Calibrate IMU Error
2429 4 2020-7-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_hMqRpZ712TaB
lvl.1
United States

So i have flown my DJI Mavic Pro Platinum now for over a week, no issues. Well, last night i accidently crashed it at about 2ft in the air. It landed on concrete, and the front of the drone got cracked a little bit, but afterwards it still flew just fine. Well tonight, i cannot fly it at all because i keep getting an IMU Error. I tried recalibrating it, and every time i do i get an error message stating "IMU 1: Calibration Failed. Automatic Orientation Error. (Error Code -71) IMU 2: Calibrating IMU (Error Code 1)". The controller also displays an error message stating "Check App, Sys Warning". I cannot fly the drone at all because of the IMU Calibration error. Any ideas of what i can do? I tried restarting both the drone and controller, as well as deleting and redownloading the DJI GO 4 App. I don't know what else to try, and like i said it flew perfectly fine last night after the incident.
2020-7-7
Use props
Estelle Lau
lvl.4
Flight distance : 38632 ft
  • >>>

Needs to be repaired, sounds like a hardware issue caused by the crash.
2020-7-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hello there, we are sorry to hear the drone is not working, since it has been crashed, it is recommended to send back the drone to DJI repair center for the evaluation, our repair team will help figure it out. Please start a ticket online https://repair.dji.com/repair/index?site=brandsite&from=nav and send in at your most convenience.
2020-7-7
Use props
JTSmith1978
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 7-7 20:09
Hello there, we are sorry to hear the drone is not working, since it has been crashed, it is recommended to send back the drone to DJI repair center for the evaluation, our repair team will help figure it out. Please start a ticket online https://repair.dji.com/repair/index?site=brandsite&from=nav and send in at your most convenience.

Thank you for your reply. Would i need to send in just the drone itself? Also, would this be covered by any warrenty? (like the one year manufacters warrenty)
2020-7-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

JTSmith1978 Posted at 7-7 20:30
Thank you for your reply. Would i need to send in just the drone itself? Also, would this be covered by any warrenty? (like the one year manufacters warrenty)

You could just send in the aircraft, but when you receive it, you will need to link the aircraft with the RC.
If the drone is still under the warranty period and you believe the accident has nothing to do with pilot operation, the data analysis can be applied, we will provide the proper resolution according to the data analysis result.
2020-7-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules