint : I always perform the firmware-updates without memory cards in the M2P and SC.
2020-7-16
Use props
fans18d204c5
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2949393 ft
  • >>>
United States

wxperson Posted at 7-7 11:32
why would you assume that?  I am new to the smart controller and MP2.  

It did prompt me to install this update while using the smart controller

Same here. It updated the controller while it was updating the firmware.  I did the ota update and it worked perfectly.  
2020-7-16
Use props
icelotgmail.com
lvl.1

United States

I am very disappointed in DJI products, softwares and technical support. At this point all updates and softwares are failed . Technical support by phone/online does not resolve any issues and the technicians barely know what they are talking about. I recently bought my Mavic  2 pro and it worked perfectly before the recent update. After updating my drone and RC stop working. Computer software also has major issues. RC does not connect to app and after one use the app does not open, and need to uninstall and install again. I tried everything: restart , downgrade, install, uninstalled, different phones, computers- nothing is working. And now after DJI made failed update , they want to charge about $150 for diagnostic and possible repair. That’s beyond fair!!! Does anyone has the similar
2020-7-16
Use props
icelotgmail.com
lvl.1

United States

I am very disappointed in DJI products, softwares and technical support. At this point all updates and softwares are failed . Technical support by phone/online does not resolve any issues and the technicians barely know what they are talking about. I recently bought my Mavic  2 pro and it worked perfectly before the recent update. After updating my drone and RC stop working. Computer software also has major issues. RC does not connect to app and after one use the app does not open, and need to uninstall and install again. I tried everything: restart , downgrade, install, uninstalled, different phones, computers- nothing is working. And now after DJI made failed update , they want to charge about $150 for diagnostic and possible repair. That’s beyond fair!!! Does anyone has the similar
2020-7-16
Use props
icelotgmail.com
lvl.1

United States

2020-7-16
Use props
icelotgmail.com
lvl.1

United States

Very disappointing in this update. My Mavic 2 has major issues with the gimbal and Imu callibrsti
2020-7-16
Use props
icelotgmail.com
lvl.1

United States

Very disappointing in this update. My Mavic 2 has major issues with the gimbal and Imu calibration after update. Technical support does not resolve the issue and send me to repair . Does anyone have the similar problem with the update?
2020-7-16
Use props
JohnDG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Belgium

icelotgmail.com Posted at 7-16 20:11
Very disappointing in this update. My Mavic 2 has major issues with the gimbal and Imu calibration after update. Technical support does not resolve the issue and send me to repair . Does anyone have the similar problem with the update?

No. Everything works fine. Updated using the Assistent 2 program on a pc. Afterwarts updated all my batteries one by one. The only thing it asked for was a compass recalibration.
Had a couple of flights after the firmware update and all went well.
2020-7-16
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

So far my connection seems more stable since the update,  certainly less choppiness in the video feed.
2020-7-17
Use props
kopterbird
lvl.2
Flight distance : 193091 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Is there a new firmware again? 01.00.700?!
2020-7-17
Use props
S.J
lvl.4
Kuwait

icelotgmail.com Posted at 7-16 20:07
I am very disappointed in DJI products, softwares and technical support. At this point all updates and softwares are failed . Technical support by phone/online does not resolve any issues and the technicians barely know what they are talking about. I recently bought my Mavic  2 pro and it worked perfectly before the recent update. After updating my drone and RC stop working. Computer software also has major issues. RC does not connect to app and after one use the app does not open, and need to uninstall and install again. I tried everything: restart , downgrade, install, uninstalled, different phones, computers- nothing is working. And now after DJI made failed update , they want to charge about $150 for diagnostic and possible repair. That’s beyond fair!!! Does anyone has the similar

just need to reinstall your firmware again.  Also you could do a previous firmware version through the DJI assistant 2
2020-7-17
Use props
djiuser_7ReeNXjGAj5C
New
Ecuador

I’ve been trying to update firmware but I keep getting the same error, the rc has been updated to the latest firmware but I can’t update my mavic 2 pro.
What can I do?
2020-7-18
Use props
akozc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2019951 ft
Macao

djiuser_7ReeNXjGAj5C Posted at 7-18 12:00
I’ve been trying to update firmware but I keep getting the same error, the rc has been updated to the latest firmware but I can’t update my mavic 2 pro.
What can I do?

if you haven't already , try DJI Assist to update .
You need to connect your drone with usb to the computer where your dji assist running.
2020-7-18
Use props
Dronie2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1336365 ft
Spain

According to DJI, you should connect your drone with a USB cable to your computer (of course, with a battery fully charged.)
Then, turn your drone on and launch DJI Assistant 2.
2020-7-19
Use props
GlynH
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1762336 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Well I’ve just updated to .670 via the SmartController with no issues which is a first for me!

Well probably not THE first time but it sure feels like it what with all the issues I’ve had in the past.

No mismatch reported on any of my 4 batteries I’ve cycled 3 times now although only the one that was in when the firmware was updated had changed from 5 days to 2 days discharge time?

I’ve only put the drone up to 150 feet directly above my property to check things are OK and apart from the usual trick of having to re-eneable the trick flight modes and change my RTH height from 30m to 50m everything else seems OK.

It’s even remembered the ID I gave the drone which is my CAA Operator ID which never seemed to stick before although that could have been the last update that sorted that.

I need to take it out and give it a proper try as my faith in both drone & DJI is still at an all-time low after all the issues I have experienced since my original drone was replaced under DJI Care Refresh.

-=Glyn=-
2020-7-19
Use props
djiuser_7ReeNXjGAj5C
New
Ecuador

Dronie2 Posted at 7-19 06:18
According to DJI, you should connect your drone with a USB cable to your computer (of course, with a battery fully charged.)
Then, turn your drone on and launch DJI Assistant 2.

No luck with that either, it only goes up to 23% and then get the same error every time
2020-7-19
Use props
MauroT
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16041247 ft
  • >>>
Italy

icelotgmail.com Posted at 7-16 20:11

I have updated my mavic 2 zoom via DJI Assistant 2. I didn't find any problems.
I updated my mavic 2 pro via DJI Go 4 and Iphone .
Then by connecting the smartcontroller (connected to the internet), while inserting a new battery I gave the message of inconsistency firmware drone battery and proceeded as requested to the update.
Have you updated all the batteries? (after the first update if you put a different battery you should see (if you are connected to the internet), the message "firmware inconsistent between drone and battery, update".
(I noticed that this warning appears only if you are connected to the internet, otherwise no)

2020-7-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules