Phantom 4 takes rain?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hyfsad
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3202 ft

Norway

Hi! I lost my Phantom 4 adv due to a compas error while flying and suddenly lost the signal.. My drone never came back to home position but a friend saw it fly away from me at this time. As I started search for it, I suddenly got some kind og contact (power 5% left). I could not see it but I hit the button "force landing". Power was lost while searching for the drone and I got an idea where it had landed by looking at the latest cashe video/pictures. Landing place was in a hard accessable mountain side so I just left it.
NOW to the question: Can the Phantom 4 advance take rain for some days or will the electronics fail?  If I hit back for a resque then I must have a idea if its worth the job..  
Probavly 2 days of rain so far..

Hyfsad  

2020-7-8
Use props
Goldenseal
lvl.4
Flight distance : 487034 ft
United States

They can take a lot of rain. The only thing it should hurt is the battery.
2020-7-8
Use props
hyfsad
lvl.1

Norway

Goldenseal Posted at 7-8 17:26
They can take a lot of rain. The only thing it should hurt is the battery.

Tnx, then I will go for a rescue operation :-)
2020-7-8
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Hyfsad. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. The DJI Phantom 4 Advanced is not waterproof. Since this unfortunate issue happened to the said drone, it would be best to contact out DJI Support Team for further assistance at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav . We would do their best to find out the reason of the incident and then the corresponding resolution would be provided. Again I am sorry for the incident and thank you for your understanding.
2020-7-8
Use props
hyfsad
lvl.1

Norway

Thanks @support!  I´ll contact you later.
Lucky me, found my drone after near 3 weeks, it had dropped down a few meters from expected position and laid upside down.. wet!
I dryed for a day and fired it up, no errors so far except for the SD-card. Have not tried to fly with it yet.

2020-7-17
Use props
hyfsad
lvl.1

Norway

Flying perfect after compass calibrating..  HAPPY HAPPY!!!!
2020-7-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules