Combine linear flight mission and terrain awareness mode
3093 9 2020-7-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Lowlee
lvl.2

Italy

Hi!

I would like to know if it is possible to plan a linear flight mission in terrain awareness mode.
It will be very useful.

Thanks

2020-7-8
Use props
jivago
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23671 ft
France

Hi
Till now, I haven't seen this option.
2020-7-11
Use props
jivago
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23671 ft
Iran

Hi
So far, I haven't seen this option.
2020-7-11
Use props
Lowlee
lvl.2

Italy

It is planned?
2020-7-15
Use props
Guille_Meinero
lvl.4

Argentina

NOW YOU CAN!  new firmware!!
2020-7-22
Use props
lschnarf
lvl.1

Italy

Guille_Meinero Posted at 7-22 06:05
NOW YOU CAN!  new firmware!!

are you sure that it is a real terrain awareness mode?

There is a linear flight mode where you can adjust manually the hight. But i did not see a linear flight mode, where the drone change elevation by reading the terrain hight. Do i wrong?
2020-7-28
Use props
Guille_Meinero
lvl.4

Argentina

Sorry i was wrong, you have to set the position manually or with kml, not working with preloaded dem
2020-7-28
Use props
tutos
lvl.4

Chile

Guille_Meinero Posted at 7-28 14:37
Sorry i was wrong, you have to set the position manually or with kml, not working with preloaded dem

So it's useless.
DJI thinks the earth is perfectly flat or what?
2020-7-29
Use props
dubik
lvl.2
Flight distance : 297054 ft
Poland

Still waiting to solve problem with linnear missions and terrain awarnes mode. Is it so difficult to implement?
2021-1-26
Use props
Skyveyor112
lvl.4
United States

We are done with the P4RTK. It has so much potential but the limitations imposed by the flight planning software make it very cumbersome to use. We like to use KML imports and terrain following on every flight. These very common use cases are impossible or very tedious to implement with the P4RTK. We've decided to add an after market PPK module to the V2 and continue to use our go to flight planning app - The Map Pilot - by MapsMadeEasy. Their app allows you to do just about every mission with SRTM terrain following. Where SRTM data isn't accurate,  you can use your own terrain model. No, I don't work for them but their product is by far the best flight planning tool I've used. Yes, PPK is a bit tedious but several companies provide software to streamline the process.  I am a fan.

Good luck with the 4RTK. Our lightly used  4RTK will be listed on ebay soon.
2021-2-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules