Mavic mini uk range and app issues
536 8 2020-7-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_SfEKxrTTL9FG
lvl.1
Flight distance : 34875 ft
United Kingdom

Hi everyone new here but have read loads of posts regarding crashes and flyaways to make sure i dont make the same mistakes lol. Bought my mavic mini last week and absolutely love it, its my first drone and im addicted.

However.... Im having serious range issues at the moment 800ft is the max iv got. Due to unpredictable weather at the moment i have only flown it out of my back garden that backs straight onto miles of fields. I have payload mode turned off, antennas set correctly, airplane mode on, no obstruction between me and drone just a 4ft fence and flat fields. I have also tried manual 2.4ghz channel and 5.8ghz no difference. The video gets extremely choppy around 600ft.

Second issue is with the dji app i think.
When flying the camera button on the remote rarely works but the camera button on the phone screen does. Also changing modes doesnt work about 50 percent of flights so i can cycle the flight modes to begin with but all of a sudden its stuck in P and will not change to S. Even if i do it through the menu it will not change until iv landed and restarted everything.  This concerns me a lot because if i get hit by a strong gust at altitude i I would struggle to fight back without sports mode. Only fix iv tried for this is reinstalling the app.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, love my little drone but starting to wish i bought the mavic air 2 instead.

2020-7-7
Use props
djiuser_SfEKxrTTL9FG
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Also does anybody have any recommendations for ideal altitude for signal strength. Iv been flying at around 75ft due to having no confidence being able to get into sport mode
2020-7-7
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this concern. Kindly please refresh the firmware of your DJI Mavic Mini using the DJI Assistant 2 and please try flying in a different location with less interference like power cables, radio tower and metal structure to isolate the issue. In addition, I have posted an official DJI tutorial on how to refresh the firmware for the DJI Mavic Mini.  Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.

2020-7-8
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Stand away from house, get in front of the fence and put the drone up to 350' AGL and you should get over a mile with it
2020-7-8
Use props
djiuser_SfEKxrTTL9FG
lvl.1
United Kingdom

350ft? Il give that a try. I have a golf course around 600m from my house I want to have a fly over. Bought a range extender off Amazon and it will be here today so will update with results of that too
2020-7-8
Use props
djiuser_SfEKxrTTL9FG
lvl.1
United Kingdom

A J Posted at 7-8 05:57
Stand away from house, get in front of the fence and put the drone up to 350' AGL and you should get over a mile with it

Just done 650m with range extender at 80m alt. Could of gone further but high wind warnings and sport mode wouldnt work again so had to come home
2020-7-8
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_SfEKxrTTL9FG Posted at 7-8 07:02
Just done 650m with range extender at 80m alt. Could of gone further but high wind warnings and sport mode wouldnt work again so had to come home

Sensible to return but at least it wasn't the signal that made you turn back this time.
2020-7-8
Use props
djiuser_SfEKxrTTL9FG
lvl.1
United Kingdom

A J Posted at 7-8 07:23
Sensible to return but at least it wasn't the signal that made you turn back this time.

Yeah definitely.  If i can sort out the app issues il be very happy haha
2020-7-8
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_SfEKxrTTL9FG Posted at 7-8 08:13
Yeah definitely.  If i can sort out the app issues il be very happy haha

2020-7-8
Use props