Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
MAVIC AIR 2 signal problem
3964 14 2020-7-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mhgutierrez
lvl.1

Spain

Hi, I'm new to the world of drones. I have a problem with the drone signal icon, inside the DJI Fly application. The icon that indicated the signal of the drone (it resembles that of Wifi) has been changed to one that says "RC" and I don't know why it is. Can someone please help me? Thank you
photo5775928245533914138.jpg
2020-7-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Its your radio signal, so from RC to Craft, so treat i5 lik3 that, it also turns orange when signal is low almost telling you to position your RC to receive correct signal .
2020-7-7
Use props
mhgutierrez
lvl.1

Spain

hallmark007 Posted at 7-7 10:34
Its your radio signal, so from RC to Craft, so treat i5 lik3 that, it also turns orange when signal is low almost telling you to position your RC to receive correct signal .

Thanks for your answer, but the problem is, with that icon, I am having some small disconnections at short distances. I think the problem is there and I don't know why, the icon has been changed ...
2020-7-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

mhgutierrez Posted at 7-7 10:37
Thanks for your answer, but the problem is, with that icon, I am having some small disconnections at short distances. I think the problem is there and I don't know why, the icon has been changed ...

I think if it was something to do with change then we would see more of it. It could be something to do with your set up. It has been recommended that you switch your device to airplane mode before flying, I have noticed a difference in this myself also how you align antennas with craft, as I don’t know what your setup is this is best advice I can give you.
2020-7-7
Use props
MisterFrag
lvl.4
Flight distance : 603143 ft
United States

The addition of the "RC" is just cosmetic and is intended to clarify that it is the Remote Control signal strength, i.e. the connection between the controller and the drone.

When are you losing the signal? What is the distance between your controller and the drone, and are you keeping the antenna pointed in the direction of the MA2?
2020-7-7
Use props
mhgutierrez
lvl.1

Spain

MisterFrag Posted at 7-7 11:15
The addition of the "RC" is just cosmetic and is intended to clarify that it is the Remote Control signal strength, i.e. the connection between the controller and the drone.

When are you losing the signal? What is the distance between your controller and the drone, and are you keeping the antenna pointed in the direction of the MA2?

Thanks for your answer. Yes, I understand that indicates that it is the connection between the drone and the control stick. But it is strange to me, that the icon that the signal should indicate to me, is not that ... The distance at which I have had problems has been around 200m-300m (and that the drone holds 10km)
2020-7-7
Use props
Legatus
lvl.1
United States

mhgutierrez Posted at 7-7 11:53
Thanks for your answer. Yes, I understand that indicates that it is the connection between the drone and the control stick. But it is strange to me, that the icon that the signal should indicate to me, is not that ... The distance at which I have had problems has been around 200m-300m (and that the drone holds 10km)

I have had a similar experience with my MA2. I can get out to about 700M~ before I drop to 2-3 (orange) bars. I've tried refreshing firmware, re-calibrating everything, facing the drone, and turning on airplane mode on my drone. I mainly fly in a suburb that should have little interference. I don't know why the signal performance is only a fraction of what is advertised... even with sub-optimal conditions I would think it should do better.

One thing to mention- I happen to be in a limited flying zone and can only go up to 120M in height. I'm wondering how much further I could go if I could go higher up... I have not tested that yet.

Any ideas?
2020-7-7
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there mhgutierrez. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have shared with us. In addition to these the signal between the DJI Mavic Air 2 and the remote controller is most reliable when the antennas are positioned in relation to the said drone as depicted below. Thank you.

2020-7-7
Use props
M4cr0s
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1404308 ft
Norway

Legatus Posted at 7-7 18:15
I have had a similar experience with my MA2. I can get out to about 700M~ before I drop to 2-3 (orange) bars. I've tried refreshing firmware, re-calibrating everything, facing the drone, and turning on airplane mode on my drone. I mainly fly in a suburb that should have little interference. I don't know why the signal performance is only a fraction of what is advertised... even with sub-optimal conditions I would think it should do better.

One thing to mention- I happen to be in a limited flying zone and can only go up to 120M in height. I'm wondering how much further I could go if I could go higher up... I have not tested that yet.

My EU-version tends to drop to ~3 bars of signal and go orange pretty early, but it stays that way for a long, long distance. I've had it out to 5km without any issues.

On the other hand I've had actual dropouts with a different smartphone at very short distances, even with decent LOS. Screen goes black and I get thrown to the "dashboard" of the app, before it reconnects. Not sure what causes it, but I suspect an issue with that specific phone. This have been with said phone in airplane mode.
2020-7-7
Use props
mhgutierrez
lvl.1

Spain

DJI Stephen Posted at 7-7 21:44
Hello there mhgutierrez. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have shared with us. In addition to these the signal between the DJI Mavic Air 2 and the remote controller is most reliable when the antennas are positioned in relation to the said drone as depicted below. Thank you.

[view_image]

Thanks for the information, but I do correctly what you tell me with that image. The problem is that the indication of the drone signal has disappeared from the screen of the Dji fly app or has been changed by the icon shown above.
2020-7-8
Use props
mhgutierrez
lvl.1

Spain

Legatus Posted at 7-7 18:15
I have had a similar experience with my MA2. I can get out to about 700M~ before I drop to 2-3 (orange) bars. I've tried refreshing firmware, re-calibrating everything, facing the drone, and turning on airplane mode on my drone. I mainly fly in a suburb that should have little interference. I don't know why the signal performance is only a fraction of what is advertised... even with sub-optimal conditions I would think it should do better.

One thing to mention- I happen to be in a limited flying zone and can only go up to 120M in height. I'm wondering how much further I could go if I could go higher up... I have not tested that yet.

Thanks for your answer. Does the same icon appear to you? (RC icon)
I have always flown in very clear areas and suffered small disconnections at short distances. I don't want to imagine if I fly the drone over 1km ...
The problem is, that the icon of the connection of the ocusync of the mavic, has disappeared or has been changed for another giving me problems.
I've tried going back to the first firmware, updating it again, reinstalling the app, but I still get the same signal indication ...
2020-7-8
Use props
Legatus
lvl.1
United States

M4cr0s Posted at 7-7 22:55
My EU-version tends to drop to ~3 bars of signal and go orange pretty early, but it stays that way for a long, long distance. I've had it out to 5km without any issues.

On the other hand I've had actual dropouts with a different smartphone at very short distances, even with decent LOS. Screen goes black and I get thrown to the "dashboard" of the app, before it reconnects. Not sure what causes it, but I suspect an issue with that specific phone. This have been with said phone in airplane mode.

Helpful information - Thank you! The orange bars were concerning to me, and didn't know how quickly I might lose control as I pressed forward. I have faith that the RTH function will work, but it's still a bit scary when the risking the loss of an expensive drone. I may try pushing it's limits.
2020-7-8
Use props
STRIDE8
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1382431 ft
United States

I was getting RC Signal interference while in Downtown Chicago.  I has a clear path to the aircraft but chalked it up to the downtown area.  Hope that's right.. I was not farther that 2000 feet
2020-7-9
Use props
Legatus
lvl.1
United States

mhgutierrez Posted at 7-8 01:28
Thanks for your answer. Does the same icon appear to you? (RC icon)
I have always flown in very clear areas and suffered small disconnections at short distances. I don't want to imagine if I fly the drone over 1km ...
The problem is, that the icon of the connection of the ocusync of the mavic, has disappeared or has been changed for another giving me problems.

On my screen "RC" has always been visible adjacent to the connection meter.
2020-7-9
Use props
nik317
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11261506 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

the problem is the fly app after the last update.... i have downgrade the app and now i dont have some problems ;-)
2020-7-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules