BEFORE BUYING A DJI DRONE - READ THIS!!!
5097 25 2020-7-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Morten L - USA
lvl.1

United States

DO NOT BUY A DRONE FROM DJI - NO SERVICE AND NO DRONE
DJI Support and DJI Customer Service can not be trusted. DJI Support and DJI Customer Service deliver awful customer service and absolutely no help when you reach out to them through DJI Facebook, DJI Twitter, DJI's e-mail, DJI's chat function on the website or when you try call the DJI numbers listed on their website.

My point with this review is to help other customers avoid spending months fighting with DJI Customer Service, not getting your money return and spending so much time getting nowhere.

From a customers standpoint, you cannot trust DJI what’s so ever. They keep making promises that other DJI departments will take care of it, and other DJI service reps will reach out or call you back, but little to nothing happen. On their website they promise 1-3 business days delivery, I am now on week 4 waiting for a DJI Mavic Mini Combo. Still the same answers from all their different customer service channels "Our corresponding team who is handling you concern will get back to you". Below is a sequence of events of what happen since i purchased the DJI Mavic Mini Combo in June 23th 2020.

A couple of reasons why you should NOT buy a Drone from DJI:

1. On their American website (dji.com) they say they have 24/7 support - that’s not true, they close 6PST

2. On the same website DJI state that delivery will be within 1-3 business from purchasing date and will be delivered by Fedex or UPS. When you have purchased the DJI Drone product and receive your tracking number, it is a different story and hell starts.

3. I ordered my DJI drone Mavic Mini Combo on June 23th 2020, and I have not heard anything from DJI that i can trust nor did I receive the drone I ordered on DJI's website. I have waited 3-4 weeks as for now (July 7th 2020) and nothing have been communicated from DJI's customer service or sales team.

4. When you reach out to DJI's customer service departments they promise you that they will keep you in the loop and communicate any updates, DON'T expect that!

5. In the beginning of my conversations with DJI customer service via DJI's chat function, I was told from 4-5 different people my drone delivery was "Expected to be delivered on Friday 26th 2020 by end of the day", which was aligned with DJI's statement on their website.

6. Be careful buying products here if you need them with a short notice, you cannot trust their information on the pages. They do anything they can do to make you purchase a product, take your money and then they do not deliver or return your money. If you need the Drone within 7 days, do NOT buy through DJI's Website, you will get disappointed.

7. Five 6 days after you have purchased you DJI Drone, your shipping tag have now changed to July 1, but there is no tracking history whats so ever.. I do not expect it to arrive the 1 of July, which is 7 days since i ordered.

8. Be aware that right after you have purchased your DJI Drone or equipment, DJI will charge money on your card on file. When they have the money, DJI don't care about the customer or when the product are being delivered.

9. After spending 3-5 hours getting in contact with DJI's customer service and sales team through DJI's email function and DJI's chat function, I have gotten the exact same excuses and misleading informations from every single DJI customer rep. "We will forward your concern to the team involved".

10. The shipping dates keep changing, and the DJI product is still "flying" around in china according to the shipping history. Every DJI person i have been in contact with (15 or so) have promised me a delivery date that did not live up to their promise. Here July 7th 2020 i still do not have any DJI Drone, and have no idea when it will arrive.

11. DJI do not return your money, even though you do not receive your DJI equipment. NO DRONE, NO MONEY

12. When DJI escalate your case and say “my manager is not available, we can call you back” DON't count on that.

13. Been in contact with 15-19 different DJI customer Service reps. promising me a resolution, but after 3 weeks nothing have happen and DJI have not refunded my payment.

14. 90 minutes on DJI customer chat is not unusual.

15. When you get through, they cannot guarantee your money back!

16. DJI CANNOT give you a confirmation over email or anything.

17. A lady named Boni called me on July 2th guaranteeing it would be delivered July it 3th, but have not received anything and no calls, no money back, no emails from DJI.

18. July 8th - Still no drone, still no money returned, still no help from DJI.

Conclusion:
DJI has horrible customer service, very unstructured company, greedy, no communication from DJI employees, a lot of false information and promises.

Buying a drone in year 2020, my recommendation is to stay away from DJI. CEO Frank Wang should take actions. DON'T buy drones from DJI!!

Leave your review here - https://www.trustpilot.com/review/dji.com and https://www.bbb.org/us/ca/cerritos/profile/drone-sales/dji-service-llc-1216-267337/customer-reviews and https://trstp.lt/lgO6-qCT6

DJI_Fedex_Customer Service

DJI Customer Service

DJI Customer Service

DJI Customer Service

DJI Customer Service

2020-7-7
Use props
Estelle Lau
Second Officer
Flight distance : 38632 ft
  • >>>

OMG, I regret to click on this thread, I have no time and patience to read such a long long long tirade. Do you know how to cut a long story short?
2020-7-7
Use props
Jonatan.C.N
Second Officer
Flight distance : 170627 ft

sorry to hear your story
but you know what's happening all around the world, don't you?
I wouldn't complain, shippings are delayed because of the pandemic, especially it is an international shipping.
i think this is not DJI can control, poor you, poor DJI. you both have my sympathy
btw, dji website doesn't say delivery time but shipping time, I ordered a mini for my friend in CA months ago.
2020-7-7
Use props
Morten L - USA
lvl.1

United States

Since when is a pandemic an excuse for providing good customer service?

15-17 contacts, no information provided other than, we escalate the case and get back to you, but no one get back to you...

Maybe it is just me, but shipping date should probably have a better description, so that people don’t confuse customers.

Pretty much all US business where you can buy a DJI drone has 1-3 days deliver (Amazon, Best Buy, Wallmart). Would not think it came from China and not a warehouse in the US.

Checking here https://www.trustpilot.com/review/dji.com I’m clearly not the only frustrated customer.

Make customer aware that delivery time is months, problem solved!!

2020-7-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Morten L, we apologize for the unpleasant experience on DJI Online Store, your order is following up by the higher-level team and our manager has also contacted you and provided the best offer we can for the inconvenience caused due to the shipment delay. The delay is never what we expected but it is not something that we can fully control, we do have done our best to push the FedEx to expedite the shipment.
Currently, the package has arrived in HONOLULU, HI, if you still would like to refund, I will inform our manager to stop the shipment and process the refund ASAP. Sorry again for the inconvenience caused.
2020-7-7
Use props
Tlap
lvl.2

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 7-7 23:17
Hi Morten L, we apologize for the unpleasant experience on DJI Online Store, your order is following up by the higher-level team and our manager has also contacted you and provided the best offer we can for the inconvenience caused due to the shipment delay. The delay is never what we expected but it is not something that we can fully control, we do have done our best to push the FedEx to expedite the shipment.
Currently, the package has arrived in HONOLULU, HI, if you still would like to refund, I will inform our manager to stop the shipment and process the refund ASAP. Sorry again for the inconvenience caused.

Mindy, should I cancel my order? Can I at least get a status update. I didn't realize you were experiencing such delays. I purchased a Refurbished Unit. I've read rumors that these types of models are being sent to customers with known problems. Will you please check the status. I did email customer support but have had not response.
Order No.:0016985780551

Thanks.
2020-7-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Tlap Posted at 7-8 13:32
Mindy, should I cancel my order? Can I at least get a status update. I didn't realize you were experiencing such delays. I purchased a Refurbished Unit. I've read rumors that these types of models are being sent to customers with known problems. Will you please check the status. I did email customer support but have had not response.
Order No.:0016985780551

DJI promises you that every refurbished product is tested thoroughly and that the quality of refurbished products is the same as new products.
Upon checking your order, it has been canceled as your requested, hope we could serve you next time.
2020-7-9
Use props
Morten L - USA
lvl.1

United States

HI DjI Mindy,

It was correct that I received a call from Boni "manager" 8-9 days ago offering me 10% discount if I canceled my order, and wanted to buy a new DJ Drone (Still don't understand the value of that offer) or a free battery (i bought the combo with 3 batteries so no need for extra). She never returned any calls as promised or followed up on an agreed compensation.

I was promised multiple times including by her and others that it would arrive Friday 3th of July, but it never showed up. Right after that promise did not hold water I chatted with customer service, i emailed Boni back (2020-07-04 12.59PM), saying I would no longer be on the address in Hawaii, and she should change it. I also said that on the phone with when she called.

No one from Customer service nor the Managers listen to it...

Been working on Hawaii for 3 weeks, needed the drone for work, counted on what I was promised, but it never came in the delivery time frame. I should just have purchased somewhere else...

I also told customer Service through chat they multiple times after there was no reactions from the manager that they needed to change the address.

I also called FedEx, and told them they needed to change the address, they told me I should call the shipper (DJI), so I told Customer service the third time they needed to change my address.

I have requested my money back, change of address and nothing have happen..

Still no drone! Still no money back
2020-7-9
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Frankly, the more you change your mind (refund and/or accept shipment) the longer and more confusing your final decision will take. I ordered a M2P and MFC on June 17th. It just arrived on Monday July 6th. Ordering directly from China, in pandemic times, will be, well, frustrating to say the least if you are not patient. Yes, my FedEx tracking was a mess (said the shipment went all over the world).

Overall, considering the current conditions of the world, I'm VERY satisfied with DJI and their efforts to serve me. Again, patience is a virtue. Hope you get sorted in whatever decision you finally make. Happy flying!
2020-7-9
Use props
Morten L - USA
lvl.1

United States

It looks like I am not the only one - https://www.trustpilot.com/review/dji.com with DJI Customer Service problems..
And FYI - when DJI changed the expected delivery for the 7th time, I asked them to change the address. I have not changed my mind at all. They have changed their delivery time 10-12 times, and from 3 days delivery to 3-4 weeks delivery. In those 3-4 weeks, they have made 10-15 different promises and have not delivered on a single one.

Now they are delivering a Drone to an address I no longer live at.. How hard can it be to change an address when they know 8-10 days before delivery?

2020-7-9
Use props
Morten L - USA
lvl.1

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 7-9 03:25
DJI promises you that every refurbished product is tested thoroughly and that the quality of refurbished products is the same as new products.
Upon checking your order, it has been canceled per your request, hope we could serve you next time.

HI DjI Mindy,

It was correct that I received a call from Boni "manager" 8-9 days ago offering me 10% discount if I canceled my order, and wanted to buy a new DJ Drone (Still don't understand the value of that offer) or a free battery (i bought the combo with 3 batteries so no need for extra). She never returned any calls as promised or followed up on an agreed compensation.

I was promised multiple times including by her and others that it would arrive Friday 3th of July, but it never showed up. Right after that promise did not hold water I chatted with customer service, i emailed Boni back (2020-07-04 12.59PM), saying I would no longer be on the address in Hawaii, and she should change it. I also said that on the phone with when she called.

No one from Customer service nor the Managers listen to it...

Been working on Hawaii for 3 weeks, needed the drone for work, counted on what I was promised, but it never came in the delivery time frame. I should just have purchased somewhere else...

I also told customer Service through chat they multiple times after there was no reactions from the manager that they needed to change the address.

I also called FedEx, and told them they needed to change the address, they told me I should call the shipper (DJI), so I told Customer service the third time they needed to change my address.

I have requested my money back, change of address and nothing have happen..

Still no drone! Still no money back
2020-7-9
Use props
Morten L - USA
lvl.1

United States

KLRSKIR Posted at 7-9 07:14
Frankly, the more you change your mind (refund and/or accept shipment) the longer and more confusing your final decision will take. I ordered a M2P and MFC on June 17th. It just arrived on Monday July 6th. Ordering directly from China, in pandemic times, will be, well, frustrating to say the least if you are not patient. Yes, my FedEx tracking was a mess (said the shipment went all over the world).

Overall, considering the current conditions of the world, I'm VERY satisfied with DJI and their efforts to serve me. Again, patience is a virtue. Hope you get sorted in whatever decision you finally make. Happy flying!

It looks like I am not the only one - https://www.trustpilot.com/review/dji.com with DJI Customer Service problems..
And FYI - when DJI changed the expected delivery for the 7th time, I asked them to change the address. I have not changed my mind at all. They have changed their delivery time 10-12 times, and from 3 days delivery to 3-4 weeks delivery. In those 3-4 weeks, they have made 10-15 different promises and have not delivered on a single one.

Now they are delivering a Drone to an address I no longer live at.. How hard can it be to change an address when they know 8-10 days before delivery?
2020-7-9
Use props
Morten L - USA
lvl.1

United States

Whats Going on DJI ? https://www.trustpilot.com/review/dji.com

It seem like this bad service, no money return, no drone is a very common issue for customers!!!

2020-7-10
Use props
Morten L - USA
lvl.1

United States

NO DJI DRONE NO MONEY - HORRIBLE DJI SHIPPING EXPERIENCE

How come that a company that is so huge on technology can provide such a horrible shipping experience?

Ordered my drone June 23th 2020 and I still do not have a drone.

I requested my money back serval weeks ago, but have not received a refund.

DJI is a Awful company and I encurage everyone that reads this post to leave a review on https://www.trustpilot.com/review/dji.com or https://www.trustpilot.com/review/store.dji.com

Spoke with 20+ people from DJI and NO one can make a decision without coming up with lame excuses!!!  
2020-7-10
Use props
Morten L - USA
lvl.1

United States

MUST READ - Before buying a DJ Drone

Customer watch out for DJI and their Shipping and Customer Service, it is HORRIBLE

There is multiple blogs in the different foums highlighting many of the bad experiences DJI customers have experienced from their purchases to the arrival of the drone (in cases they actually arrive)

Everything is shipped from China so expect 4-8 weeks delivery time.

NO CUSTOMER SERVICE

NO DRONE

NO MONEY RETURN

HORRIBLE SHIPPING

INFORMATION ON DJI's WEBSITE IS NOT ACCURATE (1-3 days SHIPPING)

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=219847

2020-7-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Sorry for the late response, your experience with our customer support will be forwarded to our management department. But for the shipment, it is never our intention to get it delayed, the logistics are not something we could control, sorry to promise the wrong delivery time, this was also what we got from the FedEx.
We will issue the refund as soon as possible, sorry again for all the inconvenience caused.
2020-7-11
Use props
Morten L - USA
lvl.1

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 7-11 03:43
Sorry for the late response, your experience with our customer support will be forwarded to our management department. But for the shipment, it is never our intention to get it delayed, the logistics are not something we could control, sorry to promise the wrong delivery time, this was also what we got from the FedEx.
We will issue the refund as soon as possible, sorry again for all the inconvenience caused.

DJI MIndy

Looking at all the customer reviews you must acknowledge that there is something very wrong with your guys services?

You are most likely nr. 23 saying we will escalate this, but nothing happen. No one reach out, no action is taken my the management department!!

WHY ARE YOU NOT TAKING ANY ACTIONS..

Purchased my DJI Drone June 23th and I do still not have any drone and you refuse to return my money!!! That's awful DJI Customer service and harming the business more than you would imagine!!! close to 1000 people have seen my posts online and will continue to make every single potential DJI customer aware that your service is awful and that they should never purchase anything from DJI, because they will never get their products or money return...

Complain nr. 40 an NOTHING HAVE HAPPEN!!!!
2020-7-11
Use props
Morten L - USA
lvl.1

United States

Hi DJI MIndy

Tomorrow it will be exactly 4 weeks since I ordered the Drone and still;
  • No money returned
  • No drone received
  • No help from DJI customer Service
  • No follow up from Boni who was told to change address and promised to return with compensation.

All this must be so expensive for DJI and create such a bad reputation in the Drone space.. Hundreds of customers are extremly unsatisfied and dont get any help and DJI still have our money!!!

Is smells like a lawsuit!
2020-7-13
Use props
Morten L - USA
lvl.1

United States

DJI Keep your money and refuse to make a refund

If you are new to DJI, you should think about purchasing your drone another place than DJI.

I have waited 4 weeks now for a drone and have not received anything yet.

First fo all, I was promised a Drone being delivered within 1-3 business days. After day 5 the nightmare started and daily interactions with DJI customer service started.

There is absolutely no help from their customer service and no one within the customer service departments take ownership of the customer and the customer experience.

After 2-3 weeks of waiting not knowing anything I requested to get my money back. I am not waiting on week 4 and I still have no drone and DJI still have my money. They refuse to tell me when i will receive refund and the refuse to answer questions, simply just holding be off.

If you want to buy a new drone anno 2020, I strongly recommend that you purchase your drone from someone else than DJI!!
2020-7-13
Use props
Morten L - USA
lvl.1

United States

DJI Mindy

Whats happening??? It is now 4 days since you said DJI will issue the refund as soon as possible.. I have not received any confirmation, no money has been returned or no drone has arrived..

How can you guys operate a business like this? No respect for your customers and you just take their money!!!!
2020-7-15
Use props
Steve043
lvl.1
Flight distance : 173907 ft
United States

KLRSKIR Posted at 2020-7-9 07:14
Frankly, the more you change your mind (refund and/or accept shipment) the longer and more confusing your final decision will take. I ordered a M2P and MFC on June 17th. It just arrived on Monday July 6th. Ordering directly from China, in pandemic times, will be, well, frustrating to say the least if you are not patient. Yes, my FedEx tracking was a mess (said the shipment went all over the world).

I have no problems either and believe me it worth the wait....   Love dji
2022-3-21
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Steve043 Posted at 3-21 22:56
I have no problems either and believe me it worth the wait....   Love dji

Hello, there. Thanks for your feedback on our services. If you have any questions, please feel free to talk.
2022-3-22
Use props
djiuser_vB7aOEDLVtMr
New

United States

Estelle Lau Posted at 2020-7-7 19:03
OMG, I regret to click on this thread, I have no time and patience to read such a long long long tirade. Do you know how to cut a long story short?

This experience was absolutely crap dude I ordered my drone over 30 days ago they said it'd be here on the freaking 8th I get an email saying you won't be here till the 9th no big deal whatever, it's now the 12th and today I find out that y'all somehow managed to get a hold of somebody that was not me when you call my phone number, God forbid y'all have any type of honesty or integrity to claim that it was clearly not me on the phone you were talking to, but instead you take advantage of the moment and you convince that person on the phone that you're talking to to order their drone from China instead so y'all send us his drone from China which we did not want we wanted a drone directly from DJI I would have waited till the 27th but instead you take advantage of somebody who lacks the information they need to make it secure decision on this purchase dude and you tell them that they'll be better off taking this drone from China that will get here a week quicker. I WILL NEVER EVER EVER E
2022-8-12
Use props
djiuser_vB7aOEDLVtMr
New

United States

Morten L - USA Posted at 2020-7-7 19:46
Since when is a pandemic an excuse for providing good customer service?

15-17 contacts, no information provided other than, we escalate the case and get back to you, but no one get back to you...

Don't you love how all these people try to come to dji's aid and completely throw away your experience dude kind of sad right the world's full of f****** trash people I'm so sorry that this happened to you but I'm dealing with the exact same thing right now and I'm literally watching as these DJI piece of crap people try to support the comments that are in favor of DJI underneath this post that has pictures and everything necessary to show those f****** dim-witted people that obviously DJI is a crap company.
2022-8-12
Use props
djiuser_vB7aOEDLVtMr
New

United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 3-22 22:29
Hello, there. Thanks for your feedback on our services. If you have any questions, please feel free to talk.

You're a f****** crap person Wanda for replying to this dude's thing about how y'all did a good job but you're not going to say a damn thing to the dude who complained about this crappy experience he's had f*** you
2022-8-12
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_vB7aOEDLVtMr Posted at 8-12 14:24
This experience was absolutely crap dude I ordered my drone over 30 days ago they said it'd be here on the freaking 8th I get an email saying you won't be here till the 9th no big deal whatever, it's now the 12th and today I find out that y'all somehow managed to get a hold of somebody that was not me when you call my phone number, God forbid y'all have any type of honesty or integrity to claim that it was clearly not me on the phone you were talking to, but instead you take advantage of the moment and you convince that person on the phone that you're talking to to order their drone from China instead so y'all send us his drone from China which we did not want we wanted a drone directly from DJI I would have waited till the 27th but instead you take advantage of somebody who lacks the information they need to make it secure decision on this purchase dude and you tell them that they'll be better off taking this drone from China that will get here a week quicker. I WILL NEVER EVER EVER E

We apologize for any difficulties you encountered. Regarding your order issue, could you please confirm if you order the drone from DJI or a reseller? We tried to get your order number and the details in our system by your forum account, however, there is no result. Please provide the reference number to us, we will look into the details.
Kindly note that swears are not allowed in DJI Forum, thank you for your cooperation.
2022-8-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules