Mavic Mini crash
2699 16 2020-7-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_REIKOINU0vzQ
lvl.1
Flight distance : 262234 ft
Poland

Hello.Today in sport mode I crashed my dron. The damage was minor.  After the fall the drone functioned normally.  I noticed that he can't stand still, pulls him aside (I crashed him 2 times at home during the test).  I exchanged the propeller and it is better, but I have the impression that it still cannot stand still normal (like try fight with the wind).  Is it possible that something else has been damaged?  Is it possible to perform some function test?  everything seems to be working fine but this lack of stability worries me.
2020-7-9
Use props
Sean-newbie
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Check the props very carefully for cracks, they can be extremely hard to see. Did you change both blades of the damaged propellor?
Try hovering it indoors, maybe 3ft off the floor, in a well lit empty room with nothing loose on the floor beneath the drone nor flapping in the field of vision of the downward looking sensors. In such conditions
I doubt mine 'moves' more than 2 inches, though there might be a very slow and random drift. It's probably best if the floor there are clearly visible stationary objects in the sensors field of vision to give it reference points.
Outside especially when it above the range of the vision sensors it is less stable but it's difficult to quantify the movement.
2020-7-9
Use props
djiuser_REIKOINU0vzQ
lvl.1
Poland

testing right now.  Unfortunately, immediately after launching the drone escapes and after a while it is very difficult to take him in 1 place.  earlier in this place the drone was stable and now it starts to run away.  calibration passed.  I don't know where to look for the reason.  how to do hard reset?
2020-7-9
Use props
Sean-newbie
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sorry I should have said there may be an initial wander away from the launch point, between maybe 2 and 4 ft for me, but then it does to some extent return, however once it is hovering  post #2 applies
2020-7-9
Use props
Sean-newbie
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sorry I should have said there may be an initial and immediate wander away from the launch point, between maybe 2 and 4 ft for me, (when it occurs it's always forward and slightly right for me) but then it does to some extent return, however once it is hovering  post #2 applies.
2020-7-9
Use props
Guorium
Second Officer
Flight distance : 513061 ft
Australia

Check if the motors are seated properly in the arms. Though unlikely to have been damaged in a shortfall...
2020-7-9
Use props
djiuser_REIKOINU0vzQ
lvl.1
Poland

technical and visual condition everything is ok, the arms fold like new and there are no slack. Now Im going to reup new software. if something goes wrong then I will give it back under the care guarantee because I have bought it. Thanks for helping.
2020-7-9
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

The ability to hover indoors depends on two things, a pattern on the floor that it can discern and enough light for it. If you don't have one of those, it wont be likely to stay put. I always fly mine over an Oriental pattern rug with all the lights on. Both of my Minis hover fine in those conditions even though both have some banged up props.

2020-7-9
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. I am sorry to read and to know that your DJI Mavic Mini crashed before. Since this unfortunate incident happened I would recommend you to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. Just a reminder that  DJI do not recommend doing a DIY in fixing the said drone to avoid further damaging the said unit. We hope to hear from you soon and looking forward to resolve this issue as soon as possible. Thank for your support.
2020-7-9
Use props
djiuser_REIKOINU0vzQ
lvl.1
Poland

Hello.
Today I reinstall software and now everything is Ok. Dron is stable in home (as in the video above) and outside. Important to me is when he stay in 1 place like a new.
About the crash, it is a slight damage to the back arm that did not require any action because a slight slack left right had no effect on the flight.  it was only felt during rearing. I used glue and glued this piece (now is like a new)
Thanks a lot for help.
15943795051364186100503843229865.jpg
1594379532241911157136544980532.jpg
15943795611085595312891110381787.jpg
2020-7-10
Use props
EHEA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 363960 ft
Germany

I guess if you made one of those in door test flights where you see a "runaway", and then upload the telemetry *.dat file extracted from the mobile phone (see HOW TOs here in the forum), the experts here would be able to tell whether it's the sensors, the motors or the motor control. or whatever Just be prepared that the telemetry might contain info like your home's GPS coordinates (if the frone catches enough signal indoors, rare but possible), serial numbers etc.

Using the Prop guards might be a good idea :-)

2020-7-10
Use props
fans3f73ee97
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

Mine is a little less stable indoors than GaryDoug's for what I remember (perhaps is the space, or maybe the mileage) but flies beautifully.

One should have an IMU calibration when the drone is unable to hover steadily.
2020-7-10
Use props
djiuser_REIKOINU0vzQ
lvl.1
Poland

yes, I sent it before, I made the calibration and it was done correctly but the drone pulled to the side, which ended in a crash to something nearby (zero damage, a bit propellers rubbed). After reinstalling the software everything OK.  I was looking for a hard reset but I found nothing about that. Reinstalling the software do Hard reset? Anybody know something?  (for clarity: I downgrade to 0.400 and then upgrade to 0.500)
2020-7-10
Use props
Sean-newbie
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Gary, you might like to try starting the motors with the drone in your hand then lift your hand until you feel the motors respond then slowly lower your hand. Doing that my mini will 'hover' out of my hand with the tendancy to move forwards mentioned above.

djiuser_REIKOINU0vzQ please 'miciro soft paint' etc. a photo showing with arrows what you glued?
2020-7-10
Use props
Kamil262
lvl.1
Poland

Between the upper and lower arrows is the crack I have sealed.  The fracture caused minimal slack left right rear arm which was felt only when folding / unfolding the arm.  This had no effect on the work drone's handling and operation as the arm was still very stable.  I glued only for the convenience of folding the arm
2020-7-10
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sean-newbie Posted at 7-10 05:19
Gary, you might like to try starting the motors with the drone in your hand then lift your hand until you feel the motors respond then slowly lower your hand. Doing that my mini will 'hover' out of my hand with the tendancy to move forwards mentioned above.

djiuser_REIKOINU0vzQ please 'miciro soft paint' etc. a photo showing with arrows what you glued?

Yeah, I don't need to do that. It flies straight off the rug just fine. I do sometimes use a hand launch and recovery while on the boat but, even then, it's not usually required.
2020-7-10
Use props
Sean-newbie
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I wasn't suggesting there's anything 'wrong'  or in need of rectification in your video, it's just that as you shot that I thought you might find it 'cool' to have it 'hover out of your hand'. no worries either way.
2020-7-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules