12345Next >
9835 191 2020-7-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
boreale_96
lvl.1
Canada

Just a week after buying it.

The radio signal wasn't great but I don't think I really did something wrong. I was flying back and out of nowhere, I lost all signal. Used RTH but it never came back. I ended up finding it near a building, in pieces.

Here is the video. We cannot see the crash because all signal was lost. What you can see is that the drone gets close to a building. RTH activated itself but seing it was going straight in the building, I canceled it and decided to go manual but straight after, I lost all signal.

This is the flight log: https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/C3BO9WK97F5D8M40TBSS/

Now I'm not sure what do to. I believe I have a warranty but i'm not sure if i'm accountable for the crash or not.

Sincerely,
Clement
image0.jpg
2020-7-9
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Clement. I am sorry to read and to know what happened to your DJI Mavic Mini. This is not the experience that we want you to have your DJI Drone Since this unfortunate incident happened. It would be best to contact out DJI Support Team for further assistance at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav . We would do their best to find out the reason of the incident and then the corresponding resolution/fix would be provided. Again, I am sorry for the incident and thank you for your understanding.
2020-7-9
Use props
Sean-newbie
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sorry but to be honest I have little sympathy for you, I think this perfectly highlights the dangers of flying over built up areas, what if it had hit someone as it fell?

''The radio signal wasn't great but I don't think I really did something wrong.'' that seems to me to be self contradictory in itself.

It seems you flew to over 3600ft from the home point, that surely is out of sight? So as I would see it you have flown beyond visual range and more than likely over ''bystanders'' and possibly ''put people at risk''. Food for thought perhaps?

2020-7-10
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sorry to see you crashed
2020-7-10
Use props
itchyeyeballs
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Do you have care refresh?

Did you have an SD card in the drone? if so the video on there should show the flight right up to the crash if you were recording.

Looking at where you lost signal, a RTH would have taken it straight into the tall building on its direct path back to you. Your flight looked doomed as soon as you went behind the building, signal would have been lost, the building is 500 feet tall so it wasn't gong to go over it unless your RTH height was higher than that (max height permitted in Canada looks to be 400 feet)
2020-7-10
Use props
itchyeyeballs
lvl.4
United Kingdom

This looks like the building you went behind. As soon as you were out of line of sight signal would be lost.

The  drone would then climb to preset RTH height and fly in a straight line direct back to you or hit whatever was in the way
edit - Looking at your video, if you had left the original auto RTH it probably would have returned safe. when you took over it seems like you went forward further behind building which completely cut of signal and doomed the flight

2020-7-10
Use props
fans3f73ee97
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

That is one dead Mini... feel sorry for it.

Not in a month of Sundays you can claim anything from DJI having crashed that way... unless you have Care Refresh.
2020-7-10
Use props
Droneflier
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1811322 ft
South Africa

Man thats bad I hope you get a replacement
2020-7-10
Use props
boreale_96
lvl.1
Canada

Sean-newbie Posted at 7-10 03:01
Sorry but to be honest I have little sympathy for you, I think this perfectly highlights the dangers of flying over built up areas, what if it had hit someone as it fell?

''The radio signal wasn't great but I don't think I really did something wrong.'' that seems to me to be self contradictory in itself.

You're probably right. I assumed these drones were made to go out of sight and interference was normal in a city. Lessons learned.
2020-7-10
Use props
boreale_96
lvl.1
Canada

fans3f73ee97 Posted at 7-10 04:08
That is one dead Mini... feel sorry for it.

Not in a month of Sundays you can claim anything from DJI having crashed that way... unless you have Care Refresh.

They said I am under the warranty period so I can sent it for reparation.
2020-7-10
Use props
boreale_96
lvl.1
Canada

itchyeyeballs Posted at 7-10 03:44
Do you have care refresh?

Did you have an SD card in the drone? if so the video on there should show the flight right up to the crash if you were recording.

I do not.

I did but the file is corrupted, I cannot open it in anyways.

Yes my RTH was lower than that.
2020-7-10
Use props
PanX
lvl.2
Flight distance : 95781 ft
Greece

boreale_96 Posted at 7-10 09:48
I do not.

I did but the file is corrupted, I cannot open it in anyways.

Do what the DJI stuff said and open a ticket, they will ask for your data (some of them are allready synced to their servers) you never know and its free. DJI till now had show a good face dealing with drones malfunctions.
2020-7-10
Use props
Sean-newbie
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

boreale_96 , these drones ARE made to have incredible range and indeed to fly out of visual range but that is not my point.
My point is laws. As I understand the Candian system you are supposed to have the drone in sight at all time "visual line of sight"  I think (VLOS), and you are not supposed to fly over bystanders etc.
If you haven't read them already I would suggest you read your CAA's drone rules/laws.

That said, which file can you not open?
The ones on the drone are as far as I know unreadable by anyone other than DJI due to their being encrypted. The DAT files on your 'phone' in the folder MCDatFlightRecords require software such as Datcon and Csvview, that's Csv view without the gap, to process them into a form that humans can read. The txt files in the folder DJIFlightRecords can be uploaded to https://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/upload/
You might also like to read https://mavicpilots.com/threads/ ... alysis-guide.78627/
There may also be a DAT file on the mSD card but what it may contain seems variable, see https://mavicpilots.com/threads/ ... 91756/#post-1034555 from post onwards
2020-7-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Sean-newbie Posted at 7-10 10:52
boreale_96 , these drones ARE made to have incredible range and indeed to fly out of visual range but that is not my point.
My point is laws. As I understand the Candian system you are supposed to have the drone in sight at all time "visual line of sight"  I think (VLOS), and you are not supposed to fly over bystanders etc.
If you haven't read them already I would suggest you read your CAA's drone rules/laws.

Canadian rules are slightly different for 249g and allows flying over people.
2020-7-10
Use props
Sean-newbie
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ok, can you provide a link to a Canadian CAA webpage where it states that flying a below 250g drone over people is legal? I can not find one. Thank you
2020-7-10
Use props
boreale_96
lvl.1
Canada

Sean-newbie Posted at 7-10 13:38
Ok, can you provide a link to a Canadian CAA webpage where it states that flying a below 250g drone over people is legal? I can not find one. Thank you

https://tc.canada.ca/en/aviation/drone-safety/find-your-category-drone-operation

Look at the graphic at the end of the page.
I reflected on the crash. I think it's a good thing it happened. I may have lost some $$ but it made me fully realize I wasn't flying cautiously and I could have put some people in danger. I will rebuy a Mavic Mini because I was very satisfied with the product and fly according to canadian regulation from now on.
2020-7-10
Use props
Sean-newbie
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

boreale_96 Posted at 7-10 13:39
https://tc.canada.ca/en/aviation/drone-safety/find-your-category-drone-operation

Look at the graphic at the end of the page.

Thanks, re the remains of the 'old' one, keep them, Spares are always handy and they will at least let you practise some dismantling if the needs ever arise
2020-7-10
Use props
SD_Pilot
First Officer
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

never a good idea to fly a mini (especially a weak mini compared to say MP) in that area/height conditions - bound to lose and crash it. Learned lesson as you'd mentioned.
2020-7-10
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

boreale_96 Posted at 7-10 09:47

The warranty covers manufacturing defects, not accidents. Anyway... good luck, and may this not happen again.
2020-7-11
Use props
El Diabolico
Second Officer

Germany

boreale_96 Posted at 7-10 09:47

This has nothing to do with warranty, it was a reckless flying accident so you will have to pay the full repair... looking at your drone photo, I believe it will be cheaper to buy a new drone.

One advise package if I may: respect VLOS especially in the city, 249gr or not, it can still hurt someone from that height AND next time, get Care Refresh. Also, learn to fly and read the manual before venturing so far ;)
2020-7-11
Use props
El Diabolico
Second Officer

Germany

hallmark007 Posted at 7-10 11:58
Canadian rules are slightly different for 249g and one of them allows flying over people.

Once again, you pretend to be an expert but you’re misleading people.

In Canada if you want to fly over bystanders you need a special “Advanced Operations” permit. The same goes for flying near buildings, you need to get permission from the owner(s). 249gr or not.

The horizontal limit is 30m from people non related to the drone operator (e.g.: crew).

Get your facts together.
2020-7-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

El Diabolico Posted at 7-11 05:45
Once again, you pretend to be an expert but you’re misleading people.

In Canada if you want to fly over bystanders you need a special “Advanced Operations” permit. The same goes for flying near buildings, you need to get permission from the owner(s). 249gr or not.

I’m sure most people around here get fed up with you, you're a complete idiot troll, I think you'll find you can fly over people.
I'm surprised that and idiot like you actually bought a mini, you spent a full 2 months telling everyone it was useless not safe along with continually knocking people who bought it, I guess it was the only drone you could afford LMAO...

2020-7-11
Use props
El Diabolico
Second Officer

Germany

hallmark007 Posted at 7-11 06:55
I’m sure most people around here get fed up with you, you're a complete idiot troll, I think you'll find you can fly over people.
I'm surprised that and idiot like you actually bought a mini, you spent a full 2 months telling everyone it was useless not safe along with continually knocking people who bought it, I guess it was the only drone you could afford LMAO...

First of all, calling me an idiot while hiding behind a computer a few thousand kilometers away doesn’t make you sound very brave. I bet you wouldn’t call any of the forum members anything on their face as you’d probably ... your pants confronting me or any other male in real life. You are not "most people" Walmart, stop trying to get support in the forum. Your reputation as a lonely and acidic individual precedes you.

Second, to prove once again what an armchair expert you are, here’s the official Canadian Government’s answer vs your YouTube video from Kate (?).As you OBVIOUSLY DONT KNOW, the below rules are applicable to all drones, including the 249gr Mini. This topic has been also discussed intensively in the Mavic Pilots forum.
You also tried to convince the audience that my photos were composites and your arguments felt into the dirt when I uploaded the RAW files. Once again, you're exposed and you just can't accept defeat. Your EGO outweighs your intelligence by far, congrats.

Now, go back inside and try to write something funny and have a beer... May I suggest Corona?

https://tc.canada.ca/en/aviation ... one-operation#basic

2020-7-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

El Diabolico Posted at 7-11 09:00
First of all, calling me an idiot while hiding behind a computer a few thousand kilometers away doesn’t make you sound very brave. I bet you wouldn’t call any of the forum members anything on their face as you’d probably ... your pants confronting me or any other male in real life. You are not "most people" Walmart, stop trying to get support in the forum. Your reputation as a lonely and acidic individual precedes you.

Second, to prove once again what an armchair expert you are, here’s the official Canadian Government’s answer vs your YouTube video from Kate (?).As you OBVIOUSLY DONT KNOW, the below rules are applicable to all drones, including the 249gr Mini. This topic has been also discussed intensively in the Mavic Pilots forum.

Hey idiot are you still trolling.. your composite photos are still here, skylum I believe. Yet we still haven't seen even 1 drone photo from mr pro photographer. Now you actually have a drone maybe we'll see one. But my guess is you'd prefer to troll. Get a job you loser.
2020-7-11
Use props
El Diabolico
Second Officer

Germany

hallmark007 Posted at 7-11 09:49
Hey idiot are you still trolling.. your composite photos are still here, skylum I believe. Yet we still haven't seen even 1 drone photo from mr pro photographer. Now you actually have a drone maybe we'll see one. But my guess is you'd prefer to troll. Get a jobWhy aren't you replying to the previous post?

Why are you avoiding to reply to the previous post? See, your immature tactics of provoking a reaction so you can go crying to the admins and get people banned do not work anymore... also, creating a distraction from the fact that you are an ignorant regarding drone rules doesn't give you a free pass. You are simply a drone collector. That doesn't make you an authority in the field, with your armchair stereotypical replies, you're actually the joke of this forum.

So, coming back to out topic: Can you fly above people in Canada without a permit yes or no Walmart?

Ps. Having to resource to insults only shows what a coward you are, I get if I would slap you you'll call the police right? Same as in the forum... insults publicly, then pretends to be the victim, logs-in from 2-3 different accounts to downvote (like anyone gives a crap about it), calls others a troll, sends personal PM messages to get a reaction, then goes crying to the admins to get people banned... .

2020-7-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

El Diabolico Posted at 7-11 15:19
Shut up already you imbecile, you sound like a broken record. Your replies are as boring and predictable as your sex life...Regarding photography well... I posted my own photos, you copy-pasted a screenshot from Google and made a fool of yourself (again). I am going to take some shots with the Mini just for you. Let's see what you will say then. I dare you to do the same, then we can come back to this topic again so I can expose you even more you little armchair expert.

Ps. Get a job?  Says the retired alcoholic  pensionist spending his income on potatoes and drones...

Miserable immigrant go back to the hole you crawled out of. You once again stepped on this thread to try cause trouble and got slapped back to where you belong, you’re a fake who thinks he can wrap up here insult people and the drones they fly. Now go off into an open space with your mini press the photo button you’ll have a photo, don’t try faking the sky look how you got it arse ways about face in you last posted piece of rubbish.

Now go away from me and stop trolling you’ve been doing it to long now.........bye.....
2020-7-11
Use props
El Diabolico
Second Officer

Germany

hallmark007 Posted at 7-11 16:09
Miserable immigrant go back to the hole you crawled out of. You once again stepped on this thread to try cause trouble and got slapped back to where you belong, you’re a fake who thinks he can wrap up here insult people and the drones they fly. Now go off into an open space with your mini press the photo button you’ll have a photo, don’t try faking the sky look how you got it arse ways about face in you last posted piece of rubbish.

Now go away from me and stop trolling you’ve been doing it to long now.........

“Miserable immigrant”...?
I would say that sounds a little racist don’t you? Thanks for showing everybody who you really are and what you really think...What’s next Gays, Blacks, Chinese?

Perhaps the admins have an opinion about this form of discrimination?
Let’s see... you're definitely not making many new friends around here with those racial comments...
And stop altering the facts once again, I stepped into the conversation to highlight that one more time you are sharing the wrong information. Also, nobody is "insulting people and the drones they fly", I am addressing you and you only. Making things up doesn't help your case at all. Grow up.

Remember what Khabib told McTapper after smashing his face? "Let's talk now" and the answer of your chicken compatriot: "it's only business..." lol

So let's talk now, Dave.

2020-7-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

El Diabolico Posted at 7-11 16:18
“Miserable immigrant”...?
I would say that sounds a little racist don’t you? Thanks for showing everybody who you really are and what you really think...What’s next Gays, Blacks, Chinese?

I see you have reverted to type again. Go away troll......
2020-7-12
Use props
El Diabolico
Second Officer

Germany

hallmark007 Posted at 7-12 00:02
I see you have reverted to type again. Go away troll......

And I say let’s talk about bad taste in composites... any comments on the below samples? Skylum I presume? How ironic and what a hypocrite you are man... accusing me of posting composites while this is the best Ireland has to offer lol. Let's spice it up a notch shall we?
The way I see it, I believe you own me and every other foreigner in this forum a public apology unless you want a face behind the racist comments David.
I promise you, this time you're going to hit a new low, face first. What happens next is your choice. Tic... toc... tic... toc... remember, I know what you did last summer ;)

The last ones are a masterpiece... you really nailed planet Mars with alien eagles, dogs and all that stuff... and what can be said about those thunderstorms... poetry in motion. Your photography skills are simply amazing! The composition... the leading lines, the powerfull black & white tonality... this almost makes up for the copy-paste photo from Iceland. YOU SIR ELEVATE PHOTOGRAPHY TO NEW LEVELS. BRAVO, BRAVISSIMO!

56393FF7-EF51-472E-A65C-593AF676A36C.jpeg
1CFAE97B-F33A-4292-850B-7CBF28A1B6B3.jpeg
2020-7-12
Use props
Droneflier
lvl.4
South Africa

I really wish the two of you exchange home addresses and one of you make a plant to go to the other, kiss and make up, so we can be excluded from this very public toxic love hate relationship.  
2020-7-12
Use props
El Diabolico
Second Officer

Germany

Droneflier Posted at 7-12 05:03
I really wish the two of you exchange home addresses and one of you make a plant to go to the other, kiss and make up, so we can be excluded from this very public toxic love hate relationship.

Sorry but racist comments like that shouldn’t be tolerated in any public forum. Go back to the beginning of this altercation. I was polite although I exposed the fact that he is always spreading wrong information.
His answer was to call me an idiot and a “miserable immigrant”. I am expecting a South African to be against racism after all what has happened in your country or you’re supporting this???

David always recurs to personal insults every time he has a disagreement with any other member.
Well his days of glory are over. I am expecting the administrators to ban this form of misconduct.
2020-7-12
Use props
Droneflier
lvl.4
South Africa

This is a drone forum for us to help and encourage one another to be come better pilots, photographers and film makers. Maybe make a friend or two where we communicate privately. If people want to be in one another's faces do it in privacy, stop washing your dirty laundry in public. Sorry man no sympathy from me you both must grow up. The new world order if you don't like what people say to or about you call it racism.
2020-7-12
Use props
El Diabolico
Second Officer

Germany

Droneflier Posted at 7-12 05:32
This is a drone forum for us to help and encourage one another to be come better pilots, photographers and film makers. Maybe make a friend or two where we communicate privately. If people want to be in one another's faces do it in privacy, stop washing your dirty laundry in public. Sorry man no sympathy from me you both must grow up. The new world order if you don't like what people say to or about you call it racism.

“The new world order if you don’t like what people say to or about you call it racism”

Well I don’t think the word “miserable immigrant” leaves much room for interpretation...

Racism is not a phenomenon of the “new world”, it has been a miserable characteristic of human race for ages so I don’t understand why you are trying to downplay this...
Specially South Africa with its colonial policies has been in the epicenter of social separatism since Apartheid so unless you’re black, I would suggest you stay out of this one... friend.

Hallmark is a racist and this is not the first time he makes racist comments on this forum. The difference with the “new world” you’re mentioning is that finally people is punishing these behaviors.
2020-7-12
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

El Diabolico Posted at 7-12 03:50
And I say let’s talk about bad taste in composites... any comments on the below samples? Skylum I presume? How ironic and what a hypocrite you are man... accusing me of posting composites while this is the best Ireland has to offer lol. Let's spice it up a notch shall we?
The way I see it, I believe you own me and every other foreigner in this forum a public apology unless you want a face behind the racist comments David.
I promise you, this time you're going to hit a new low, face first. What happens next is your choice. Tic... toc... tic... toc... remember, I know what you did last summer ;)

Difference between you and I is. I tell the truth and I don’t troll people. One picture above was reposted by daflys he’s a member here. The others were posted as composite’s , and that’s the right thing to do and most photographers will work to this rule, except dishonest ones like yourself.

Slapped down once again.
2020-7-12
Use props
El Diabolico
Second Officer

Germany

hallmark007 Posted at 7-12 10:26
Difference between you and I is. I tell the truth and I don’t troll people. One picture above was reposted by daflys he’s a member here. The others were posted as composite’s , and that’s the right thing to do and most photographers will work to this rule, except dishonest ones like yourself.

Slapped down once again.

David, I gave you a chance to apologize.

Now you’re going to be humiliated publicly. Time’s up.
2020-7-12
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Just to let members know this guy El diabilox trolls members on the internet, he stole photos above of mine without my permission and they are not free photos to anyone. So this thief has obviously trolled me found out my private details to this forum and then after stealing my photos he reposted them here.
A year or so ago he trolled another members private life, again posting private details about this member and sending abusive emails to this gentleman. Now I’m just warning other members that this guy is very likely to try trolling your private to post and steal what’s not his, a creep in the night who needs to SPY on any member here he chooses to.
If he doesn’t remove my private to here photos I will insist dji do so. I’m sure no member expects another to try trolling his life outside of this forum.
This guy is a low life and has been trolling this forum and it’s members for years.
2020-7-12
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

El Diabolico Posted at 7-12 10:29
David, I gave you a chance to apologize.

Now you’re going to be humiliated publicly. Time’s up.

Don’t worry I have it in hand.

It’s my job now to warn others here the extent you have trolled others private lives. I’m not in the least worried by your threats in fact judging by your form and how you have tried to intimidate other members in the past, with your threats and vulgar language I expected nothing less.

2020-7-12
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

I think it would be a good idea for members to read this guys posts.
If he doesn’t like what you say he threatens to invade your private life and post it on this forum.

He has publicly done this to another member and got BANNED for life, he has already stalked me in my private life. No member comes here to have another troll into his private life, it’s obviously what this guy does, his interest is not in drones but peoples private lives.
I’d urge everyone to watch out for stalkers like this, they have no place here.
2020-7-12
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

I think it would be a good idea for members to read this guys posts.
If he doesn’t like what you say he threatens to invade your private life and post it on this forum.

He has publicly done this to another member and got BANNED for life, he has already stalked me in my private life. No member comes here to have another troll into his private life, it’s obviously what this guy does, his interest is not in drones but peoples private lives.
I’d urge everyone to watch out for stalkers like this, they have no place here.
2020-7-12
Use props
boreale_96
lvl.1
Canada

Can a mod delete this thread? It got out of hand.
2020-7-12
Use props
12345Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules