DJI Repair
1923 3 2020-7-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BurkhartFarms
lvl.1
United States

I shipped my Phantom 4 Advanced in and i received an email back stating "A quote detailing the cost to repair your product Phantom 4 Advanced is included in this Email. Click Repair Progress Inquiry for the detailed damage information.Dear customer, ​We regret that the service is not covered by warranty based on the results of damage assessment. Parts and labor listed below. We will either repair it or replace it with a product that’s new or equivalent to new in both performance and reliability after payment has been received."  they then list two parts that need to be replaced, the Yaw-axis Motor and the Landing gear module. then $130 for repair fees. I received my drone back but opened the case to find a different drone...not even a 4 Advanced!  I called and they said that sometimes they ship back a different one if its quicker/cheaper than repairing the one I sent.  What??  then why send me a quote with two parts listed and a repair fee?  Mine wasn't even damaged! I just started getting the message of "Gimbal Motor Overload."   anyone else run into this?  
2020-7-9
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there, sorry for the inconvenience caused. Firstly, kindly please check if the drone works normally or not? If there is any issue about the performance of the drone, please feel free to let us know and we'll do our best to help you.
Secondly, you mentioned that " received my drone back but opened the case to find a different drone...not even a 4 Advanced", I have checked your case, the aircraft and gimbal have been replaced according to DJI after-sales service policies, you may have received a Phantom 4 Advanced Aircraft and Gimbal (Excluding Remote Controller, Charger, SD Card, Battery, and Propellers), kindly please confirm it again.
At the same time, we have stated in your quotation email that we will either repair it or replace it with a product that’s new or equivalent to new in both performance and reliability after payment has been received, you also can check the DJI after-sales service policies on our official website:
https://www.dji.com/service/policy?site=brandsite&from=nav

2020-7-9
Use props
BurkhartFarms
lvl.1
United States

I read the email quote and understand what it stated: "we will either repair it or replace it with a product that’s new or equivalent to new in both performance and reliability after payment has been received."  What i want to know is why in the world would your company send me an email quote that states "A quote detailing the cost to repair your product Phantom 4 Advanced is included in this Email."  And then lists two parts that need to be replaced...two parts that total $23 whole dollars. I also read the part that states, "Parts and labor listed below. We will either repair it or replace it with a product that’s new or equivalent to new in both performance and reliability after payment has been received."  I took that as you will repair or replace the PARTS...not the entire MACHINE.  Why in the world would you send me an entirely different machine with a diff serial number when there were only two parts that needed to be replaced on my machine?  My machine was not wrecked or damaged.

When I received an email from DJI stating word for word, "Dear Customer,  Your Phantom 4 Advanced has been inspected and will be shipped within two business days." I read that as MY machine is being shipped back to me.   I am very disappointed with DJI's way of servicing their customers.
2020-7-10
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

BurkhartFarms Posted at 7-10 06:40
I read the email quote and understand what it stated: "we will either repair it or replace it with a product that’s new or equivalent to new in both performance and reliability after payment has been received."  What i want to know is why in the world would your company send me an email quote that states "A quote detailing the cost to repair your product Phantom 4 Advanced is included in this Email."  And then lists two parts that need to be replaced...two parts that total $23 whole dollars. I also read the part that states, "Parts and labor listed below. We will either repair it or replace it with a product that’s new or equivalent to new in both performance and reliability after payment has been received."  I took that as you will repair or replace the PARTS...not the entire MACHINE.  Why in the world would you send me an entirely different machine with a diff serial number when there were only two parts that needed to be replaced on my machine?  My machine was not wrecked or damaged.

When I received an email from DJI stating word for word, "Dear Customer,  Your Phantom 4 Advanced has been inspected and will be shipped within two business days." I read that as MY machine is being shipped back to me.   I am very disappointed with DJI's way of servicing their customers.

Sorry for the confusion, but these email templates mean the product you sent back could be repaired/replaced, the Payment Notification email has also stated the product could be repaired/replaced. The replacement drone has been tested and is similar to brand new goods in function and appearance. Please keep us updated if there is any problem with the drone, thanks for your understanding of the policy.
2020-7-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules