tracking in map view not active
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SpyflyWayne
lvl.1

United States

I have a mavic 2 pro with smartcontroller. I was recently flying in a very remote area of the california mountains, far from any Geofence (no parks, no airports, no people). I rely heavily on the map mode and tracking to follow the drone, and it has always worked before, ie, the map showed the compass heading and a trace of the track, allowing me to bring the drone home even when it is out of visual. The last time the tracking was inactive, although the compass was properly calibrated and functional. The compass heading was correctly shown as I rotate the drone, but when flying the compass icon stayed on the home location and did not follow the drone. Here is the important part I think; there was a large green zone around the home location, even though I am not in a geofenced or warning area. Any idea what is going on? Maybe it is obvious, but I am a novice user, just getting my feet wet here. But all has worked in the past.Thanks for any help!

2020-7-8
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this matter. Kindly please refresh the firmware of both the DJI Mavic 2 Pro and the DJI Smart controller using the DJI Assistant 2. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.
2020-7-9
Use props
KDP +
Second Officer
Flight distance : 947930 ft
Belgium

Does this mean this is a known issue in older firmware...?
2020-7-9
Use props
SpyflyWayne
lvl.1

United States

Unfortunately, I am having problems updating the firmware on the smart controller (another thread is active on this). When I am successful and have a chance to evaluate, I will let you know.
Thanks!
2020-7-9
Use props
KDP +
Second Officer
Flight distance : 947930 ft
Belgium

Just for your information... there was a thread a few weeks ago from someone who also did not manage to update the smartcontroller via wifi network...
Finally, he managed to do it by using his mobile phone as wifi-network instead of the normal wifi-network... maybe a hint if you are having problems...
2020-7-9
Use props
ting-ting
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5871467 ft
  • >>>
United States

Take out the sd card out of the remote when you update the smart controller. Usually that works and insert sd card.
2020-7-12
Use props
SpyflyWayne
lvl.1

United States

Ok, thanks I will try that when I get home tomorrow!
2020-7-12
Use props
SpyflyWayne
lvl.1

United States

SpyflyWayne Posted at 7-12 07:28
Ok, thanks I will try that when I get home tomorrow!

Success in updating the smartcontroller! removing the sd card and using DJI assistant 2 worked. Strangely, trying to  update using the system update in the controller still failed.
Thanks for the help!
2020-7-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules