9265 24 2020-7-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
A man and his drone
lvl.1
Flight distance : 55013 ft
United States

Hi all
I hope everyone is safe. I would like to change the unit of measure in the flight data center on the DJI fly app from metric to imperial but I am not finding any option. Can anyone point me in the right direction.
Thanks in advance
2020-7-8
Use props
GlenH
lvl.2
Flight distance : 16 ft

United States

go to the 3 little dots on the top right, menu comes up, go to control and you can change it there
hope this helps
2020-7-9
Use props
A man and his drone
lvl.1
United States

GlenH Posted at 7-9 07:16
go to the 3 little dots on the top right, menu comes up, go to control and you can change it there
hope this helps

Thanks for the reply GlenH. I have done what you suggested, it changes the unit of measure in the DJI fly app, but doesn't change the unit of measure in the flight data center. It remains in metric.
2020-7-9
Use props
GlenH
lvl.2

United States

hmmm  I did it om my phone without a connection to a drone I am using a iPhone 11 did you try it that way
2020-7-9
Use props
A man and his drone
lvl.1
United States

GlenH Posted at 7-9 12:38
hmmm  I did it om my phone without a connection to a drone I am using a iPhone 11 did you try it that way

There aren't three dots available. In the DJI fly app there are three dots. I have changed the unit of measure to imperial in the app but in the flight data center it keeps showing the flights in metric.
2020-7-9
Use props
GlenH
lvl.2

United States

do this do not connect to  the controller or drone. now open the app you should have a long bridge over the water pic  on the bottom right says connect aircraft tap that then you should get two drones slide right to see the other one on top there is   X       Select Aircraft Model       Camera View           tap the camera view  you will be in camera mode then   on the top right hand corner there is three little dots  tap them you get a menu showing on top     Safety    Control    Camera      Transmission          About            now tap on Control change to Imperial now tap Safety every thing should be in feet  if not try reinstalling the app again
2020-7-9
Use props
A man and his drone
lvl.1
United States

GlenH Posted at 7-9 16:49
do this do not connect to  the controller or drone. now open the app you should have a long bridge over the water pic  on the bottom right says connect aircraft tap that then you should get two drones slide right to see the other one on top there is   X       Select Aircraft Model       Camera View           tap the camera view  you will be in camera mode then   on the top right hand corner there is three little dots  tap them you get a menu showing on top     Safety    Control    Camera      Transmission          About            now tap on Control change to Imperial now tap Safety every thing should be in feet  if not try reinstalling the app again

I have done as you recommended. Reinstalled the app. Flight data center is still in metric. Everything else is in imperial. I guess it's not that big of an issue. Thanks for all your suggestions Glenn H.
2020-7-10
Use props
GlenH
lvl.2

United States

ok sorry it didn't change maybe someone else might know what to do or you can go to the DJI web site and ask them
2020-7-10
Use props
djiuser_lsvgqOa9wdo7
New
Flight distance : 1486 ft
United States

GlenH Posted at 2020-7-10 07:54
ok sorry it didn't change maybe someone else might know what to do or you can go to the DJI web site and ask them

I had the same  question. Followed the instructions from GlenH, and it works perfectly.
2021-1-14
Use props
djiuser_lsvgqOa9wdo7
New
Flight distance : 1486 ft
United States

GlenH Posted at 2020-7-9 16:49

Works perfectly on an iPhone.
2021-1-14
Use props
djiuser_rW6Vq611JkWq
New
Flight distance : 115951 ft
United States

GlenH Posted at 2020-7-9 16:49

This worked for my iPad gen 8.  Now it reports in miles instead of Kilos. Thanks.
2021-8-7
Use props
djiuser_9sy0NjyprYxB
lvl.1
Flight distance : 25023 ft
United States

I'M HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM
USING S21
UNINSTALLED...REINSTALLED
NOTHING.....WTF
2021-8-25
Use props
djiuser_9sy0NjyprYxB
lvl.1
Flight distance : 25023 ft
United States

A man and his drone Posted at 2020-7-10 04:40
I have done as you recommended. Reinstalled the app. Flight data center is still in metric. Everything else is in imperial. I guess it's not that big of an issue. Thanks for all your suggestions Glenn H.

Nothing here
2021-8-25
Use props
djiuser_pqAycnBF5Hli
lvl.2
Flight distance : 34980 ft
United States

I am also having this problem.    To be sure we are looking at the same data. The Dat Center in under Profile, then more will give you the flight data records. You can replay your previous trips.  Mine data records are all in Meters.   I have in the Control tab set to Imperial. This is on a RC PRO Controller.

Thanks

Dave
2022-7-11
Use props
djiuser_KxdUZlybYNn4
New
Flight distance : 53241 ft
United States

On the app home screen, tap Connection Guide in the lower right corner.  Tap “Camera View” in the upper right corner, then you will see the three dots in the upper right corner.  From there you can change the units to imperial.  This fixed it for me.
2023-1-10
Use props
whiteonrice
lvl.1
Flight distance : 40679 ft
United States

djiuser_KxdUZlybYNn4 Posted at 1-10 17:55
On the app home screen, tap Connection Guide in the lower right corner.  Tap “Camera View” in the upper right corner, then you will see the three dots in the upper right corner.  From there you can change the units to imperial.  This fixed it for me.

This does not work for me. When I do as you say everything is already set to imperial and the options are all greyed out. You can't change any settings without a drone connected.

Nothing I do changes the flight logs to imperial.

I'm on Android.

I tried on 2 different phones. Same results.
2023-2-3
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

whiteonrice Posted at 2-3 12:16
This does not work for me. When I do as you say everything is already set to imperial and the options are all greyed out. You can't change any settings without a drone connected.

Nothing I do changes the flight logs to imperial.

Hi there. We're sorry you're experiencing the same concern. Currently, Android devices do not support changing the distance unit for flight records. The default display unit is m or km. The DJI engineers have been informed of this issue and will address it through a future app update. Thank you for your patience.
This will not affect flight records. Feel free to continue using your product. We apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-2-6
Use props
Yoder of Kansas
New

United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2-6 21:21
Hi there. We're sorry you're experiencing the same concern. Currently, Android devices do not support changing the distance unit for flight records. The default display unit is m or km. The DJI engineers have been informed of this issue and will address it through a future app update. Thank you for your patience.
This will not affect flight records. Feel free to continue using your product. We apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you for your understanding and support.

It's been two years now, is there an update?  Both the Samsung S10 and the RC Controller still shows metric.  It seems like a very easy fix, so why hasn't anything been done over the years?
2023-4-15
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Yoder of Kansas Posted at 4-15 16:13
It's been two years now, is there an update?  Both the Samsung S10 and the RC Controller still shows metric.  It seems like a very easy fix, so why hasn't anything been done over the years?

Hi there. Thanks for checking in. Regretfully, we have not received updates about adding this functionality for Android devices yet. We apologize for the inconvenience. We will continue to forward such feedback to our related team's attention. Thanks for your understanding.
2023-4-15
Use props
djiuser_Iuhr8L5QNRQG
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3217684 ft
United States

Same issues.... what the hell ?
2023-8-19
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_Iuhr8L5QNRQG Posted at 8-19 18:25
Same issues.... what the hell ?

Hi there. Sorry about the inconvenience. It is because the DJI Fly App set the metric as the default unit in flight records for the Android DJI Fly App. But the iOS DJI Fly App could make it possible. This has already been referred to our relevant team for optimization. We appreciate your patience and understanding.
2023-9-14
Use props
Offroad1
lvl.1

United States

Damn, that really worked for the flight data center. Like you said you click on the camera view click on the three dots on the actual remote or your phone or the iPad change it to imperial and then it changes the flight data center to feet or miles instead of metric.
2023-10-26
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Offroad1 Posted at 10-26 20:36
Damn, that really worked for the flight data center. Like you said you click on the camera view click on the three dots on the actual remote or your phone or the iPad change it to imperial and then it changes the flight data center to feet or miles instead of metric.

Hi, Offroad1. It's great to know that you were able to change yours. Should you need further assistance, please let us know.
2023-10-28
Use props
thmitchell3tampabay.rr.com
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3824652 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am having the same problem on the new DJI RC that came with my mini 4 pro.  Which seems quite disturbing that it does work on DJI’s own equipment.
1-14 08:19
Use props
djiuser_jnyLb3Xmp8eu
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2631011 ft
United States

2024 and a rc2 remote and still unable to change to imperial.
1-20 20:01
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules