Shipping Packaging
3641 12 2020-7-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
NeverCrash(Lie)
lvl.1
United States

Greetings!
I recieved my Mavic yesterday and upon picking up and opening the package, I fealt and then observed that there was no packaging in the box to secure the contents (see picture).  I've checked with a few DJI owners and they assured me this is not standard DJI packaging practice.  I wanted to let DJI know and ask if there is anything I should be concerned about or specifically inspect on the drone.  
Thank you!!
- Crash

Packaging

Packaging

2020-7-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Crash, sorry to know the package was not secured, we've forwarded to the warehouse for attention. The drone has be secured inside the box as well, please test the performance of the drone to see whether everything is working fine. If there is any problem with it, please don't hesitate to let us know.
2020-7-8
Use props
NeverCrash(Lie)
lvl.1
United States

Thank you, @DJI Mindy.  I will do that as soon as I get a chance.  
2020-7-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

NeverCrash(Lie) Posted at 7-9 08:09
Thank you, @DJI Mindy.  I will do that as soon as I get a chance.

You're most welcome, hope everything goes smoothly.
2020-7-10
Use props
NeverCrashLie
lvl.1
United States

Hello DJI Mindy.  My initial flights went well but I do have a couple of things I would like addressed:

1. I received an error message while at around 150 Ft altitude:  "Obstacle Avoidance Temporary Error."  The closes object was power lines about 350 ft away.  I subsequently tested that all 4 sensors halted the drone while in Tripod Mode, and was successful.  Is there anything else I need to do to confirm the error message is not an issue?

2.  After checking out the controller, I went to apply the screen protector and, as you see in the attached picture, it was damaged during shipping.  Could I please get another?  

Could you please let me know how I should proceed?  Thank you!!

Crash

2020-7-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

NeverCrashLie Posted at 7-11 11:35
Hello DJI Mindy.  My initial flights went well but I do have a couple of things I would like addressed:

1. I received an error message while at around 150 Ft altitude:  "Obstacle Avoidance Temporary Error."  The closes object was power lines about 350 ft away.  I subsequently tested that all 4 sensors halted the drone while in Tripod Mode, and was successful.  Is there anything else I need to do to confirm the error message is not an issue?

Did you fly towards the sun? When the error prompted, did the drone brake?Here are some situations which are not suitable for the vision systems to work:1. Flying over a monochrome surface (e.g., pure black, pure white, pure red, pure green).2. Flying over a highly reflective surface.
3. Flying over water or transparent surfaces.
4. Flying over moving surfaces or objects (e.g., people that are moving, brushes or grass blown by high wind)
5. Flying in an area where the lighting changes frequently or drastically.
6. Flying over extremely dark (<10 lux) or bright (> 10,000 lux) surfaces.
7. Flying over surfaces that strongly reflect or absorb infrared waves (e.g., mirrors).
8. Flying over surfaces without clear patterns or textures.
9. Flying over surfaces with repeating identical patterns or textures (e.g., tiles with similar colors).

For the Smart Controller Screen Protector, I will forward to the team for further assistance.

2020-7-11
Use props
NeverCrashLie
lvl.1
United States

Thank you for forwarding the screen protector info.  Much appreciated!

Regarding the error, if my memory serves me correctly, I did not notice the drone braking but the error did occur just after completing a vertical climb to ~130ft (i.e. I noticed the error just after it began stationary hovering).  It was ~09:30 with no clouds, so the sun was indeed intense and relatively low on the horizon.  I am not sure if I took off facing the sun or a different direction.  I am fairly confident in saying that none of the other factors you mentioned were in play since I was flying at an RC aircraft field.

Let me know if you recommend any further investigation!

Thanks.  
Crash  
2020-7-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

NeverCrashLie Posted at 7-12 10:55
Thank you for forwarding the screen protector info.  Much appreciated!

Regarding the error, if my memory serves me correctly, I did not notice the drone braking but the error did occur just after completing a vertical climb to ~130ft (i.e. I noticed the error just after it began stationary hovering).  It was ~09:30 with no clouds, so the sun was indeed intense and relatively low on the horizon.  I am not sure if I took off facing the sun or a different direction.  I am fairly confident in saying that none of the other factors you mentioned were in play since I was flying at an RC aircraft field.

It is recommended to do more tests to see whether the error prompts again.
For the broken Screen Protector, I've sent you PM, please check it, thank you.
2020-7-13
Use props
NeverCrashLie
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 7-13 02:47
It is recommended to do more tests to see whether the error prompts again.
For the broken Screen Protector, I've sent you PM, please check it, thank you.

Thank you DJI Mindy.  I will go and try to reproduce the error and let you know how it goes.  Thanks!
2020-7-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

NeverCrashLie Posted at 7-13 06:54
Thank you DJI Mindy.  I will go and try to reproduce the error and let you know how it goes.  Thanks!

You are welcome, please keep us updated at any time.
2020-7-14
Use props
indusprintinghub
New

Pakistan

I also buy DJI Mavic in this month. And I want to thank DJI that your product is brilliant. As far as packaging is concerned, I received my order in good packaging.
2020-8-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

indusprintinghub Posted at 8-10 22:10
I also buy DJI Mavic in this month. And I want to thank DJI that your product is brilliant. As far as packaging is concerned, I received my order in good packaging.

Thanks for your positive feedback, hope you enjoy flying.
2020-8-10
Use props
wellpackeurope
New

India

A good packaging is more essential for security of any product. I also needed to build trust towards the product we order. Thanks
2020-10-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules