Question Before Purchase
577 4 2020-7-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kvitalij83
lvl.2
Spain

Hello All Forum members.Glad to be here.

I own a dji mavic mini, and I am trying to cut down weight I carry with my camera set up. (Fuji X-h1 + lenses, gimbal, tripod and accessories etc.)
Recently I am starting to hear a lot of good things about Osmo Pocket "OP", but I have some questions.  

Can members who use OP help me with my questions Please.

1. What I am concerned about is using the OP every day without the phone. (If decide to go that root for portability)
I heared users complain that you need your phone with you, everytime you want to use your OP.
Is that true?
For example: Every time I switch my OP off. and in 15min I want to make a short clip, do I need to connect it to the phone everytime before recording? or only once and then for a day you are good to go... Off and On, Off and On and the phone is not neccessary? I hope I explain it right.

2. Battery life, How good is it, if I don't make long recordings but rather short clips of travelling here and there, How long does it last?
3. Also, in case I decide to  make a small rig connect it to the phone and mic to use better screen and sound. Does it drains the battery quickly and how quick?
4. To charge it on the goo with powerbank is that a vialble option?

This are the main questions that worries me, thank you for your time,  advice and tips you have about my questions.

Regards,.
Vitalij

2020-7-10
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Answers.

1: No, you don't need the phone. The screen is very small though for framing.

2: I've had mine since it came out and providing you store and use the Osmo Pocket as the instructions tell you It can last the estimated 140 minutes of recording but it can vary depending on the settings. [Edit] frame rates and resolution settings can change the estimated recording times.

3: Yes. In my experience it just about halves the recording time. It helps to make sure your phone is also fully charged in use. You will need a compatible phone to to first enable the pocket via the Mimo app and update any firmware first. When that is done make sure you go through the calibration requirement before first use. Make sure you have a compatible micro SD card.

4: Yes you can use a power brick but make sure you only use the Osmo Pockets lead to charge it and make sure the charging output does not exceed the power charging requirements.

Ray.
2020-7-10
Use props
Kvitalij83
lvl.2
Spain

Thank you Ray for a quick tips and response, i will keep that in mind.
2020-7-10
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Kvitalij83. Thank you for reaching out and for choosing the DJI Osmo Pocket. In addition to these information I will post a link where in you can also check the overview, the specification and the frequently asked questions for the DJI Osmo Pocket. Thank you and please stay safe always.

https://www.dji.com/osmo-pocket?site=brandsite&from=nav
2020-7-12
Use props
B_Gears
lvl.2
United States

Hello there Kvitalij83, you only need the phone if you want to view what you are recording on a larger screen. The OP works fine on it's own and is very handy to carry instead of a camera. I can also be charged while it is recording. If you are worried about battery life just use an external power source like you would use to charge a phone. I use the OP to record concerts and have it connected to an external power source so I don't have to worry about it running out of battery.
2020-7-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules