Add me to the "I lost my Mavic" group. Help
371 14 2020-7-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AzDropTop
lvl.1
Flight distance : 632454 ft
United States

Hi all, my Mavic pro is 3 1/2 years old.  Was flying yesterday and in RTH mode.  Opened the door to my Jeep to grab a camera and the controller disconnected from the aircraft.  It never reconnected and I figured it would just RTH.  Well, it didn't.  The Mavic was a little over a 1/2 mile away so I couldn't hear it or see it.  I continued to wait and nothing.  I searched the area in relation to where the map showed the last point it was.  Nothing.  I even went back today with the GPS coordinates and searched a large area...nothing.  I did not search the area from where it last recorded to the home poiint because of the terrain.  Acccording to the log it was going 22.5mph at the time at about 300'.  My guess is the log is just before I lost connection?  Would the drone just contiue on a path home until the battery died?

Here is the file.  Thank you for taking a look and any suggestions.

https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/WKOBSDWWRVI0R3HNCS5F
2020-7-7
Use props
AzDropTop
lvl.1
United States

This image shows the vantage point of the last recorded video image and the red dot is where the map indicates the drone was in the log file.
2020-7-7
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

AzDropTop Posted at 7-7 10:54
[view_image]
This image shows the vantage point of the last recorded video image and the red dot is where the map indicates the drone was in the log file.

Hi,

Had a look at your log.

The second RTH, initiated by you, started at distance out of 746 meters away from HP with 25% batt level.
Last record 566 meters out with 24% batt level.

Heading MavicPro is towards home, so it should have made HP and landed there.

BTW  HP was not set direct at start of your flight, but after 19secs in flight. (start with no GPS reception)

BUT in the log 2x warning  Battery:Battery Error. Return home and land soon. View the checklist after landing"

Looking at the batt values, do not think it could have made home flying.....a serious drop in Voltage cell #2.
Total volts last record = 9 volts, so most likely the last recorded point is the area to search first. [ 31.73745100, -109.82590400 ]

Sorry for your loss!
cheers
JJB
analysis1.png
analysis2.png
analysis3.png
2020-7-7
Use props
AzDropTop
lvl.1
United States

Wow, Great info thank you!  Thank you so much for taking a look.  I have no idea to get all of the info you found.

I do remember the HP taking some time to initiate.  I was on the ground for a bit and then hovered before leaving the area after the HP was set.  It was right next to where I was parked.  I never made it back as I also checked the HP area pretty throughly yesterday as well.  I lost the signal just shortly after it began flying towards home...maybe 10 to 15 seconds.  Enough time to make sure it was headed home and then to walk from the back of my Jeep to the front where it lost signal.  From there I never heard or saw it.  Last GPS coordinates seem to be pretty far out still traveling 22.5 mph if I am reading it correct.  25% battery should have been enough to get home, but it was rather windy windy and on an earlier flight against the same wind it could only do a little over 12 mph.  I feel it would have been close enough to hear at least.  
2020-7-7
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there AzDropTop. I am sorry to know what happened to your DJI Mavic Pro. Since this unfortunate event happened I would recommend you to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance.  We have a professional team that will do there best to check what happened to the said drone and will give out the best resolution for this issue. Again, I am sorry for the trouble and please stay safe always.
2020-7-7
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

AzDropTop Posted at 7-7 13:31
Wow, Great info thank you!  Thank you so much for taking a look.  I have no idea to get all of the info you found.

I do remember the HP taking some time to initiate.  I was on the ground for a bit and then hovered before leaving the area after the HP was set.  It was right next to where I was parked.  I never made it back as I also checked the HP area pretty throughly yesterday as well.  I lost the signal just shortly after it began flying towards home...maybe 10 to 15 seconds.  Enough time to make sure it was headed home and then to walk from the back of my Jeep to the front where it lost signal.  From there I never heard or saw it.  Last GPS coordinates seem to be pretty far out still traveling 22.5 mph if I am reading it correct.  25% battery should have been enough to get home, but it was rather windy windy and on an earlier flight against the same wind it could only do a little over 12 mph.  I feel it would have been close enough to hear at least.

Hi AzDropTop,

Normally with this batt level at disconnect your drone would have made home.
I think that due to the battery error, total volts too low, your drone stopped in mid-air, that`s why it got disconnected!

cheers
JJB
2020-7-7
Use props
AzDropTop
lvl.1
United States

JJB* Posted at 7-7 23:13
Hi AzDropTop,

Thank you JJB, that very well may be the case.  Thank you again for your help.
2020-7-8
Use props
AzDropTop
lvl.1
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 7-7 22:26
Hello there AzDropTop. I am sorry to know what happened to your DJI Mavic Pro. Since this unfortunate event happened I would recommend you to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance.  We have a professional team that will do there best to check what happened to the said drone and will give out the best resolution for this issue. Again, I am sorry for the trouble and please stay safe always.

Thank you, I will pass it along.
2020-7-8
Use props
AzDropTop
lvl.1
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 7-7 22:26

2020-7-8
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

AzDropTop Posted at 7-8 05:31

Hi there AzDropTop. Thank you for the reply and you are very much welcome. If you have any other concerns or inquiries with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and support you.
2020-7-9
Use props
AzDropTop
lvl.1
United States

JJB* Posted at 7-7 23:13
Hi AzDropTop,

jjB, one last question.  Since the drone is not around the last gps points, do you think it would be wise to start there and work my way back to the home point?   It doesn't seem likely that the drone would just take off in a new direction correct?  Thank you again for your help.

Rick
2020-7-10
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

AzDropTop Posted at 7-10 12:47
jjB, one last question.  Since the drone is not around the last gps points, do you think it would be wise to start there and work my way back to the home point?   It doesn't seem likely that the drone would just take off in a new direction correct?  Thank you again for your help.

Rick

Hi Rick,

Yes, search area is from the last known position to homepoint, draw a 'line' and it must be there.
I think it cannot be far from the last position as wich such batt levels it dropped out of the sky.

Hope you will find your drone, mayby fly that search line with another drone?

cheers
JJB
2020-7-11
Use props
AzDropTop
lvl.1
United States

JJB* Posted at 7-11 05:00
Hi Rick,

Yes, search area is from the last known position to homepoint, draw a 'line' and it must be there.

Thank you again very much.  I will try again.  All the best.
Rick
2020-7-11
Use props
AzDropTop
lvl.1
United States

JJB* Posted at 7-11 05:00
Hi Rick,

Hi jjB,
Great news, I went out to the area again yesterday, my wife and buddy came along, and we worked our way from the home point to the last GPS coordinates and we found it!  My wife was the winner.    It was tucked into and under a low bush about 25 meters from the last gps coordinates.  Crazy thing is I walked right passed it the other day more than once.  Miracles do happen.    Thank you again for your help in finding in.
All the best,
Rick
2020-7-13
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

AzDropTop Posted at 7-13 14:53
Hi jjB,
Great news, I went out to the area again yesterday, my wife and buddy came along, and we worked our way from the home point to the last GPS coordinates and we found it!  My wife was the winner.    It was tucked into and under a low bush about 25 meters from the last gps coordinates.  Crazy thing is I walked right passed it the other day more than once.  Miracles do happen.    Thank you again for your help in finding in.
All the best,

Great news!  

25 meters away, thatis the free fall distance starting with forward speed.

All the best,

cheers
JJB
2020-7-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules