Care Refresh Program...YES
1544 10 2020-7-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DeWayne
lvl.1

United States

I'm the type of guy that never buys extended warranties or extra insurance.  But I did decide to get the $79 refresh / crash protection package when I purchased my Mavic Air 2.

This was (yes past tense) my first drone.  I flew it about 20 times before the "incident".  I was on a motorcycle vacation up in the mountains and I decided to fly my drone up and down this beautiful river, fast water flow, some small water falls, and lined by TREES!  In my defense I was tired and not in the right state of mind.

Things were going great but on the third pass I fly up and sideways, again i'm not thinking straight here, and of course hit a tree.  Later I would find out that the drone fell from about 50 feet and smashed on a rock, rolled off the rock and was completely submereged in the water.

I had of course been flying without line of site so I didn't know where the drone was.  I tried the "find my drone" feature.  However since the drone was basically dead the app only new it's last point of contact.  I walked about 500 yards to this point.  I thought "what if it crashed on the inaccessible far side of the river?"  I thought "what if it is at the bottom of the deep section, or even floating down the river!"   I thought "the refresh program only works if you have a crashed drone to return...if I can't find it i'm screwed!"  After 30 minutes of searching I found it in it's watery grave.

Today, two weeks later, I have a brand new drone thanks to the refresh program.  The cost was $69.  They didn't even charge me for the shipping.

If you're getting a drone I highly recommend you get this insurance.  

Capture.PNG
2020-7-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi DeWayne, thank you so much for sharing the positive experience with DJI Care Refresh here, our goal is always to guarantee customers' rights and improve customer's experience with our product and service. Wish you have a great time with the replacement drone.
2020-7-8
Use props
GlenH
lvl.2
Flight distance : 16 ft

United States

If I buy a Phantom 3 Professional used in perfect shape can I still buy insurance on it
2020-7-8
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

GlenH Posted at 7-8 19:57
If I buy a Phantom 3 Professional used in perfect shape can I still buy insurance on it

I don't think you can - ideally it needs to be insured within 48 hours of activation. They can offer insurance beyond that but weeks or so later - not years.  
2020-7-23
Use props
GlenH
lvl.2

United States

ok thanks for letting know, I was just wondering
2020-7-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

GlenH Posted at 7-8 19:57
If I buy a Phantom 3 Professional used in perfect shape can I still buy insurance on it

Hi GlenH, Phantom 3 Professional has DJI Care not DJI Care Refresh. The DJI Care Protection Plan is a service plan that provides you with peace of mind, covering damage to your DJI aircraft, gimbal or camera sustained during normal use. During DJI Care’s period of validity, if accidental damage occurs during normal use, repair fees and related costs will be covered by DJI.

If it is never bound to DJI Care, you could purchase once. When the drone has been activated over 48 hours, you will need to take a video to verify the drone is still in good condition. Please check the details here: https://repair.dji.com/en/djicare/customerupload
2020-7-25
Use props
GlenH
lvl.2

United States

I didn't buy it new, I got it used from someone else, but thanks anyway
2020-7-25
Use props
DeepFriedOprah
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1709094 ft
United States

GlenH Posted at 7-25 18:06

You can still buy it for you drone even though you aren’t the original owner, I’ve done it three times.
2020-7-28
Use props
DeepFriedOprah
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1709094 ft
United States

GlenH Posted at 7-25 18:06

You can still buy it for you drone even though you aren’t the original owner, I’ve done it three times.
2020-7-28
Use props
GlenH
lvl.2

United States

ok thanks, what do you do to do it on the website
2020-7-28
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft