Osmo Pocket BRICKED!!!!!
1810 8 2020-7-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_NztXFMVWM6dM
lvl.1

United States

Hi,

I own an Osmo Pocket which I have used successfully a handful of times.  I've always taken PERFECT care of it and leave it the case.  I'm a very careful user.  

After a few months of no use, I went to turn it on and it stopped working completely!  The green light shows a charge, but it no longer turns on.  I sent it in for repair and they want to charge me $230 to replace the mother board!  This is 1000000000% manfacturer defect.  I did not do anything weird.  Didn't drop it.  Didn't overheat. Nothing.  It simplly stopped working and is now a B R I C K.

Telling me to pay $230 is unacceptable when it is not my fault and a barely ever used the thing.  Please be reasonable and help me out.  I've been a fanboy and own a drone which I love but this is just NOT ok!

My Osmo Pocket

My Osmo Pocket
2020-7-8
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

How long have you owned it?
2020-7-8
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

duplicate post
2020-7-8
Use props
djiuser_NztXFMVWM6dM
lvl.1

United States

Curt1591 Posted at 7-8 14:18
How long have you owned it?

Received Feb 2019 as bday gift.
2020-7-8
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

Unfortunately, you are outside any warranty period. You really have no recourse. And, DJI has no obligation to fix it free, even if the board was defective.

2020-7-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, we are sorry for what happened to the Osmo Pocket, I managed to get your case number via your Forum account, the warranty service was not provided due to the warranty period has been expired. Hope for your understanding and we apologize for the inconvenience caused.
2020-7-8
Use props
djiuser_NztXFMVWM6dM
lvl.1

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 7-8 19:00
Hi there, we are sorry for what happened to the Osmo Pocket, I managed to get your case number via your Forum account, the warranty service was not provided due to the warranty period has been expired. Hope for your understanding and we apologize for the inconvenience caused.

I understand that it is out if warranty, but this doesn’t make it right of DJI as a brand.  There is clearly a defect and I did nothing wrong.  There are other people complaining of the same issue and I suspect they had devices from the same batch perhaps.  I ask you to make an exception given the known issue that I have experienced through ZERO fault of my own.  My only fault was having faith in the DJI brand and evangelizing the brand.  Please escalate this issue.  It’s not right.  Known defect on barely used devices with no scratches or dents and no further explanation of the issue.  It’s easy to just jump to the motherboard and make me pay $230!  Isn’t there something you can do?  Please message me directly.
2020-7-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

djiuser_NztXFMVWM6dM Posted at 7-8 19:06
I understand that it is out if warranty, but this doesn’t make it right of DJI as a brand.  There is clearly a defect and I did nothing wrong.  There are other people complaining of the same issue and I suspect they had devices from the same batch perhaps.  I ask you to make an exception given the known issue that I have experienced through ZERO fault of my own.  My only fault was having faith in the DJI brand and evangelizing the brand.  Please escalate this issue.  It’s not right.  Known defect on barely used devices with no scratches or dents and no further explanation of the issue.  It’s easy to just jump to the motherboard and make me pay $230!  Isn’t there something you can do?  Please message me directly.

I understand how you feel but we must follow the policy. I've escalated your concerns and request to the higher-level team for better follow-up, we will have someone to contact you for further communication, please wait patiently, thank you.
2020-7-9
Use props
djiuser_NztXFMVWM6dM
lvl.1

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 7-9 00:23
I understand how you feel but we must follow the policy. I've escalated your concerns and request to the higher-level team for better follow-up, we will have someone to contact you for further communication, please wait patiently, thank you.

I'm still not satisfied with this.  I have been a vector for DJI sales through my hyping the brand to my friends and family.  In my circle I am known as the tech guy and people ask me what to get when it comes to drones and cameras.  

Moving forward without question I will be pushing American companies with better technology and WAY BETTER CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Anyone reading this post should realize that Go Pro Hero 8 black is better than anything DJI offers in the space.
Skydio R2 is better than any comparable DJI drone. Both are AMERICAN companies, too.  Both companies will support you with fair and reasonable customer service and not leave you to foot a ridiculous bill due to their own incompetence and faulty hardware.  

DJI is no longer my preferred drone / camera company and this will have a ripple effect that I am confident will be cost more money to DJI than the cost of repairing this device for free or even for a fair price.  Its a huge company, so perhaps they won't realize this economic or reputational impact, but none-the-less it will be there.  

Mindy, its not to late to reason with your team and with Ejay and do the right thing here and correct my sour taste for DJI.  

I encourage you to further escalate my case so that fairness can prevail.

Thanks.

Zach
2020-7-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules