Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Remote Control Display Blanked
165 7 7-7 08:00
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
videoeditman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 19951 ft
United States

A few days ago while flying my Phone display went blank. It was not a phone reboot it came back after a few seconds but came to the initial DJI Fly Screen. Once that came up I pressed connect to Aircraft. Within a few seconds everything was back to normal. It was definely a bit scary when the screen blanked, I wasn't sure what to do. I let go of the joysticks  hopefully allowing it to stay where it was. Has anyone had this happen? Any ideas of what to do? Thanks!
7-7 08:00
Use props
Karl K
lvl.2

United States

It sounds like the app simply stopped (crashed) and your phone restarted it. Either that, or some other app tried to pop up in the foreground, but failed, and you were taken back to the DJI app, which often comes up at the start screen when task-switching.
7-7 08:19
Use props
David Geens
lvl.2
Belgium

Here in Belgium it was yesterday not a good day to fly.
The geomagnetic storm index was 3 Kp.  ( Do'( fly above the 3 Kp)
Maybe this could be a cause ?
7-7 09:22
Use props
Karl K
lvl.2

United States

David Geens Posted at 7-7 09:22
Here in Belgium it was yesterday not a good day to fly.
The geomagnetic storm index was 3 Kp.  ( Do'( fly above the 3 Kp)
Maybe this could be a cause ?

David, I don't see why that would have restarted the DJI Fly app.
7-7 10:13
Use props
videoeditman
lvl.4
United States

Karl K Posted at 7-7 08:19
It sounds like the app simply stopped (crashed) and your phone restarted it. Either that, or some other app tried to pop up in the foreground, but failed, and you were taken back to the DJI app, which often comes up at the start screen when task-switching.

Karl, sounds like a reasonable possibility. I just wanted to make sure this was not a widespread issue. Nothing happened other than panic for a few seconds! Thanks!
7-7 10:31
Use props
GaryDoug
Captain
Flight distance : 258688 ft
United States

It sounds like something overloaded the app and it faulted. That has happened to be a couple of times using a tablet with my MA2 when flying in Sport mode at full speed, shooting 4k, and caching the video. I turned off the caching and it never happened again. Instead, I just now use the screen recorder app.
7-7 18:04
Use props
DJI Stephen
Super Moderator

Hello there videoeditman. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we know what is the model of the mobile device you are using please and can you please try to fly your DJI Mavic Mini to a different location to see if the issue will still persist? Thank you.
7-7 20:55
Use props
videoeditman
lvl.4
United States

DJI Stephen, I am using a Samsung Galaxy S10e. I have 30 flights and about 3 hours. It only has happened once, I might not have remembered to put the Phone in Airplane mode that time? I also flew the Mavic Mini 3 times that day at the same general location.
Thank you!
7-8 11:47
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules