Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
What would happen if?
1452 3 2015-6-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Yapstrapper
lvl.2

United States

So what happens if you start in a non restricted fly zone and then flew into one?  Anyone with actual experience of this? Reason I ask is the other day I was flying in the desert near the California border and noticed there was a no fly zone very close to me, I didn't fly into it but got me wondering what would happen if I accidentally got into it.  I know the drone won't allow the props to start if you are already in a no fly zone, question is would it just stop forward movement or shut off and drop out of the sky if you flew into a no fly zone?
2015-6-18
Use props
PeteGould
lvl.4

United States

I can tell you what it's DESIGNED to do but I don't plan on testing it.

It is designed not to penetrate into the no fly zone, similar to what happens if you've set a maximum distance and try to exceed it.  Essentially it stops at the border and the app gives you an error message.

If something happens and it finds itself already in the no fly zone (temporary loss of GPS air something) it should land immediately as it does with a critical low power situation.
2015-6-18
Use props
Yapstrapper
lvl.2

United States

That's what I thought just wondered if anyone has experienced it and if it works as designed
2015-6-18
Use props
River 1
New

United States

I can tell you my motors will not start inside a restricted no fly zone.. and yes when in the air it will not let you enter no matter where you attempt to enter anywhere into the no fly radius. Its wonderful .
2015-6-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules