Gimbal Calibration
2063 4 2015-6-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rob88
lvl.3

Canada

So you've calibrated your gimbal, but are you sure it's perfect?  Here's my setup (note the coins under the right side of the carpenter's level).  Once the rig is set up perfectly level and square, I scroll the gimbal to check the viewfinder grid lines (camera settings - more - grid) against the level.
Gimbal calibration.jpg
grid setting.png
good to go.png
2015-6-18
Use props
KittenSwagger
lvl.2

United States

Great tip! Thanks for sharing it with us all! Plan on doing a full calibration of everything when I get off work!
2015-6-18
Use props
aburkefl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

"That thing will never get off the ground!"

"Wow - the props are turning so fast, they're invisible!"

Couldn't resist!

A friend saw one of my videos the other day. He noted that the horizon doesn't appear to be level. I pointed out that it isn't - my property slopes slightly from east to west. if I wanted to put my Phantom on perfectly level ground outside, one side would have to be blocked up. I do all the calibrations except for the compass when my Phantom is inside.
2015-6-18
Use props
Willie Wonka
lvl.4

United States

And when you do the IMU Calibration make sure you get a table outside and check it with the Mercury level length and width then your gimbal calibration would be perfect even when you turn around in the air and the horizon starts to skew off.
2015-6-18
Use props
Rob88
lvl.3

Canada

Anyone found a permanent fix for gimbal issues?
2015-6-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules