firmware update failure
5345 8 2020-7-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SpyflyWayne
lvl.1

United States

I have successfully updated the aircraft firmware using dji assistant 2, but dji assistant 2 does not recognize the smart controller when connected to my pc. When running the DJI go 4 app on the smart controller, launching the app gives the message "newfirmware is available> remote controller 01.00.0700'. If I click on that, it says "update check failed. DJI GO 4 logged out. please log in to DJI GO 4. When I go to login, I just get the above message again and keep going around in circles. So neither the DJI assistant 2 or the DJI GO 4 app lets me update.
Any suggestions?
2020-7-8
Use props
LeeG
lvl.3
Flight distance : 169281 ft
United States

Mine works with DJI Assistant from PC. Works best if you power on Smart Controller, let it boot, then plug USB to PC. It is slow to recognize it if you power on after plugging.
2020-7-8
Use props
SpyflyWayne
lvl.1

United States

LeeG Posted at 7-8 19:20
Mine works with DJI Assistant from PC. Works best if you power on Smart Controller, let it boot, then plug USB to PC. It is slow to recognize it if you power on after plugging.

Thanks, I will give it a try.
2020-7-8
Use props
SpyflyWayne
lvl.1

United States

SpyflyWayne Posted at 7-8 20:42
Thanks, I will give it a try.

LeeG

OK, using your order of set up, DJI assistant now recognizes my smartcontroller, and allows me to attempt an update to the latest firmware. The download goes OK, then during transmission, I get "update failed" with transmission about 50% complete, with a "download error log" . I click on that, it is says "downloaded" but there is nothing shown. I have retried the entire procedure several times with the same result. I give up for the night.
2020-7-8
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there SpyflyWayne. I am sorry to know that you are having issues in updating the firmware of your DJI Smart Controller. Can you please try updating the firmware of your DJI Smart Controller using your computer and the DJI Assistant 2. The latest version of DJI Assistant 2 can be downloaded using the link ( https://www.dji.com/mavic-2/info#downloads ) . You may refer to the video tutorial below as well. Please keep us posted on the latest progress. Thank you.

2020-7-8
Use props
SpyflyWayne
lvl.1

United States

Hi Stephen and thanks for  helping. Both methods of updating the smart controller fail. When I use the most recent version of DJI assistant 2, the smart controller is recognized. I select the device and update software. It confirms that there is a more recent version. I proceed to update and the download goes fine. During the transmission stage it stops and displays the message "update failed: upload error log".  I click on the upload error log and it reprorts "uploaded". Uploaded to where I have no idea. To DJI? Anyway, I repeated this many times with the same result.
If I update using the smart controller using the procedure you suggest, I get the message: "update check failed. DJI Go 4 logged out. Please log it to DJI go 4". Well, I lauch DJI Go 4 and nothing happens. I go back to the update, and the events simply repeat with no update.
2020-7-9
Use props
SpyflyWayne
lvl.1

United States

SpyflyWayne Posted at 7-9 09:32
Hi Stephen and thanks for  helping. Both methods of updating the smart controller fail. When I use the most recent version of DJI assistant 2, the smart controller is recognized. I select the device and update software. It confirms that there is a more recent version. I proceed to update and the download goes fine. During the transmission stage it stops and displays the message "update failed: upload error log".  I click on the upload error log and it reprorts "uploaded". Uploaded to where I have no idea. To DJI? Anyway, I repeated this many times with the same result.
If I update using the smart controller using the procedure you suggest, I get the message: "update check failed. DJI Go 4 logged out. Please log it to DJI go 4". Well, I lauch DJI Go 4 and nothing happens. I go back to the update, and the events simply repeat with no update.

I finally had success by removing the sd card from the controller and then updating with DJI assistant 2. This was suggested by someone on another thread.
2020-7-13
Use props
KDP +
Second Officer
Flight distance : 947930 ft
Belgium

Another useful action could be using your mobile phone as wifi network instead of your 'normal' wifi router...
2020-7-13
Use props
Richard Brandt
New

United States

I logged into the Store on the Smart Controller and it worked
2023-3-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules