New Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom Firmware Released (07/07/2020)
46908 195 2020-7-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Celtic Shadows
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4144 ft
United Kingdom

Anyone else with connection issues with the Smart Controller and a Mavic 2 Pro? I did about three updates on SC which also updated the drone (it's the first time it's been powered on since Jan), but since the updates it doesn't always connect automatically unless I restart the controller? It seems intermittent and I've not been able to replicate the fault to determine what's going on, but it's usually if I start the drone first then the SC rather the other way around. The updates went through with no issues, and all batteries are OK. The drone/controller worked fine back in Jan.

Thanks.
2020-7-20
Use props
TVOD
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1680082 ft
United Kingdom

KlooGee Posted at 7-13 11:55
I never go for max distances, but I fly from my yard quite frequently and know exactly where I can go before losing signal.  There are two specific spots (different directions) where in the past I've always lost signal.  With this new update, I was able to go past each of those spots while maintaining signal.  My M2P now matches the capabilities of the my MA2 when it comes to the signal strength.  Glad to see the update!

HI KlooGee, was that with a standard controller or a smart controller? I was using a smart Controller and did not notice any difference in range, as i remember when I updated the Mavic 2 before i got the Smart controller an update was applied to the controller at the same time as the drone?
2020-7-20
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

TVOD Posted at 7-20 06:57
HI KlooGee, was that with a standard controller or a smart controller? I was using a smart Controller and did not notice any difference in range, as i remember when I updated the Mavic 2 before i got the Smart controller an update was applied to the controller at the same time as the drone?

That was with the Smart Controller.
2020-7-20
Use props
icelotgmail.com
lvl.1

United States

Thank you! I did update all my batteries and I still have the same problems “sys warnings , gimbal cannot receive data and not connected to the controller “
2020-7-20
Use props
icelotgmail.com
lvl.1

United States

S.J Posted at 7-17 03:54
just need to reinstall your firmware again.  Also you could do a previous firmware version through the DJI assistant 2

Thanks! I did several times, upgrade, downgrade  but the system warnings don’t go away. I have “ gimbal cannot receive controller  data   and imu calibration requires “ . When you proceed to calibrate the it freezes on the 2 nd part.
2020-7-20
Use props
icelotgmail.com
lvl.1

United States

JohnDG Posted at 7-16 23:47
No. Everything works fine. Updated using the Assistent 2 program on a pc. Afterwarts updated all my batteries one by one. The only thing it asked for was a compass recalibration.
Had a couple of flights after the firmware update and all went well.

Thanks! Glad you had no issues. What Mavic did you update?
2020-7-20
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Belgium

icelotgmail.com Posted at 7-20 11:24
Thanks! Glad you had no issues. What Mavic did you update?

a Mavic 2 Pro
2020-7-20
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Updated my Mavic 2 pro and all went smoothly regarding the firmware. I feel that these DJI major updates like in the past have more changes to our drone hardware than what is said in the description. I noticed that my NFZ were changed in this new update and I am sure more things happened that they didn't tell us that will be implemented down the road.  I understand the manufacture has to provide a safe device that can be used in a lawful manner but DJI continues to lock the user out of the process.  Really don't need the 10km range, but a better signal is always nice to have in a noisy environment...

For this reason, I have been selling my DJI products and will be limiting my purchases in the future. All I can say is this a wonderful hobby and the creators should be allowed to manage their own aircraft.. Not Big Brother

Rich
2020-7-20
Use props
akozc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2019951 ft
Macao

done another test (SC+ M2P ) this time got a better signal strength although never flew as far as 6KM  but in 2KM range signal was rock solid,  which was not at all same in earlier version.
2020-7-21
Use props
djiuser_9YDUGHlRbIdD
lvl.3
United States

Finally installed the update, tried to fly my 'cow watch' and couldn't. Device would not allow me to fly up the side of the mountain and speed limited to 30mph. Down graded to previous firmware and discovered the same issues. Walked through the settings and modified everything needed to make the device usable then upgraded to the new firmware, again. I'm still having issues with the focus, the camera focuses on items around the take-off pad but doesn't refocus when I reach flying height, I have to remember to manually refocus.
2020-7-21
Use props
djiuser_y6mAPSolIDog
New

Spain

icelotgmail.com Posted at 7-16 20:11
Very disappointing in this update. My Mavic 2 has major issues with the gimbal and Imu calibration after update. Technical support does not resolve the issue and send me to repair . Does anyone have the similar problem with the update?

Yes, same issues. Gimbal calibration won't complete getting stuck at 20% and overloading it. Then overheating chip and processor forces aircraft to be disconnected. Had to downgrade
2020-7-23
Use props
Mullheliflier
First Officer
Flight distance : 12305135 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

All went fine with my Pro and Zoom through the app. I calibrated the gimbals on both without any problems. I will fly them tomorrow, weather permitting.
2020-7-24
Use props
martin.grosymail.com
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1017871 ft
Canada

Hi,
After updating to the new firmware I started to have glitches in my video and picture dng files.
I posted about the issue here : https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=221029
I will do further testing but I advice everybody to do proper testing prior to a shoot.
Still looking for some info from other users or DJI support.

Cheers.
2020-7-24
Use props
djiuser_CXKVapu
lvl.2
Flight distance : 41598 ft
United States

How often does DJI release firmware updates?  also, do they ever update the DJI FLY iphone app?
2020-7-24
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

Anyone else notice a smoother gimbal performance w/ the new update?  It looks like Inspire 2 footage..  Amazing to get such quality w/ no Jello.
2020-7-26
Use props
romko1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3904 ft
Slovakia

Hi everybody,

I updated the FW on my M2P via the DJI GO application in 4.3.7 (after updating the application it required an FW update).
Maximum disappointment after the first flight

Proof:
    Flight time         Altitude         Home Dist         Type         Notification
F      01m 52s        38.4 m        157 m        Data Loss        Downlink data connection lost for 5.1 seconds
G        01m 55s        38.3 m        158 m        Data Loss        Downlink data connection lost for 3 seconds
H        02m 06s        38.2 m        158 m        Data Loss        Downlink data connection lost for 9.9 seconds
I        02m 19s        40.9 m        181 m        Data Loss        Downlink data connection lost for 13.6 seconds
J        02m 24s        41.1 m        183 m        Data Loss        Downlink data connection lost for 4.6 seconds

Flight time                Altitude                            Home Distance         Minor Signal
                                                                                       Errors        Calculated Signal
D        02m 06s                38.2 m                                       158 m        185.5        0%
E        02m 30s          41.1 m                                       183 m        179.8        0%

For American colleagues max. distance: 183 m = 610 feet.

For unbelievers, the rc controller was not stored in an anti-nuclear shelter, but in a free space. ...-... and BIG ...... Maximum disappointment....

On the second flight it was a bit better, but I didn't have DJI goggles RE attached to the drone.

Why is my expensive and complicated drone, which after approx. 200m loses signal?

Someone wrote here that after connecting the smartphone to the controller, the application will not start. I also met with that ... only the replacement of the remote control helped.

2020-7-29
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
France

I've held off from performing this update for a few weeks, to see what comments appeared - any problems experienced, etc.  SO yesterday evening, decided to go with it and do the updates.  Took about 15 minutes all in all.  Just been out for a test flight, and everything seems fine (2 batteries-worth of flying and using different modes). Only required a compass re-calibration first off. Then all went well. From an elevated position, with all-round visibility, I was able to fly the Mavic2Zoom out to 1.6 Kms before I got the warning of potential loss of signal.  That's plenty distance for me. I was able to watch the drone until it was no more than a speck in the sky, clearly visible against the clouds. No sooner did I take my eye off it to look at the screen, than I was unable to re-acquire a sight of it, of course. Once it dropped below my sightline ( a field of corn 2m high) I started to get the warning signals.  All other aspects of the flight went without a hitch. No gimbal problems or other anomalies.  I am quite happy with how things went.
2020-8-1
Use props
ahmed_H
lvl.1
Flight distance : 12579 ft
Canada

Dear Support : I have flown my newly bought DJI mavic 2 pro after doing all the due diligence setting up RTH, Dual Band, Antennas as guided in official DJI videos, clear VLOS, however when i performed Way point 2.0 A, B, and C points - after just 300 meters my drone had weak signal and when it started moving towards point B it lost the connection and message AIRCRAFT DISCONNECTED - it complete the mission when the drone reached Way point C - the signal restored and was hover right on top of my Head at 70M and preparing to land - this was episode 1 experience. Second time it happened yesterday again same thing but in different location define same three points in clear VLOS location - after 350Meters weak signal - I am not sure what to do now - my buddy had Mavic air 2 he flown to 1100 Meters without any issue and capture astounding footage - this leaves me de-motivated with DJI's mavic 2 pro agility and resiliance. Please guide if there are any work around. ALSO my remote controller says CE also Drone says CE - does it mean I am not using the full power of FCC ? I am from Ontario Canada. Please guide. I have Aircraft Firmware: v01.00.0670,  DJI GO 4 App Android: v4.3.37
2020-8-2
Use props
EdisonW1979
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1535679 ft
Canada

So I just installed the update to my M2P and associated controller and batteries yesterday via DJI Assistant, and all went smoothly, and decided to take it for a test flight into two spots that I know cause signal interference (urban area) to see if there were any issues / differences.

In spot one, this time the drone lost all signal MUCH more rapidly than before, and at closer distances, but thankfully did an automated RTH as indented and re-established a signal. To note, I have NEVER experienced a full signal loss with my M2P before, EVER.

In spot two, this time the drone actually had BETTER signal and reception than previous flights, so a very perplexing result.

Another item of note, my gimbal now has a yaw of a few degrees to the left, even after auto re-calibration. This can be seen by looking straight down at the drone; I can see the front of the lens is out of alignment with the front nose.

I’m going to try re-installing the firmware again, and see if this gets corrected, but it has raised my apprehension about this drone for the first time. It’s always been a 100% performer in the skies until now.
2020-8-2
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

EdisonW1979 Posted at 8-2 12:39
So I just installed the update to my M2P and associated controller and batteries yesterday via DJI Assistant, and all went smoothly, and decided to take it for a test flight into two spots that I know cause signal interference (urban area) to see if there were any issues / differences.

In spot one, this time the drone lost all signal MUCH more rapidly than before, and at closer distances, but thankfully did an automated RTH as indented and re-established a signal. To note, I have NEVER experienced a full signal loss with my M2P before, EVER.

You need Yagis and when you lose signal you need to switch to 2.4 or 5.8 instead of duals.  It depends on the area where the interference is.  Sometimes 5.8 is better sometimes 2.4 but not every time 2.4 is better.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0895XJPJX

After the update and w/ the Yagis I can go out 700m w/o too much of an issue but the signal can get a bit sketchy.  Before, even just going 400m out would cause problems.  Urban POI is important and those long distance shots w/o going out too far so it doesn't ruin the comp impresses clients.  I haven't tried it w/ the new Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 update but w/o the FCC Boost mod there is no way to fly far out w/o losing signal.
2020-8-5
Use props
EdisonW1979
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1535679 ft
Canada

AntDX316 Posted at 8-5 21:55
You need Yagis and when you lose signal you need to switch to 2.4 or 5.8 instead of duals.  It depends on the area where the interference is.  Sometimes 5.8 is better sometimes 2.4 but not every time 2.4 is better.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0895XJPJX

Thanks for the tip! I actually already have something similar to the Yagi's for my M2P, and do use them when having to fly in urban centres, but with this new FW I find I need to use them more than before, but only in some areas, too weird...
2020-8-6
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

EdisonW1979 Posted at 8-6 10:57
Thanks for the tip! I actually already have something similar to the Yagi's for my M2P, and do use them when having to fly in urban centres, but with this new FW I find I need to use them more than before, but only in some areas, too weird...

I was losing signal too at times on 5.8 so I have to switch.  Sometimes it happens on 2.4 but not as a total signal loss like 5.8.  It could be tapping into a signal that has a lot of interference further away but looks clean now.  As long as it's smooth enough or the telemetry keeps coming in but greying out, it's fine.
2020-8-6
Use props
Doctor Adorable
lvl.1

Russia

Oh my God, how good it is!
2020-8-9
Use props
djiuser_OXbcYw0RBHt0
lvl.1

Switzerland

SkyEye21 Posted at 7-12 11:47
Firmware Update (CAUSES COMPLETE LOSS OF CONTROL).  Drone was 20 Meters & 100 Meters from me losing complete control with extreme yawing to the right and left by 35 degree.  Firmware was updated using the DJI APP

I had the exact same problem...resulting in a crash into salt water. it seemed the drone didn`t accept any commands anymore...
2020-8-9
Use props
djiuser_OXbcYw0RBHt0
lvl.1

Switzerland

SkyEye21 Posted at 7-12 11:47
Firmware Update (CAUSES COMPLETE LOSS OF CONTROL).  Drone was 20 Meters & 100 Meters from me losing complete control with extreme yawing to the right and left by 35 degree.  Firmware was updated using the DJI APP

I had the exact same problem resulting complete loss and crash of the drone into saltwater.
Before that firmware the drone was super stable....now totally instable and seemed not to accept any commands.

The drone arrived in Netherlands today and I really hope they repair / exchange it on warranty, since I am not the only one with this problem.

CAS ID: CAS-4667225-W2T3F0
2020-8-9
Use props
Technik21
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Just updated my Mavic 2 Pro  firmware to V01.00.670 today, that went well, but my standard controller doesn't update.

When I plug it in within DJi Assistant, it shows as currently having V01.00.0510, and the upgrade option to 670 is there.
It goes through the upgrade process and completes at 100% successfully, but if I then switch the controller off then on and plug it back in, the DJi Assistant still shows the current version as 0510, with the upgrade button to 0670 available again.

I've tried several times, by closing down DJi Assistant and powering off the controller, but the update is still showing as needed, even though the previous update says it was successful.

I did notice after plugging the USB cable from the controller, the icon that popped up in Dji Assistant said Mavic Pro Orange ?? I'm sure it used to say Controller previously.

Not tried to fly yet, so can't confirm the controller is working correctly (if it will with the old firmware version)

Has anyone experienced the same ?

Thanks All
2020-8-10
Use props
CanonMax
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8953215 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Technik21 Posted at 8-10 02:31
Just updated my Mavic 2 Pro  firmware to V01.00.670 today, that went well, but my standard controller doesn't update.

When I plug it in within DJi Assistant, it shows as currently having V01.00.0510, and the upgrade option to 670 is there.

Silly question, maybe, but did you wait long enough? How’s the situation at the moment? Did you make a TestFlight yet?
Take care, Max
2020-8-10
Use props
Technik21
lvl.1
United Kingdom

CanonMax Posted at 8-10 04:34
Silly question, maybe, but did you wait long enough? How’s the situation at the moment? Did you make a TestFlight yet?
Take care, Max

@CanonMax

I went to try a test flight, and the DJi app updated the controller firmware. So it's now up to date.

Checked again on the DJi Assistant, and now showing as updated.

So all good.

Thanks...
2020-8-10
Use props
fanse3badb5d
lvl.2
Flight distance : 836319 ft
United Kingdom

Felix Le Chat Posted at 7-9 03:40
The new regulation will be Europe-wide and affect use of airspace by UAV's not carrying the correct hardware. New release Mavic Air 2 Drones sold in the USA were fitted with the avoidance hardware to be FAA compliant. New release Mavic Air 2's sold in Europe were not fitted with the same module. December 31st 2020 is when the Euro Regulation comes into effect. All drones must comply with classification system in order to be awarded a C0: C1: C2: C3 or C4 certification. If you want the complete picture: search out and download:
"Easy Access Rules for Unmanned Aircraft Systems (Regulations (EU) 2019/947 and (EU) 2019/945)"

Can still be flown as a legacy drone,  so your not actually correct
2020-8-12
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

romko1 Posted at 7-29 09:00
Hi everybody,

I updated the FW on my M2P via the DJI GO application in 4.3.7 (after updating the application it required an FW update).

You need to change the frequency from 5.8 or to 2.4 from Dual.  Also installing Yagis can improve the distance by forcing the signal to hit your drone instead of taking the other signals from the area.
2020-8-12
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

If you guys are having problems with your drones not sitting still, you need to RMA.  FW probably won't fix it.  Gimbal horizon issues when sliding won't be fixed with a FW update.  Some drones leave the factory w/ issues so to point them out so DJI can correct them is better than keep it.  If you lose your drone over traffic that causes critical injuries and deaths from pileups or it causes a massive state fire they will lose potential sales from regulation as well as you losing your drone and potentially having a huge lawsuit considering you didn't die from what has transpired.
2020-8-12
Use props
Ricardo Ghion
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1042037 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

Updated and everything ok, I felt great improvements in video transmission
2020-8-17
Use props
smirnoff9969
Second Officer
Flight distance : 582776 ft
Croatia

I just made this update...tomorrow will be test flight..never had any problems with updateds on previous models (phantom 3, mavic air)...hope this will be OK
2020-8-17
Use props
JohnnieYaz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5137874 ft
  • >>>
United States

Herdlaw Posted at 7-9 21:15
I have updated the firmware and now getting Gimbal Overload errors.  Tried gimbal calibration twice and problem not resolved.  Had to downgrade to v01.00.0510 for gimbal errors to stop.  Now working perfectly with v01.00.0510

maybe a fluke.. try again?
2020-8-17
Use props
smirnoff9969
Second Officer
Flight distance : 582776 ft
Croatia

I tested today with a quick flight...it seems fine, but tomorrow I`m going on a trip where I` ll be need Mavic 2 for filming different scenarios. Then we shall see!
in case I notice some bugs - how to roll back to previous FW ?  any software needed?
2020-8-18
Use props
Ricardo Ghion
Second Officer
  • >>>
Brazil

AntDX316 Posted at 8-12 20:18
You need to change the frequency from 5.8 or to 2.4 from Dual.  Also installing Yagis can improve the distance by forcing the signal to hit your drone instead of taking the other signals from the area.

what is this yagis?
2020-8-19
Use props
Ricardo Ghion
Second Officer
  • >>>
Brazil

I did other tests and I'm losing the signal with 2.4 in 10 meters, practically only 5.8 is working. Intelligent controller use
2020-8-19
Use props
Ricardo Ghion
Second Officer
  • >>>
Brazil

Downgrade now!!!
2020-8-19
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer