Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Your advice please.
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AlansDronePics
Second Officer
Flight distance : 814751 ft
Guernsey

I want to produce a very short documentary about a roman fort, currently a nunnery of historic interest.The photo is out of date but shows the subject, just for context.
The question is, what does the public want to see and know about in just 2 minutes, max?
There are lots of facts and figures, but my eyes glaze over when I hear guides mention them. So how would you develop the story?

All advice would be welcome. Filming starts at 10.00am tomorrow (10-00 am GMT), so not much time to come up with a plan.
Thanks in anticipation.

Nunnery pana.jpg
2020-7-9
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Good question.
I would for sure add ground footage / details and use drone footage mainly for establishing shots.
In my opinion ground footage can be related to more by people (maybe because we can't fly by nature)
So drone shots are more a bonus
2020-7-14
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Include some view that people would normally see,  like a straight down from the sky shot.  
2020-7-14
Use props
AlansDronePics
Second Officer
Guernsey

Montfrooij Posted at 7-14 00:07
Good question.
I would for sure add ground footage / details and use drone footage mainly for establishing shots.
In my opinion ground footage can be related to more by people (maybe because we can't fly by nature)

Site owner delayed fly-around, so I can bear your advice in mind.
I think you are right about the drone for location shots... I hadn't considered that.
I was thinking about fun-facts type theme, but apart from the orgies, Romans weren't noted for it. Nuns aren't noted for much in the fun department either. We do have nuns here on the island and they are very prone to lovely smiles. The Monk is a bit of a character as well. He has a habit, not a dirty one, but not clean, either. He wears a ship's hawser sized rope around his waist. It dangles excessively long and has a knot on the end.
Great if they have a whip-round, I suppose.
2020-7-14
Use props
AlansDronePics
Second Officer
Guernsey

DAFlys Posted at 7-14 01:24
Include some view that people would normally see,  like a straight down from the sky shot.

I get your gist. Thank you.
2020-7-14
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

AlansDronePics Posted at 7-14 08:19
Site owner delayed fly-around, so I can bear your advice in mind.
I think you are right about the drone for location shots... I hadn't considered that.
I was thinking about fun-facts type theme, but apart from the orgies, Romans weren't noted for it. Nuns aren't noted for much in the fun department either. We do have nuns here on the island and they are very prone to lovely smiles. The Monk is a bit of a character as well. He has a habit, not a dirty one, but not clean, either. He wears a ship's hawser sized rope around his waist. It dangles excessively long and has a knot on the end.

Yeah, it is always difficult to tell a story when there is not too much happening.
2020-7-14
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

AlansDronePics Posted at 7-14 08:20
I get your gist. Thank you.

2020-7-14
Use props
Advanced