1101 9 2020-7-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sunfield
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2406325 ft
Netherlands

Hi,

Just got a new drone from DJI, but the camera doesn't seem the same as I had with my old Phantom 4 Pro. The images look soft and unsharp. Tested with ND filters, without, resetted the settings and tried custom style. Any suggestions? Getting really tired of it as I want better image quality.

Thanks in advance.

Got some examples here, 4 jpegs + raw. Download lasts 7 days; can reupload if requested. https://we.tl/t-IBpHsmV99q
2020-7-7
Use props
G_Sig
Second Officer
Flight distance : 9109311 ft
Iceland

Downloaded one Dng and it looks ok to me.
Link to picture.
2020-7-7
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there sunfield. Thank you for reaching out and for posting these photos you have captured using your DJI Phantom 4 Pro. After seeing this photos you have posted I agree with G_Sig that those photos looks ok. But if you really feel that the drone is not preforming well on your future flights. I would recommend to contact our DJI support team at  https://www.dji.com/support for further assistance and for us to be able to check the said drone. Again, thank you for your support and please stay safe always.  
2020-7-7
Use props
sunfield
lvl.2
Netherlands

G_Sig Posted at 7-7 16:13
Downloaded one Dng and it looks ok to me.
Link to picture.

Hi Sig and Stephen, thaks for your replies. When I open the DNG files and zoom in, this is what botters me. I know zooming does not make a picture better, but when looking to the details it looks to me something is unstable. It's hazy around edges and unsharp trees.

2020-7-7
Use props
sunfield
lvl.2
Netherlands

And now some pictures I took with my previous Phantom 4 Pro. Jpegs already look sharper and smaller things in the pictures are much more detailed than the pictures above. And more important, it's a much more clear picture, the sharpness/softyness is gone in my opinion.

Raw images: https://we.tl/t-HJup1S8co6
2020-7-7
Use props
ArcticPhoto
lvl.4
Norway

There is nothing wrong with your photos, the camera performs as it should.
Two things: Your photos was taken at f/2,8. All lenses are soft at the largest aperture. The Mavic camera gives best sharpness between f/4 and 5.6. Smaller than that (f/8 and up) will give soft images because of diffraction.
And also remember that raw images (dng) are just that, raw and unmodofied. No sharpness applied in-camera. They need to be processed in a raw converter to get the best from them.
The jpg's from the camera are processed in-camera, with colour adjustments and sharpness applied.
2020-7-8
Use props
ArcticPhoto
lvl.4
Norway

ArcticPhoto Posted at 7-8 03:01
There is nothing wrong with your photos, the camera performs as it should.
Two things: Your photos was taken at f/2,8. All lenses are soft at the largest aperture. The Mavic camera gives best sharpness between f/4 and 5.6. Smaller than that (f/8 and up) will give soft images because of diffraction.
And also remember that raw images (dng) are just that, raw and unmodofied. No sharpness applied in-camera. They need to be processed in a raw converter to get the best from them.

Sorry, I wrote Mavic, these photos are taken with a Phantom 4 Pro
2020-7-8
Use props
G_Sig
Second Officer
Iceland

sunfield Posted at 7-7 23:04
And now some pictures I took with my previous Phantom 4 Pro. Jpegs already look sharper and smaller things in the pictures are much more detailed than the pictures above. And more important, it's a much more clear picture, the sharpness/softyness is gone in my opinion.

Raw images: https://we.tl/t-HJup1S8co6

Post your settings so we can test it. The pictures from the old drone are fine, but maybe taken on different settings. I use D-log or D-Cinelike which give you ok JPG from the drone.
2020-7-8
Use props
sunfield
lvl.2
Netherlands

G_Sig Posted at 7-8 11:35
Post your settings so we can test it. The pictures from the old drone are fine, but maybe taken on different settings. I use D-log or D-Cinelike which give you ok JPG from the drone.

Hi Sig,

The settings I used were manual, WB sunny/cloudy (depends), no custom style (everything 0), d-cinelike and about 1/120-1/200 with an NDfilter. ND16 if I'm correct.

Most recent pictures also manual, WB also sunny/cloudy, no custom style (tried some sharpening +2 but didnt do the trick), d-cinelike and no ND filter so must be about around 1/1600.
2020-7-8
Use props
G_Sig
Second Officer
Iceland

sunfield Posted at 7-8 23:56
Hi Sig,

The settings I used were manual, WB sunny/cloudy (depends), no custom style (everything 0), d-cinelike and about 1/120-1/200 with an NDfilter. ND16 if I'm correct.

You should reset your camera and then set it like this.

Set the speed to get the EV to -0.3
Don't change anything else.
2020-7-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules