Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
So Mavic Air is DEAD for 2020?
1565 15 2020-7-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DeafMacBoi
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7848 ft

United States

Hello everyone....I just want everyone know that I am DEAF and my English is NOT perfect even though I was born here in the U.S. BUT I have seen few people here on this forum are making fun of me because of my English (I am more fluent with American Sign Language) So please patience with me when I am going to ask.....OK?
I enjoyed watching YouTube video about Mavic Air I noticed some people recommended Mavic Air the best drone for 2020 but DJI is no longer selling 2 year old Mavic Air. I guess Mavic Air is now DEAD. Some people suggested me to buy new Mavic Mini but I compared Mavic Mini and Mavic Air 2. Mini lacks so many great features like true 4K video. Some people claimed Mavic Mini is a professional drone that everyone should buy for 2020.
If I am new to drone and wanted to fly it first time I wouldn't buy a Mini knowing I might get accidentally flying a mini drone over the water or tight not so friendly airspace area, etc. Am I forced to buy expensive drone for 2020?
Buying a used Mavic Air is a joke I guess

2020-7-8
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

First let me say welcome to the forum, and yes we have some not so pleasant folks
here. Now, any of the DJI drones would be a great choice. The thing to ask is
what are you using it for and base your decision on that. Also flying over water takes
some getting use to and trust in your bird. One last thing if the Mavic Air is what you
really want you can always buy used or refurbished.
2020-7-8
Use props
heliaetus
lvl.4
Greece

As Mavic Air is being phased out I'm sure you can find stock sales of brand new MAs in many retailers. Although MA2 has better characteristics I would never exchange it for MA  'cause the app sucks.
2020-7-9
Use props
DeafMacBoi
lvl.3

United States

Woe Posted at 7-8 16:47
First let me say welcome to the forum, and yes we have some not so pleasant folks
here. Now, any of the DJI drones would be a great choice. The thing to ask is
what are you using it for and base your decision on that. Also flying over water takes

I am a photographer and some artist so wanted to try drone photography but obstacle avoidance sensors are a must for me but I don’t remember if Mavic Mini has one?
2020-7-9
Use props
DeafMacBoi
lvl.3

United States

heliaetus Posted at 7-9 00:25
As Mavic Air is being phased out I'm sure you can find stock sales of brand new MAs in many retailers. Although MA2 has better characteristics I would never exchange it for MA  'cause the app sucks.

I went to some stores like Walmart or Target or Best Buy stores there are no Mavic Air on the shelves.
2020-7-9
Use props
heliaetus
lvl.4
Greece

Here's a sale on Amazon by DJI and here's some other vendors. No the Mavic Mini doesn't have obstacle avoidance.
2020-7-9
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank you for reaching out DJI Forum. With regards to this matter, as advanced products are released by DJI, older products or models reach their EOL. But the product is still available on DJI's online store, we will continue to provide after-sales service for it. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2020-7-10
Use props
Woe
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DeafMacBoi Posted at 7-9 21:27
I am a photographer and some artist so wanted to try drone photography but obstacle avoidance sensors are a must for me but I don’t remember if Mavic Mini has one?

The mini does not have obstacles avoidance
2020-7-10
Use props
DeafMacBoi
lvl.3

United States

heliaetus Posted at 7-9 21:35
Here's a sale on Amazon by DJI and here's some other vendors. No the Mavic Mini doesn't have obstacle avoidance.

I thought Amazon store sells used one? If not, I will look at it
Thank you
2020-7-12
Use props
DeafMacBoi
lvl.3

United States

Woe Posted at 7-10 04:53
The mini does not have obstacles avoidance

That is what I thought so.
2020-7-12
Use props
Woe
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DeafMacBoi Posted at 7-12 10:24
That is what I thought so.

Check the DJI website. I seen a refurbished MA1 this morning
for around $500.
2020-7-12
Use props
DeafMacBoi
lvl.3

United States

Woe Posted at 7-12 10:27
Check the DJI website. I seen a refurbished MA1 this morning
for around $500.

I found one used one in excellent condition I am going to test it soon but every places are not drone friendly airspace. Sad. But thank you very much anyway.  
2020-7-14
Use props
Woe
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DeafMacBoi Posted at 7-14 06:54
I found one used one in excellent condition I am going to test it soon but every places are not drone friendly airspace. Sad. But thank you very much anyway.

You're welcome and looking forward to seeing your work.
2020-7-14
Use props
Woe
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DeafMacBoi Posted at 7-14 06:54
I found one used one in excellent condition I am going to test it soon but every places are not drone friendly airspace. Sad. But thank you very much anyway.

2020-7-14
Use props
DeafMacBoi
lvl.3

United States

Woe Posted at 7-14 09:20

I will try but I’m scared of flying my drone lol
2020-7-14
Use props
Woe
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DeafMacBoi Posted at 7-14 20:46
I will try but I’m scared of flying my drone lol

Take your time.
2020-7-15